Chapter.1

Assassins of Sorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter.1    

Hyungwon groaned upon hearing the most annoying sound in the world, his alarm clock. He rolled over, right off his bed and landed on the floor with a loud “thump.” 

“Ouch!” He winced in pain then lazily pushed himself up off the floor and into a sitting position. “Damn it” He mumbled sleepily while rubbing his eyes. He was certainly not an early riser, he wanted to sleep more but the rules of this place demanded him to wake up so early in the morning, at 5:30 am it was a brush up and shower time and once all children complete their wash, they all gather in the dining room to have breakfast which usually consisted of bread and a cup of fruit juice, if they were lucky enough for the day they will get cheese or butter as well. He was not found of the early routine in this orphanage but he had no room for complaints.


“People say good morning when they wake up! Not a ’damn it’” A boy with a red hair standing in front of the bedroom door exclaimed as he walked over to switch the alarm off before turning to look at Hyungwon who was starting to doze off again.


“Come on get up already, you’re late!!” The boy offered a hand and his sleepy friend grabbed it as he pushed himself to stand up.


“You don’t have to be loud, Jooheon” Hyungwon remarked while stretching out his arms. “I am up”


“Next time I am going to use cold water to wake you up” Jooheon while walking toward the door. “Get ready for the day, breakfast will be served in like 10 minutes..you know if you didn’t make it on time..then no breakfast for you.”


“I know Jooheon I know” Hyungwon sighed as he grabbed his clothes for the day and walked passed a frowning Jooheon and out of the room, heading to the bathroom.


Jooheon ruffled his hair out of frustration “He was banned from dinner yesterday.. he better hurry up”


❖❖❖


In the same orphanage but in another room, a handsome blond guy was holding a broken piece of a mirror while fixing his hair. He looked unsatisfied but the guy behind him was getting impatient.


“Wonho! I swear to God I will shatter what’s left of that mirror to little pieces if you don’t-“


“Damn it Kihyun! Ok ok I get it we have to hurry up before breakfast is served yes I know” Wonho took one last glance at his reflection before hiding the mirror under his pillow. “Okay lets go I am ready.”


Kihyun rolled his eyes. “Finally”


Wonho grinned cheekily before grabbing Kihyun’s arm and dragging him to the dining room. “The others are waiting come on!”


“Don’t say it like I was the reason for being late! I wasn’t the one looking at that freaking half mirror for hours!!”


“If you keep shouting and nagging all the time you’re going to get wrinkles at such a young age dear friend” Wonho laughed as he let go of his friend and ran downstairs.


Kihyun sighed and followed him. When they arrived at the dining room they spotted their friends and immediately strode over to where their friends sat.


“Good morning Wonho hyung and Kihyun hyung” Their friend greeted them as they sat down on the wooden chairs of the long rectangle dining table.


“Good morning baby Changkyun and good morning to you too Minhyuk” Wonho returned the greeting while ruffling the younger boy’s hair.


“Stop it hyung, “ The younger rolled his eyes, “I am not much younger than you. We’re only 2 years apart”


“You’re 14 years old, still a baby to me.” Wonho stated while grinning.


“But he’s more mature than you.” Kihyun remarked which earned him a half-hearted glare from Wonho.


“I concur.” Minhyuk beamed while high-fiving Kihyun.


“Really guys-“ Wonho was interrupted by the sound of the bell. All the other chattering in the room stopped as soon as the bell rang as well. It signaled that it was time for breakfast and no talking was allowed.


A woman in her late 30s entered the room, she was quite tall dressed in a gray wool ankle length dress, her dark chocolate hair was neatly tied up in a nice bun. She looked at all the 14 boys making sure everyone is present. After a satisfied smile and a nod of her head she asked for the food to be served. Everyone started to eat quietly after saying their prayer together because they knew so well how Ms. Hwang hated talking dur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter