One

Say You Won't Let Go

It was no surprise to anyone who knew Jungkook and Chaeyoung that they hated each other to the moon and back. They’ve hated each other for so long that nobody really knew the reason why. It was just like one of those “who came first: the chicken or the egg?” situations. Nobody knew the answer and nobody bothered to actually figure out the answer either. They fight and bicker almost every day and if you’re friends with them, then you’re lucky to see a front-row seat to see those two loudmouths bicker about almost everything you can think of.

 

It doesn’t help that they go to the same school either, and thanks to Taehyung’s constant pleading to the school counselor, they were given the same schedule for the rest of the school year.

 

“How was your biology class, Kookie? Did you fight with your wife again?” Taehyung asked with an obvious teasing tone in his voice, causing the whole table to burst in laughter. Who else is in that table, you ask? His other friends of course. Jimin, the shortest one in the group. Namjoon, the smartest one. And Yoongi the coldest one.

 

“Do you really wanna die today?” Jungkook threatened, raising his chopsticks to the older blonde male.

 

“Ooh, you’re even acting like her now!” Jimin added while chewing a kimbap in and the others laughed

 

The “wife” is also eating her lunch, on the far side of the cafeteria of course, because if she even get a glimpse of his face, World War 3 is going to happen.

 

“Yah, what did that poor chicken do to deserve a beating like that?” A maroon-haired woman asked as she saw Chaeyoung munching down on a piece of fried chicken as if it’s escaping from her grasp

 

“Jeon Jungkook. I’m really gonna kill that bastard!” Chaeyoung’s face was turning red as she continued on beating up that poor chicken

 

“What’d you guys argue about this time? It seems like y’all are arguing about a different thing every single day.” The blonde Thai who goes by the name of Lisa replied while scrolling through her phone

 

“He probably stole her favorite drink again.” The maroon-haired woman, Jisoo replied.

 

“Or maybe because she got rejected by him and she couldn’t accept the fact.” Jennie winked, causing the others to laugh.

 

“Yah!” Chaeyoung yelled, causing the whole room to turn their attention to her, even our Jungkook who was way across the cafeteria.

 

But before anyone could respond, the intercom bell rang, proceeded by an elderly woman speaking.

 

“This year’s senior class end of the year trip will be to Jeju Island. Please prepare enough baggage to last you for two weeks. Have fun and enjoy your trip!”

 

Oh yeah, our two protagonists are seniors, because why not? It’s the most stressful year in high school!

 

All the seniors in the room celebrated, very excited by the announcement. Jungkook and the boys were excited too, they even danced on the table, causing all the girls in the room, to lose their freaking minds and scream like the fangirls that they are.

 

“Yah look at them. They look like a bunch of gorillas that just got out of the zoo.” Chaeyoung looked at them in disgust.

 

“How dare you say that?! They’re like the hottest guys here.” Jennie looked at the boys with dreamy eyes, causing the other girls to look at her in disbelief

 

“Well I guess I’ll have to go first. I have to pack up my things.” Lisa couldn’t stand a single second of this crap anymore so she decided to leave.

 

“Oh shoot! I forgot about the trip tomorrow.” Jisoo added and also left the table.

 

“Well let’s all just text each other when we reach the airport, okay guys?” Jennie smiled before also catching up with the rest of the girls.

 

Yes, they’re all very rich people so they can afford things like that. (Well they’re rich in real life anyways aren’t they?)

 

_

 

Jennie was listening to music in her bed when she suddenly heard her phone beep. A text message was received.

 

“Hey this is Kim Jennie’s phone number right?” The text message read and Jennie looked very confused and scared at the same time. Who else knew about her number? Did she accidentally tell her number to anyone?

 

“Yes, who is this?” She nervously replied as she waited for every second. Good thing, this person was a fast replier so she didn’t have to wait that long for her answer.

 

“This is Kim Namjoon, I got your number from Mino. He’s a close friend of mine.” The text read and Jennie sighed in relief. Who knew what it could have been? A stalker?

 

She was still confused though. Why would he text her especially when they don’t even talk to each other in person? He’s surely up to something and we’ll find out soon!

 

J –“Yes, I heard that you’re a good rapper and dancer~ what can I do for you?”

 

N –“Thanks, you’re a good rapper too, I heard. Anyways can I ask you a favor?”

 

J-“Sure what is it?”

 

N-“Make Jungkook and Chaeyoung fall in love with each other.”

 

Jennie’s jaws dropped to the floor. How is she supposed to respond to that? Why is Kim Namjoon, a guy who barely talks to her, suddenly asking her to perform such a difficult task? It’s like trying to light a match in the middle of a storm. Everyone knows how those two are mortal enemies, how can they fall in love with each other?

 

J-“Are you crazy? Those two fight like Tom and Jerry!”

 

N-“Yeah I know that makes it even more fun right? Come on it’s our last year! Me and the boys will help you out. You can ask your friends too. Just keep it a secret from those two ok?”

 

J-“So you basically want something to happen those two at our trip to Jeju Island?”

 

N-“Exactly!”

 

J-“Like what?”

 

N-“Like something that will make them realize that they actually like each other!”

 

J-“You know that’s basically next to impossible right?”

 

N-“Yeah but that’s what makes this interesting!”

 

J-“Is that the only reason why you’re doing this?”

 

N-“Yes because I want this year to end off in a good note.”

 

J-“Okay, you can count us in! I think the girls will actually like this idea. All she talks about when we meet is what Jungkook did or told her. It’s kinda like she’s obsessed with him lol. ”

 

N-“Alright, text me when y’all got a solid plan. I’ll text you ours too.”

 

J-“Omg! Now that I think about it, they actually look good together!”

 

But before Namjoon could reply to that text massage, Taehyung snatched the phone away from his hand and read their conversation.

 

“Hyung I told you to tell her about our plan, not lowkey flirt with her.” Taehyung shaked his head as he scrolled through our messages.

 

“How is that lowkey flirting?” Namjoon replied, snatching his phone back.

 

“You were basically grinning like a fool the whole time” Jimin added as he sat on the couch and the TV. Yes they live in the same place.

 

“I can tell that she’s into you just by reading your conversations.” Taehyung assured him as he grabbed the remote controller from Jimin and scrolled through the channels.

 

“Yet you can’t even get a girlfriend?” Yoongi replied with his famous smirk as he sat down next to him.

 

“Ooh that was too savage.” Namjoon and the others laughed.

 

“That was too mean!” Taehyung pouted

 

-

 

The day of the trip started out spectacularly, the sun was shining very bright. It was the first day of spring and everybody wanted to enjoy this time of the year. All the boys were laughing and talking to each other as they waited to board their flight in the airport.

 

“Hey guys did you all get your tickets already?” The class president, Song Mino announced.

 

“Yes!” Everybody replied in unison.

 

Then he scanned the place and realized that one person is missing.

 

“Where is miss Park Chaeyoung?” He asked as he looked around the place.

 

Her friends didn’t know where her whereabouts are too.

 

“Yah Pasta, where u at? Mino oppa is looking for you!” Jisoo texted hurriedly as she looked at Jennie and Lisa worriedly.

 

Meanhwile, our Jungkook is lowkey smiling. “Finally two weeks without her! I can finally get some rest.” He thought to himself, isn’t that amazing? We now what he’s thinking!

 

Then, as if the universe heard his wish, there she was running to them with her luggage.

 

“I’m sorry, I was late. My alarm wasn’t functioning properly.” She quickly bowed to the class president as she tried to catch her breath.

 

Jungkook didn’t bother to hide the fact that he’s very shocked with the sudden turn of events. And just when he thought that he’ll spend two weeks without seeing that girl’s face…. Poor Kookie.

 

The students chatted a few more minutes until it was actually time to board the plane. Everybody was really excited for the trip. Jungkook too, but not as much as he would be since his worst nightmare also made it.

 

“Yay, you made it Rosie!” Lisa cheered and Chaeyoung just smiled at her as they enter the plane with their friends.

 

Everyone quickly looked for their seats and Jungkook who was the very first one to enter the plane quickly found his seat and sat there as fast as he can. He decided to sit on the far side of the seat since there’s room for two people. For the meantime, he decided to look at the other planes who were taking off and of course, the bright sun that sat high in the sky.

 

Just then, Chaeyoung was also looking for her seat as well and unbeknownst to her, her seat was actually next to Jungkook.

 

And of course, every time those two interacted with each other, it’s like a volcanic eruption.

 

“Yah, this is my seat, get out!” Chaeyoung yelled

 

“Are you dumb? Look my seat number is 45A and it clearly says that on the overhead storage!” Jungkook fired back.

 

That made Chaeyoung look at her ticket and she gasped seeing the seat number.

 

It was 45B.

 

Those that witnessed this happening couldn’t believe what was going on as well. It was like something that you would only see in a Korean drama.

 

What are the odds? The two people that absolutely hate each other to the moon and back are actually going to sit next to each other?

 

In desperation, she asked a flight attendant if she can move to another seat.

 

“I’m sorry but this flight is full already. You can, however, ask someone to switch places with you.”

 

She then turned around to her friends and asked them to switch with her and of course, they all said no, shaking their heads as they looked at her teasingly. Jungkook on the other hand, was freaking out. How could this devil be sitting next to him? His friends weren’t helping with this situation either as they just ignored him.

 

“Yah, stop this drama already would you?” The class president, Song Mino complained and soon the plane took off to Jeju Island.

 

Jungkook exhaled deeply. This is going to be one hell of a trip. He thought.