Two

Say You Won't Let Go

Everybody was laughing and happily conversing with one another except for two people. That’s our Jungkook and Chaeyoung of course, who chose to ignore each other and act like they don’t exist to each other.

 

“Jungkook, don’t you think it’s rude to ignore a fellow classmen?” Taehyung asked in a playful tone as he turned around to look at the silent couple that was sitting behind them. He’s currently sitting with Lisa.

 

“What kind of manipulating did you do again to make this happen?” Jungkook asked, completely ignoring the blonde girl that was sitting next to him.

 

Luckily she didn’t hear their conversation since she’s listening to music with her headphones or else they’ll bicker like a married couple again.

 

“I didn’t do anything this time I swear. I guess you guys were just destined to be together all along!” Taehyung teased and his other friends laughed as well.

 

Jungkook just sighed and closed his eyes. Oh how can this guy get worse than it already is? He thought.

 

And yup, the universe heard his wish again because when he woke up from a deep sleep, he was confronted by an also deep sleeping Chaeyoung, whose face was literally inches away from his.

 

He almost screamed when he saw what was going on but he took a good look around the airplane and realized that pretty much everybody was taking a nap. So he just decided to gently push her away, even though he obviously didn’t like her very much.

 

Unknowingly, he took a good look of her face, not knowing how a girl that looks so angelic and cute while sle- Wait, did he just describe her as angelic and cute? Well moving on!

 

‘Hey, I know that our Chaeyoungie is very cute and beautiful but you don’t need to stare at her like that!”

 

Suddenly, he heard a whisper from his left. It turned out to be Jennie, who also just woke up from her nap.

 

Jungkook became flustered all of a sudden as he straightened himself up in his seat, all while he’s covering his face in embarrassment.

 

Why did you even bother look at that devil? He thought to himself as his heart started to beat irregularly fast.

 

Why am I feeling this way? I’m supposed to be hateful of that devilish of a girl! He thought as he clutched his shirt, not knowing why he’s feeling this way all of a sudden.

 

But before his thoughts could lead him to a different place, a flight attendant suddenly spoke through the intercom.

 

“Korean Air, Flight 20, bound for Jeju International Airport will land in 10 minutes, please make sure that your seat belt is fasten”

 

And that announcement sure woke everyone up, even that “devil” girl that was sitting next to Jungkook. Obviously not aware of what happened just now.

 

-

 

“Wah, it’s so nice and warm here!” Jisoo exclaimed as they walked out of the airport, her friends agreeing with her.

 

“It feels like I’m in another country!” Namjoon said in English, causing the boys to look at him in confusion.

 

“What the hell did he just say?” Jimin asked

 

“He just asked us why you are so short.” Jungkook replied causing everyone in the group to laugh.

 

Suddenly, a tour bus greeted them in front of the airport and before they entered the bus, the class president had to say something.

 

“Okay, so we will be going to different places in Jeju today and you all will be divided into pairs. Hopefully, you all know who you sat with in the airplane because he or she is gonna be your partner for the day.”

 

Some were pretty shocked with that announcement but mostly everyone was alright with it. Except for of course, the eternal enemies, Jungkook and Chaeyoung.

 

The two were pretty shocked with this new development. At this point, both of them started getting suspicious, why are they always being paired together? First, sitting next together in the airplane and now this?

 

There must be something going on.

 

And before either of them could complain about the decision by the class president, everyone hurriedly tried to get on the bus. They just looked at each other in disgust before getting on the bus as well.

 

Their first stop was the famous Teddy Bear Museum, which is a very popular filming location in movies and dramas.

 

“Wah, look at those teddy bears, they look so cute!” Chaeyoung exclaimed as they toured around the museum.

 

Jungkook on the other hand wasn’t exactly fond of teddy bears so it was basically just like a parent watching his little kid excited about stuffed animals.

 

With no choice, he basically had to follow Chaeyoung as she excitedly wandered around the museum. Is this his punishment for accidentally staring at her chubby but cute face for too long?

 

“Chaeyoung-ah wait, I’m tired.” Jungkook pleaded as he tried to catch up his breath.

 

“Come on, grandpa, we’ve only explored half of the museum!” Chaeyoung exclaimed as she grabbed Jungkook’s hand and basically dragged him anywhere she wanted to go.

 

Jungkook’s heart started to beat irregularly again. It’s beating so fast, it looks like it’s going to explode out of his chest.

 

Today has been a very weird day for Jungkook. What did he eat for breakfast for him to act strangely like this? He has never ever been attracted to Chaeyoung, even in a friendly way so why is his heart acting like this all of a sudden?

 

And most of all, why is the “devil” girl suddenly so nice to him when it definitely looked like she was going to rip out all of his hair a few hours ago because she had to sit beside him?

 

The universe is surely planning something big and it’s clear that he’s the only one out of the loop. Just what the hell is going on? Little did he know that the girl was just as confused as he is. She doesn’t even know that they’re holding hands!

 

Everyone noticed too, Jungkook’s friends mostly as they were amazed by the sight. I mean, the two people who hate each other the most is holding hands? This is a rare moment.

 

-

 

They went to more places that day of course but the highlight of the day is when they went to Hamdeok Beach as their last stop. The view was absolutely breathtaking especially since hues of orange can be seen in the horizon as the sun is about to give way to millions of stars in the night sky.

 

At the end of the day, Jungkook can definitely say that the trip is going pretty okay so far since he hasn’t argued much with the “devil” girl today.

 

But there’s still one more thing that’s bothering him.

 

He gazes at the night stars that’s about to make their grand entrance in the sky and then to the girl beside him, whose eyes shines brighter than any star out there.

 

“Chaeyoung.” He softly called.

 

“Yes?” The blondie replied.

 

“I just wanna say thank you for today.” He replied.

 

“I was gonna say that too, since we haven’t said any mean stuff to each other for the first time in a long time.” Chaeyoung smiled genuinely, she smiled so bright that she can light up this whole beach.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah.” He called again and before she can respond, he took a step towards her and leaned in for a soft kiss on her lips.

 

A normal reaction from Chaeyoung would’ve included a hard slap to the face and some degrading curse coming out of but this day has been very weird for her as well.

 

The kiss lasted for about a second or two and when Jungkook pulled away, Chaeyoung’s face was burning red. Her pupils growing larger than before.

 

“D-Did you just-“

 

“I like you Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“What-“

 

“I’ve liked you since our freshman year, I just never really had the chance to say it since I was intimidated by your beauty. You don’t know how many times I tried to approach you and try to talk to you but my nervousness would always get ahead of me.”

 

“Yah, how can you like me when all you do is piss me off every day?”

 

“Then one day I figured out that the only way to be close to you is to annoy you, be mean to you, and act like I don’t give a single damn about you. But you know what, it hurts me every day because I know that you won’t ever like me that way. I waited for four years for this moment. I repeated the exact words I was gonna say to you in my mind every day.”

 

By this time, Jungkook’s face was burning red too. Chaeyoung, on the other hand couldn’t believe at what’s coming out of his “eternal enemy’s” mouth, wide open in shock and embarrassment.

 

“You dummy”

 

“I just confessed my feelings for you and all you can do is say dummy?”

 

“I like you too. I was actually gonna try to be friends with you our freshman year but you’ve been trying to annoy me every day before I could even do that” Chaeyoung fiddled with her fingers as she slowly tipped her toes and slowly bring her lips closer to his.

 

It’s a deeper kiss this time as she wraps her arms around his neck and as he wraps her arms around her waist.

 

They pulled away a few seconds later to regain their breath, only to see that their friends are looking at them.

 

“We did it!” Taehyung screamed and everybody jumped around in celebration.

 

The new couple looked at them in shock.

 

“W-what’s going on?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Well we all decided that we were sick of your daily arguments so we decided to hook you up together and it worked!” Lisa explained.

 

“You guys sitting together in the plane, we planned it! You guys becoming partners, we planned it too! We even convinced Mino, the class president to be part of the action as well!” Yoongi added and that just left them even more in shock.

 

“We hope you two don’t argue anymore ok?” Namjoon added and everyone laugh in agreement.

 

The new couple laughed along and nodded their heads, kissing each other in the lips again to annoy everyone.

 

Jungkook smiled happily as he looked at his girlfriend. I guess this Jeju Island trips isn't gonna be so bad after all. He thought.


okay guys how was this for my first fanfic? i know it might not be as good as some of you might expect but trust me, i'm working on my skills and I'll definitely get better next time. till then let's all help each other make the rosekook ship sail!~