Love story across millenium

The Prince And The Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A true knight is the one that able to reach each other’s by just exchanging the blow of their very sword without having to tell any unspoken word.

 

Xi -Lu gulped as his own sword merely dug his neck skin. At this moment, he fully aware that the prince could cut his head from his body by any time, and he just waited for his own fate to take him, eyes closed in defeated. If he were to be died, he will die in dignity regardless, that was what his mind told him. But to his surprise, instead of just slicing him, Suho pointed back the light blue sword toward himself, with his beautiful eyes appeared seeking something in his, as if entrusting his all everything – his own life.

“ If I do likes this, what will you do, Xi- Lu?” the prince asked, testing his enemy credible. There was no one bit of trembling in his voice, as calm as night sea breeze it was. “I truly believe you will always make a wise judgement, Xi- Lu, don’t you? You are after all the most noble light blue dragon, the one who still hold dear the pride of being a knight…”

Xi- Lu started to loose his grip on his light blue sword,” The moment you pointed the sword into my neck, I know I’ve completely lost the match…now, I don’t want to lost my dignity by slashing your head…” he answered before completely retrieved his arm to his own body, this time, he was unarm, not bother to get back his own sword which still being hold by the his opponent. And, without trembling, he kneeled down before the prince, his head bowed in respect. “ Your highness, just take me by my own sword if that can pay the damage I’ve done…I am more willing to take the punishment…” his firm words remained unchanged, no stuttering in it, a real warrior he was.

“If the sword took another life without justice in it, then it will lose its light…Sword whose light was loss has no meaning, purposeless existence, as good as being in the dark…” Prince Suho melancholily stated his words.

“So, what will you do to me then Your highness? I am already lose my purpose of existence the moment I took the innocent lifes….”

“Your answer is all I need to hear…”

“What do you mean by that?”

“The moment you admitted your defeat and willingness of yours to take the punishment, I know your worthy as a knight- a true knight you are. Hearing that reply coming from you alone is enough for me to make up my judgement, and hence, I give you all of my forgiveness in this world..” The prince took the sword off from Xi- lu neck, as a sign of proof of what he already said a moment ago.

Hearing the prince words ignited Xi- Lu’s realisation hard- the light silver dragon really wanted to testify him, and at the same time, trust his own life to him without any doubt in his judgement – a testament of a wise and noble prince he is, no actually, an innate ability of a leader he is. Xi- Lu, for being the luckiest person that day, should be grateful, but even then, he still felt embarrassed, and as ashamed as he felt, he unknowingly retorted, “Your highness, I’m not worthy for your forgiveness…”

“Sword is a virtue of every knight. I am a knight myself, I really love to consider myself as that rather than merely a prince. I don’t want to lose my virtue by spilling blood from another noble knight. I hope my answer will put you at ease, and hence forth, please forgive yourself, Xi- Lu, the light blue dragon knight..”. Suho hold Xi-Lu’s sword high on the air, admiring the fineness of art in every part of light blue sword. “Besides, I believed that your sword already regain back its light after hearing wise words from its beholder…sword might appear to be lifeless, but each and every one of them has soul, don’t you think so, Xi -lu?” Suho query the knight, and at the end of his sentences, in the darkness the light blue sword shone brighter, likes a diamond, as if trying to nod in agreement. “Beautiful…” suho murmured in admiration.

 

Lifeless creature doesn’t mean to be soulless…

Life who bear soul doesn’t mean to be alive….

 

In the short moment of encounter, the prince taught him one aspect of life that tend to be taken lightly….and it was worth so many aspects of life.

“Beautiful…” Xi- Lu heard the word, and from his crouch position, looked up to the prince who still immersed with the masterpiece he held…the prince, little that he knew there was another pair of eyes that couldn’t tear off him…little that he knew, he himself was a masterpiece. Yes, the light blue sword was beautiful, but nothing was more beautiful than the one who is currently holding it. Nothing was brighter than the sparkling eyes of admiration that looked into the sword himself. Under the light of the light blue sword, Prince Suho stood, shone brighter than any diamond, in Xi- Lu’s eyes, that he found his heart trembled by the mere sight of the prince.

 

To be strong does not mean that you have to be harsh

Being kind does not mean that you’re weak either

That because you’re formidably strong that you’re able to be kind, even toward your enemy…

 

Indeed, Prince Suho was the most beautiful and strongest Light silver dragon in all definition in history of Wallanchia.

“This beautiful sword still need it’s beholder…It would be waste if I slaughtered you here…” Prince Suho whispered, while holding the sword horizontally just above from Xi- Lu’s head, his hands at the both end of the sword. Never Xi- Lu expected the prince would ever kneel down just to hand back his sword, nor in the most honourable and respectful manner, provided that he did not deserved any of those, for him, the most ungraceful creature he thought of himself.

Xi- Lu looked deep into Prince Suho’s eyes, there was softness mixed with warmness in that black sparkling orb. He just let the prince did the talk all this while, because he really was at the state of having ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter