It's okay

Wish I were you

He goes by the name Daehyun. The boy who has dimples on his cheeks that makes him a lot more feminine and a thin body to match the nickname given by most of his friends, . Every morning around 6am, Daehyun has to rush his way to class. Too early for schools to start, but it’s better than having judging eyes and whispers following his way to class every 9am in the morning.

This morning is not any different; the phone alarm that wake him up turns off exactly at 4.30am and then he wakes up, taking showers, breakfast, and then go to school. The journey from his crib to school takes only around 15 minutes by bus. But, “Morning’s air is really good to inhale, don’t you think?” was his answer when Jaebum, his best friend asked him why he got to wake up so early every morning.

Jaebum, one of the hot members of football team in his school, happen to be the ’s best friend since the elementary. Unlike other hotties of the high school, Jaebum is really nice and friendly to everyone.

People said that he and Youngjae, his girlfriend, made the best king and queen couple of the school. Both Jaebum and Youngjae are honestly very handsome and pretty, not to forget how friendly they are to the people around them. Daehyun are always thankful for having both the perfect Jaebum and Youngjae as his best friend. Whenever he is with both of them, they will always defend Daehyun.

There was one time when Youngjae and Daehyun had the time of them self, sitting around on the grass of school’s backyard when suddenly a group of freshman who passed them sent Daehyun weird glances and whispers of mockery. Youngjae who knew what’s going on quickly gave them a death glare which the freshman got and end up having them all heads low. Daehyun who noticed what happened quickly thanking the girl for what she did.

Though Daehyun was originally only Jaebum’s best friend, the whole relationship makes Youngjae automatically be Daehyun’s best friend, and Daehyun is glad that happened. Now that he noticed, he probably spent time more with Youngjae rather than him with Jaebum. Youngjae and Daehyun would always go and shop together, go do their homeworks together as they have some classes together, until the point that some of Youngjae’s friend had to say that Daehyun is like Youngjae’s gay best friend, which made Youngjae raged in offence.

It’s not only few times that Youngjae fight with Jaebum, and Daehyun will always be the middle man between the love birds. One day Youngjae will crash into Daehyun’s crib and cry her eyes out, falling asleep with Daehyun’s arms around her and wake up the next morning on his bed with warm, fluffy blanket protecting her petite body. Jaebum then will come to his house picking Youngjae up the next evening, making up and Daehyun will be out there in the kitchen enjoying the coffee he made for him self.

The next time Youngjae and Jaebum fight, it was 11pm at night and Daehyun was having the time of him self in his comfortable bathtub filled with warm bubbles he especially prepared as an award for him self on succeeding passing another day with no troubles. The relaxation he felt with bubbles sticking to his body was no kidding, he didn’t even realized that he fell asleep until a multiple rings from his bell woke him up.

In a speed of light he then dry him self, putting a towel around his waist and opening up his front door. Youngjae with ruined make up was sobbing, standing there looking lifeless. Daehyun was standing, jaw dropped at the sight before him. With no hesitation Youngjae then throw herself to the boy in front of her. Her arms were tight wrapped around him and he bury her face on his shoulder, crying her self out. The boy was taken aback at everything that happened so fast, and then he got knocked into his sense when he felt something wet trailing from his shoulder; it was Youngjae’s tears. Daehyun then wrapped his arms around her and soothingly patting the girl quiet, before pulling her inside the house and closing the door behind her.

He then lead the girl to the couch where she then cried there for the next two hours, refusing to let Daehyun out of her embrace. When she finally stopped crying, Daehyun then get up to get her a warm tea, promising that it will only take 3 minutes to make it. When he came back with warm honey tea on his hands, he found the girl fell asleep on the couch. Her body looks tired with how it slouched to a side, letting her head fell and the fringes blocked her closed eyes.

Daehyun smiled at the sight, he then put the cup of tea on the table just in front of her and sit next to her. His finger then approached the hair that blocking him to see her beautiful face, the face that he long to kiss for few years back. Smiling, Daehyun then gently moving the hair that blocks her face to see, afraid that it might wake the girl in front of him.

When her face was finally clear to see, Daehyun then letting out a soft sigh, a sigh of relieve and sadness both appeared in it. He watched the girl in front of him, inhaling and exhaling oxygen, doing the most basic thing every human do, how can it be so breath taking?

Studying to her eyes, the eyes that reminded him of almonds that he used to eat every evening during elementary. Her lips were slightly parted, the pink small lips that speak thousand words of how much he loves Daehyun, and how y Jaebum looks in the field.

Daehyun then chuckled softly at him self, “Right, I’m only the gay best friend of my hot bestfriend’s girlfriend.”

10 minutes passed and he didn’t even realized that he had been watching Youngjae sleep soundly like a creeper. Daehyun came to his sense and then he got up, bringing the cup of warm tea that now already gone cold.

Seconds after Daehyun left her side, the girl then slowly opening her eyes, a single tear dropped from her eyes. She heard everything.