Final

Friday evening

19 December 2017

There is a myth, that Cynthiana made up, that sitting in a cafe on Friday evening while reading a harry potter book could attract a super attractive guy to sit in front of you in his grey dress shirt holding a cup of americano- typical, Cynthiana thoughts as she secretly peeks from her book (the attractive guy in grey dress shirt notice the way the petite lady in front of him peeking from her book, though.)

“Is it okay if I sit here?” He said, not bothering to wait for the lady who has her hair in a ponytail to answer his question.

Cynthiana put down her book, not forgetting to put her finger in the middle of the pages, though. The yule ball is happening there is no way she skips reading that part just because she got distracted by this ugh so handsome guy.

“Didn’t remember I said yes to that question,” she glares at the man, hoping her glares would cover up the fact that she is hundred percent glad that he choose to sit in front of her, because please harry potter book, a piece of her favorite chocolate cake, plus this attractive guy who pulls off that damn grey dress shirt so well would make her damn whole week, she suddenly forget the fact that she have a hellish day at work this afternoon.

The guy, the ing attractive guy, dare to laughs at Cynthiana’s sassy statement.

“You wouldn’t say no to me,” he smirked a bit, “Noone would say no to me.”

Okay, handsome face and cocky personality what a typical guy, draco malfoy wouldn’t do her like this (Honestly, he wouldn’t do her nice too, though. But at least he cold so there would be a chance he will just sit silently and let her watch his attractive face in silence.)

Cynthiana rolled her eyes and hisses, “Oh, the audacity,”

The gray dress shirted guy just smiled and take a sip from his coffee before raising his eyebrow, “Harry potter? A geek, I see.”

Cynthiana doesn’t even bother to talk back because yeah, she is a geek, so what?

“Which part were you reading, anyway?” he asked again

Cynthiana watches his expression for a moment before answering to the question, “Yale ball.”

For a moment she thought the guy actually knows what he is asking because he nodded his head as if saying ‘ah, yeah, that part! I like it too!’ but in a split of a second he just chuckled and said, “Right, I don’t know which part that is, I don’t do reading.”

Cynthiana has a strong urge to bang her face to the table but she holds her desire in order to keep her dignity and her chocolate cake in place.

“Anyway, I always wonder, is there’s some passionate lovemaking in harry potter?”

“No.”

“Tch, disappointing.”

 

 

 

19 December 2018.

Cynthiana still believes a myth that sitting in a cafe on Friday evening while reading a harry potter book could attract a super attractive guy in a gray dress shirt to sit in front of you.

“Babe, I'm sorry I'm late,” the guy said after placing a quick kiss on Cynthian’s cheek.

The girl put down her book, again, not forgetting to put her finger in between the pages to mark the page.

A pout appeared on her face, she is not a type to act cute but sometimes she just accidentally does especially in front of her hot boyfriend.

“You always have to disturb me in the middle of Yale ball, bene. Get a better job rather than disturbing my reading time.” She snarks, making the bene guy laughed.

“Sorry, then, my little gee- I meant, my little princess,” he ruffled his girlfriend’s hair that she let loose, falling on top of her shoulders.

Cynthiana chuckled at the memories of a year ago, where she acts all cold to the guy who is stealing a spoonful of her chocolate cake right in front of her. Never did she thought the guy who asked whether there is a passionate love happened in harry potter would leave his number and she is glad she finally decide to call him after a week no excuse or anything, she just straight up asked him to company her to read book in the same cafe, from there a Friday evening meeting become a tradition to them, a new book every week.

If you asked when they got together, Cynthiana honestly doesn't remember that much, it's probably that time when she is enthusiastically talked about sherlock holmes and he suddenly leaned in to kiss her.

There is no undying love confession, though. But there is a cuddle time after watching a movie, a get home safely and text me when you’ve arrived.

There is no roses on valentines day, but there is a hop on my back I will piggyback you all around the house that ends up with him throwing her onto the sofa and tickles the life out of her.

There is no breakfast in bed, but there is a brunch on a restaurant that they both can’t pronounce the name of.

A smile blossomed on Cynthiana’s face as she watch her boyfriend talks about something that happened at work, thinking how this time, last year, she never thought she will sit here, watching the same guy that makes her wanted to bang her face to the table and thinking oh how lucky I am to have him with me.

“Uh? Babe? You alright?” Bene asked, cutting off Cynthiana’s train of thoughts.

She blinked her eyes a couple times before blurting out, “, did I said it out loud?”

“Uhm, yes you did,” he laughed and slipped his fingers to her inner palm, bringing the petite hand up to his face level leaving the harry potter book unmarked on the table and kissed it softly, “I am lucky to have you too.”

At that moment Cynthiana swears her heart was about to jumps off of her body and be one with her chocolate cake on top of the table.

 

“, my yale ball,”

“Don’t worry babe, you still have my ball.”

“Oh my god, bene, I swear, I'm so close to stab you with a fork right now.”