Phase 03

Mavericks: Pilot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Phase #03

Suga used to be a really distant person. He rarely talked, but when he did it was to speak his mind. To express his discontent or true feelings about something. And most of the boys, Jin, Rap Monster and V, felt pressured by the cold and frightening look in his dark orbs. Yet, he said he found it interesting when I tried to give him the same look. I was never intimidated by him or his doings. He might have joined gangs at the tender age of ten because of the need for money for his sister’s medicine, and due to his surroundings he build a strong character, but I was the only one who he couldn’t fool or threaten.

It was because of our help, and according to the boys mostly because of me, we got him out of that world.

We met when he was fourteen in January, South East. I was choosing a book from a thrifted local bookstore when I noticed him stealing fruit from a near showcase from me. When we met eyes, he grew rigid. No one had noticed him since the place was filled with people. I got a quick glimpse at his worn out shoes, dirty shirt and ripped jeans, his hair was a dirty mess, but his pale face was clean. That was the first time Suga glared at me, defying me to dare to open my mouth. Yet I gave him the same look, but I shook my head and drifted my eyes to the used books upon me.

Days later, I met him again late at night. When I wasn’t supposed to be walking around this unknown place, yet Jin was with me, making sure I didn’t get lost.

Suga was getting beaten by a group of older males, everyone around their twenties. And I heard multiple complains about him. I understood Suga was part of this. He was being punished for not doing his part properly. And I even heard the mention of his sister’s name, to which he exploded when they threaten him to touching her if he continues to be careless.

I turned my head to Jin and he guessed my thoughts when I pouted at him. He shook his head with worried big eyes. And I smiled widely when they noticed us near. Jin cursed out loud and I turned innocently to the ten gang members.

I had no idea if Suga had recognized me, but he mumbled to me to run. He might have since there I noticed him grew startled when we met eyes. He was lying in the floor with fresh opened wounds which shined in contrast of his pale face color.

Jin might not be the best fighter, he had to practice a lot with me to reach his current level, but thanks to him, we got rid of the ten males, which were lying unconscious after they had dare to challenge “the ant we can smash with eyes covered” and “the pretty boy”. I had fought with Chimeras faster than his group of males, besides even Jin was ten times better in fighting. Even they tried to use weapons against us, and luckily I was fast enough to snatch and disarmed them as Jin knocked them out. Just three of them dared to raise them.   

We took Suga with us, but he didn’t trust us at first as soon as he realized what we were. Even when Jin wasn’t a Hybrid, Suga seemed to despise him as much as the others. He even reassured us getting out of the gang he was involved with was no easy job. And I dare to challenged him I could do so.

With Namjoon’s help, I got enough information of the gang and even moved his sister to a safer place. I went through sleepless nights to build the perfect plan for them to get caught. And after a month I was able to do so. We got to see the news and all of them, especially Suga, were startled. His hate for us decreased as days passed by, and he got more comfortable with us when he realized our true intentions. We even got the proper medicine for his sister.

He told me he will be endlessly thankful to me. That day, when I had got him stealing, he confessed that apple was the first “meal” he got after three days of confinement for a careless act. And he committed the same mistake days later, when Jin and I found him.

As time passed by, I realized I was the only one he listened to. He followed my instructions almost immediately. And when the others asked him for favors, Suga asked for something in exchange. He was a lazy person after all. Yet he was willing to learn how to fight and how to use a proper weapon. I grew to realize his skills to build stuff and amazement for mechanical stuff, maybe that’s why he grew fond of the curious Jungkook.

After Suga, we met J-Hope. Around May, South East too. He was sixteen at that time and was seen frequently wandering at night, when he was searching for costumers. I didn’t know how did Suga recognized him since they met when little only, but he brought him to us. They attended the same school, different years, but Suga noticed him because he was a loud kid. After J-Hope dropped four years later, Suga never knew what happened with him. And he accepted the fact he didn’t care because they weren’t close.

He confessed his mother was a e. He wasn’t embarrassed by it. And as soon as she knew she was expecting, she did her best to have him. J-Hope grew around seeing her mother work. Even when she told him it wasn’t the best job ever, she still made the best of it. When he was eleven, his mother felt ill because of the virus. J-Hope passed the next two years taking care of her. And at the tender age of 13 and half, he started making a living the same way his mother did.

It was due to necessity. He saw the dark side of live at young age. Just as the majority of us. Like, Namjoon, Suga, Jungkook and me.

Jung Hoseok, who went by the name J-Hope, learnt about life in a hard way, yet he was cheerful and still loud. He didn’t care about out true identity. And he was thankful he didn’t need to sell himself anymore to survive.

He flirted around often. I admitted I liked his out-going personality, yet I confessed there were times I wanted to punch him so hard for being so erted. There were so many times he had tried something to happen between us, but, at that time, I had someone in my heart already. And he still does, but it’s to annoy either Jungkook or me.

March, six mon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter