Final.

You or Flying? For me, it's You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun delighted in the familiar sound of the wheels of his bright blue carry-on bag behind him as he made his way to the bathroom before getting onto Flight 61. It’s quieter in the bathroom, as he’s away from the crowded bustling of the airport at five in the morning. He had to be at gate B6  by five thirty so that the plane could leave at six. He moved himself in front of one of the sinks and looked at himself in the mirror. Honey-brown hair styled to perfection? Check. Just the slightest amount of black eyeliner lining his eyes? Check. A swipe of lip gloss for a little glimmer on his lips? Check. Baekhyun looked stunning, that was for sure. He brushed down his flight attendant uniform: navy pants, a pressed, white button down shirt with navy vest on top, as well as red scarf tied around his neck, and swiftly turned to leave after flashing a satisfied smile at the mirror.  

 

He went back out into the airport, stopping at the first Starbucks kiosk he saw and getting in line once he noticed he still had time before he had to board the plane. He ordered two cappuccinos and waited, smiling at the barista once his name was called. Baekhyun placed the drink in one of the holders they had, then continued on his way to gate B6. 

 

“Hello,” he greeted the concierge. He set down the drinks and showed her his ticket as well as his I.D, then carefully strutted his way into the plane after a quick glance at the passengers. The captain wasn’t there yet, he noticed, but his fellow flight attendant and friend, Jongdae, was arranging the beverages in the back of the plane. He eyed the coffee in Baekhyun’s hand with a knowing smile. 

 

“Hmm, I guess that coffee isn’t for your best friend, is it?”

 

“Nope,” Baekhyun said with a wink. He proceeded to help Jongdae, making sure the apple juice and white wine was stocked up and that the peanuts and pretzels were all in order.  At the sound of a certain deep voice, Baekhyun stood up quickly, reaching for one of the coffees and walking towards the front of the plane. 

 

“Captain Park!” Baekhyun exclaimed. 

 

“Mr. Byun?” The captain replied. 

 

Baekhyun involuntarily flushed red. Captain Park Chanyeol turned towards him, his pilot cap hiding his pushed back black hair, and Baekhyun shamelessly raked his eyes over him. He always looked good in his suit. 

 

Watching from afar, Jongdae shook his head and the co-pilot, Sehun, standing besides Chanyeol chuckled. 

 

Captain Park coughed, “Mr. Byun?” he repeated himself. Baekhyun broke himself out of the trance and smiled brightly up at him. 

 

“I got you coffee—just the way you like it.” He managed a cool wink as he pushed the Starbucks cup towards him, breathing the slightest sigh of relief when Chanyeol accepted it. 

 

“…Thank you, Mr.Byun.” 

 

“Oh please, Captain Park! We’ve been on enough plane rides together now! Call me Baekhyun!” He tried his hardest to sustain the bright smile on his face, the one known for making men drop down on their knees. Of course, Captain Park seemed to be an especially hard fish to catch, but from what Baekhyun could see, he was worth every try. 

 

“…Right. Well then, Baekhyun, thank you.” He turned towards the cockpit of the plane and sat down, flicking switches up and down, beginning to make sure everything was in order. Sehun followed him. 

 

Baekhyun turned around with a huff. Ever since the first time Baekhyun had seen Chanyeol he’d been head over heels for him. Since then, he’d made sure that he kept being on the same flights as him. But Park Chanyeol, whether from obliviousness or just disinterest (which just couldn’t be possible) hadn’t picked up on the not so subtle flirting Baekhyun had been using. Jongdae loved to laugh at him for it, telling him that he acted like Chanyeol’s little puppy, just waiting for his attention. 

 

Never mind that, Baekhyun thought. He had work to do now. That’s what he had to focus on. He wore his best smile as he greeted the passengers, “Hello, welcome to EXO airlines.” It took about thirty minutes to get everyone seated, as well as have everyone’s carry-on baggage in the overhead. There was only one problematic flyer, a young lady who was on her phone and took too long to move down the line, but one signature smile from Baekhyun and the problem was solved. Today, Baekhyun took up the job of walking everyone through the plane safety procedures. It was a simple speech that he’d given thousands and thousands of times, and though there was a video that went along with it, more people seemed to listen when he or one of the other flight attendants spoke. 

