Letting it go

The one that got away

Slowly and surely you made your way into my heart. I was sitting in the library when suddenly you apporached me. A really good looking guy with two cute little moles under your eye. The smile that you gave me took my breath away and just like that i was hooked. You would show up to that same table every monday and you would smile and blush whenever we made eyecontact. 

But how could that be possible? I told myself that i needed time and space. I had just broken up with my first love and now you came along. You were way out of my league and I could never hope to be by yourside but I was naieve. Why couldnt i have nice things? Did i not deserve to be happy again as well? You got the courage to talk to me and I decided to let you in a little. I still had my walls up and I kept them that way just to be safe. 

We went to the movies and during one of the scences you turned your head and slowly inched forward. We shared our first kiss. It was magical to say the least. I was hooked on you and you knew it. We later met up again when you brought me in n out in the middle of the night. I remember we sat in your car eating and you leaned in for a kiss while i had a fry in my mouth. silly you . I was happy just being in that moment. And then you asked me out. I was skeptical at first but i agreed. I made you promise not to hurt me but little did i know that you would end up breaking it. 

Slowly but surely you seemed to get tired of me and i let down my guard just to keep you by myside but to you that wasnt enough. 

I fought with my parents and everyone just to be with you. But it wasnt enough. 

I changed my appearnace and myself esteem whent downt the drain. But it wasnt enough. 

I grew tierd of hating myself and I said so in a txt. But you felt like it was to tedious to resposnd. 

I came to realize that YOU werent enough and that i had fallen again for someone who didnt deserve it. I should have learedn to love myself before i let anyone in. 

I am beatuful and you turned me into something that was nowhere near that.

You made me ugly and made me hate life by thinking i wasnt good enought. But it was you who wasnt good enough for me. 

And so im now standing infront of you while you look at me with remorsful eyes. We both became what we wanted to be in life. but theres a diffrence.

Im happy and youre not.

And as I walk away i smille as i hear you say,

"youre the one who got away".