Apart

Tears Fall Like Raindrops

As soon as the door shut behind Daehyun, silence fell over the small cell. Youngjae was sitting in the corner, scared for Daehyun and for himself. Daehyun wasn't there to protect him anymore, and Youngjae didn't think he'd ever felt so alone before. 

He started pressing himself further into the corner of the cell, trying to make himself as small as possible. Maybe, if he got small enough, he could disappear through the small cracks in the wall. 
'Now you're just sounding like a lunatic.' Youngjae thought. 
'What if Daehyun is not coming back?'
'No, he wouldn't leave me like that.' 
'But maybe he doesn't have a choice.' 
The thoughts kept intruding into Youngjae's mind, scenarios of Daehyun being tortured and killed playing on repay in his mind. 

"STOP!" He yelled. And the thoughts let go of his mind, leaving him sitting in his small corner, all alone again. And without him even knowing, the tears started rolling down his cheeks. 

He was scared. No, he was absolutely terrified. If those men came back for him, he wouldn't be able to fight back. Daehyun wasn't there to protect him and keep him safe in his arms. 

He needed Daehyun, now more than ever. 


When the door close behind Daehyun, a bag was immediately pulled over his head, making him unable to see his surroundings. He had to rely on the hands on his upper arms to guide him through the seemingly endless corridors. After walking for what seemed like forever, Daehyun heard the sound of a door opening, and closing after he had taken a few steps. 

"Put him here." A deep voice said. The hands on Daehyun's arms pulled him towards the sound of the voice, and soon, Daehyun found himself sitting in a chair. His wrists were tied to the armrests of the chair, while his legs were quickly tied to the legs of the chair, rendering him imobile.

The bag over his head was pulled of, the light from the outside world blinding Daehyun for a few seconds, before his eyes got used to the light again. 

He was sitting in a large room. The walls were grey and boring. The floor had the same color, except some concerning red marks here and there. Daehyun had a bad feeling of what it was. In the room with him were 3 people. He recognized them as the people who had taken him from the cell. The two bodyguards were standing by the door, looking like scary statues. But the apparent leader of the group was pacing around Daehyun, most likely trying to figure him out. 

"Let's play a little game." The man said, his voice calm and smooth, but with a hint of malice hidden underneath. Daehyun doesn't answer him. 

"I will ask you questions. You will answer me." The man said, but Daehyun just looked at the ground, not meeting the eyes of the man. 

"What is your name?" The man asked. Daehyun wondered if he should answer, but in the end, he didn't. 

"I see you still have a bit of rebellious nature left. Don't worry, we'll have that fixed soon." The man said. 
"I asked you, what is your name?" The man repeated. Daehyun held kept his staring contest with the floor going, refusing to answer, or even look at a the man. The man sighed. 

"Sir, if I may speak, I might have an idea." One of the men by the door spoke. It was the first time Daehyun had heard him speak. His voice was deep, not as smooth as the leader's voice. 

"Please, speak if you have something." 

"He came here with another boy. They seemed pretty close, don't you think?" The bodyguard asked. Daehyun froze, as he looked up at the leader for the first time. A sly smile was playing on his lips. 

"Ah, yes, I remember. Would you prefer him answering my questions instead? Or maybe it would be easier to torture both of you for them." The man said, fully aware that he had found Daehyun's weak spot. Daehyun sighed.

"My name is Jung Daehyun." He said, although it sounded more like a whisper.

-------------
An: Finally. I have been working on this chapter for days, writing and deleting the things that I had written. I'm still not completely satisfied with this, but I hope that you guys won't hate me for putting this up. Thank you to all the people who have subscribed to me. If you're new, please also subscribe, vote and comment❤️