 

“Hello, ladies and gentlemen. As you well may know, before we continue on our flight in a few minutes, we need to go through the safety procedures, so everyone knows what to do in the event of an emergency. First off, please make sure that all your carry on items are in the overhead bin, and that your smaller bags are under the seat in front of you. At this time we’ll also ask you to turn all of your phones, computers, or any other electrical devices off. When it is okay to use them again, we’ll let you know. 

 

“If you’re sitting near the one of the emergency exits, please make sure that you don’t recline your seat. To fasten your seatbelt, insert the metal tip into the buckle and adjust by pulling the strap so that it’s low and tight—but not uncomfortable, on your lap..” Baekhyun held up the seat belt and went through the motions: first the securing the buckle and then tightening the strap. To take the seatbelt off, all you have to do is lift up the top of the buckle.” Once again, he lifted up the seat belt and undid it, the seatbelt unclasping itself with a loud click. “Please, please do not take your seatbelt off for any purpose. It is only when the seatbelt shaped light above you turns off that you may remove it—although we encourage you to keep it on just in case we experience any unexpected turbulence. Keep in mind to abide by the other signs around the plane, especially the ‘no smoking’ rule. All exits are clearly marked, six doors in total, in the front, middle, and back of the plane that contain inflatable slides for an emergency, which can be unattached from the aircraft and used as a raft. Please take a moment to locate these exits around you.”

 

“Now, it is highly unlikely, but if we do find the cabin to have a change in air pressure, a mask will automatically pop down in front of you. To put it on, reach for the mask and pull it toward you complete until the tube is fully extended, then simply place the mask over your nose and mouth, and slip the elastic over your head and adjust the mask if you feel necessary.” At this point, Baekhyun used one of the masks in his hand to demonstrate the procedure with finesse, before taking it off again to continue. “Remember to secure your own mask first before assisting anyone around you who may need help in putting theirs on”. 

 

“In case of a water evacuation, you can find the life vests under your seats.” Baekhyun takes out a folded life vest he’d placed behind him, acting out the motions as he talked about them. “Open the life vest and place your head through the hole. Fasten it using the two straps in the front and to inflate, just pull on the red tabs found at the bottom of the life vest. If that doesn’t work, manually inflate it by blowing into the tubes. Lights on the life vest will turn on automatically when in water. Keep in mind that all seat cushions can be used as flotation devices too. Now that we’ll be leaving soon, once again, make sure your seat is up and all your bags are properly put away. My name is Baekhyun and in the back is Jongdae, and as we do our final safety check, feel free to ask us any questions you may have. Finally, we hope you enjoy your flight on EXO airlines.” 

 

He along with Jongdae went up and down the aisles once, urging everyone to turn off their cell phones. Once the area was cleared, Baekhyun went back to the front of the plane. 

 

“Captain Park, they’re all clear.” 

 

“Thank you, Mr. Byun.”

 

Baekhyun’s left eye gave the slightest twitch, but he ignored the bitterness that tried to seep into his chest and let out the brightest laugh he could muster, “Baekhyun! Call me Baekhyun!” He stayed at his place at the top of the plane, where he tended to take care of the first class flyers. A minute later Chanyeol’s voice came on over the intercom. 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, sorry for the wait. My name is Park Chanyeol and I’ll be your captain for this flight to Manila. It is currently sixty four degrees fahrenheit outside, the time is 6:07 and we'll be lifting off in the next few minutes. I’ll do my best to make this an enjoyable flight on EXO airlines, thank you.” 

 

In the back of Baekhyun’s mind, he screamed about how attractive Chanyeol’s voice sounded, and sat down in a seat and buckled his seatbelt for lift off. The plane rumbled along the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter