Reminders (Old Friends, New Acquaintances)

Light Up The Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now you found yourself alone. Hakyeon and Hongbin had left the tent, still bickering judging by their witty remarks back and forth that you could hear coming from outside. Both of them had wanted you to rest some more, however, so they had excused themselves and allowed you the privacy of the tent.

Hongbin seemed very eccentric to you, which wasn’t such a bad thing, but his constant smiling and seemingly happy attitude was a little strange since he was constantly surrounded by the dead and the dying. Well at least you figured he did, since he was at least somewhat adept in the healing arts. Healers could be incredibly strange but they were also some of the nicest people you had met. You thought of one of the men under your father's command. His name was Zhang Yixing, a Chinese man who had relocated to Silla when he was a child. He had been an adept healer and your brother from another mother. He hadn’t been accounted for in the aftermath of the battle that cost your father his head, but you had seen neither hair nor hide of him and you assumed the worst. 

Tears sprang unbidden to your eyes and you sniffled. So many people you had known and cared about had been lost due to the emperor’s order. While you felt sad, you also couldn’t —no, wouldn’t, be helpless. There wasn’t time to mourn, not with Baekje's armies advancing.You were the last one left of the Na family, despite being stripped of your name, and you would carry out what had been your family’s duty f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter