1/1

How To Confess Like A Nerd

I never imagined myself liking a girl. But, it all just seemed right when I laid my eyes on her, I knew that she was special. She caught my eye right away and I didn't want to look away. I remember how that moment left me breathless.

The way she flipped her gorgeous black hair made my jaw drop to the ground and all I wanted to do was want her to notice me. But, how was that possible? She was Hwang Tiffany– the school's most popular girl. She was good at everything, was it the sports– the boys, studies and she was even teacher's favorite.

Who was I? Only Kim Taeyeon– The nerd.

 

All my friends made fun of me for liking her– the nerd, that's what they called her but I was sure she was more than that. Behind those round glasses was a girl that told stories with her beautiful eyes. Her puffy cheeks that always seemed to redden when I turned my head to meet her eyes.

A smile was something I couldn't resist when I saw her. We only had English class together and it saddened me that I rarely ever saw her. I wanted to get to know her but then again why would a smart student like her would waste time with me?

Who was I? Only Hwang Tiffany– The Queenka.

Author's POV

“Could you stop staring at her?” Sunny whispered to Tiffany making her come back from the imagination world. Tiffany flushed feeling embarrassed for being obvious and the red head sighed before put her head down on the desk again. In a few minutes, she fell into slumber as usual.

Tiffany laughed and looked at Taeyeon again who was cleaning her glasses with a pink colored cloth. The moment felt very soft.

Tiffany looked away not wanting to gaze for too long. But, as soon as she did– Taeyeon looked up and saw Tiffany's back as usual. Her heart started pumping as Tiffany laughed at something her seat mate said.

Her smile was very beautiful.

And, Taeyeon found herself smiling back too. “Yah... where is the teacher? It has been ten minutes already since the period started.” Taeyeon's seat mate and close friend, Kibum whined.

Taeyeon glanced at him, fixing her round black glasses. “Why are you saying that like it's a new thing?” He sighed in defeat before ruffling his blond hair in frustration.

There was silence again and both Taeyeon and Tiffany were trying their best to not look at each other. “What are you doing after school?” Kibum asked putting his head down on the table. “Maths.” A groan escaped from his mouth.

 

 

Taeyeon fixed her glasses as she exited the gates of the campus, she wanted to hurry up and get home because she needed to see the latest episode of Sherlock. Valentines day was coming up– the kids were going to have a party as always, the fact that she was single didn't make Taeyeon happy and she wanted to ... get closer to a certain Hwang. Gosh, she was so adorable and Taeyeon would do anything to be close to her. 

She didn't have the guts to ask her out.. no, to even look at her in the eye. Hwang Tiffany was just breath taking.

Taeyeon giggled at the thought as she crossed the road. “Hey loser.” A car pulled up beside Taeyeon who was walking on the pavement and the blonde snapped her head to the side to see the group of persons she hated the most. “What.” Taeyeon replied bitterly and the group that consisted of CL, Minzy and Dara sneered as if something was hilarious about her answer.

Taeyeon kept walking though as they drove slowly along. “She admits that she's a loser, ya'll.” Minzy the one who was driving snickered and cleared disgustingly– there was nothing admirable about them, they were plain sickening.

After clearing whatever was stuck in she spit outside on the road but Taeyeon made in time to step away. Taeyeon looked back to see a nasty– uh, not worth explaining.

Taeyeon bit her lip– she hated being a pushover. She was going to turn right and get away from them when her eyes caught Tiffany who was standing on the other side of the road and Taeyeon felt like she was dragged into another world. Pink headphones stuffed into her ears and she was humming along to whatever music she was hearing, it was all so beautiful. Taeyeon came back to the real world when her head hit against a pole.

She didn't realise where she was walking and she wanted to shrink in embarrassment when the bullies from before laughed at her before driving off.

There was a puddle of water that splashed on Taeyeon's clothes as they sped off leaving Taeyeon more ashamed than before.

She hid her head low trying to avoid Tiffany's gaze– Taeyeon thought that she would have laughed, but instead Taeyeon eyes grew when she looked up to see the black head running towards her. Taeyeon stopped dead in her tracks and almost fell down in nervousness when the younger neared and put a hand on Taeyeon's shoulder.

The blonde actually shivered in shock and happiness and a chill ran down her spine.

“Oh my gosh, I saw what happened.” Taeyeon reddened and looked down on her slightly muddy uniform in shame, “I'm so sorry–are you okay?” Taeyeon snapped her head up to see the black head looking at her with such ... restless eyes.

“W-why are you doing... this...” Taeyeon trailed off, getting up the courage to brush Tiffany's hand away from her because it was driving her crazy.

“What do you mean what I am doing?” She furrowed her brows glancing at Taeyeon's reddened face. “Are you okay? I don't think you are... Do you need me to take you to the doctor? I think you're...” Tiffany put her hand on Taeyeon's forehead and caught the older by surprise.

“Burning up...”

“I'm fine. T-thank you...” Taeyeon barely stepped away, Tiffany's delicate sweet perfume felt as if it was dragging Taeyeon back. Taeyeon began to walk away, holding the straps of her school bag close and clutching them tight as if wishing they could calm her beating heart.

“You know,” Tiffany's voice called and Taeyeon stopped and slowly turned her head to find her with her arms crossed over her chest.

“You should stand up for yourself. Protect yourself because the sad truth is... no one is going to do it for you.” Her words hung in the atmosphere like a pronounced death sentenced. “Take care.” Tiffany turned before plugging the earphone's in her ear again.

The words left a deep scar on her heart– a scar meant to help her fight.

Before anyone knew it– it was time for summer vacation and that meant only one thing. Teenagers partying their hearts out. “No. You know I don't want to,” Taeyeon replied to her friend Kibum that just wasn't having it. “Why not?” He nudged her elbow as she tried to read the Sherlock series book all over again.

“Kibum, stop annoying me.” Taeyeon hissed when he slapped the thick book from her hands, it fell down on the floor from the bed they were sitting on and it left Taeyeon with open and Taeyeon's head creaked slowly to fire him the most icy glare.

“Did you just do that?” It took a moment for her friend to process and dismiss the icy shivers that her eyes were sending. “Sorry not sorry, Taeng. You need to go out and have fun. I as a friend!” He hollered and put his hand up in the air, “Want to see you out of these rooms' wall. You hear me? Besides it is your perfect chance to ask her out.” Taeyeon sighed –there was a legend in school that basically said if you asked your crush out on valentines day– they are bound to say yes. Taeyeon obviously didn't believe that. It was just so daring and stupid.

She swung her legs to the side and bent down to pick the book up.

“I'm not a social butterfly like you.” Taeyeon confessed bitterly before putting the book down on the side table. “Events make me... panic.” Taeyeon revealed with a sigh, “Besides... she's not gay.” She added feeling more sad.

“They make fun of you because you are too easy, Taeng. And as for that woman, we don't know that. For all we know, she could have a crush on you too– I mean you lack nothing.” Taeyeon snapped her head to the side and saw Kibum with a frown on his face. "C'mon be brave."

You should.” His words were replaced in Taeyeon's head.

You should, “Stand up,” Taeyeon breathed heavily. Stand up for yourself. “For yourself, Tae.” It took a few moments for Taeyeon to let that sink in. “Besides you'll want to go if I tell you who's holding the pool party event. So, you won't even have trouble getting in. She owns the place and we all know how kind she is. ” Taeyeon ears perked up and she bit her lip.

“It is no other than your crush– Hwang Tiffany.”

Taeyeon's eyes were feeling heavy because all the eye make up she wore. Taeyeon was never the one to like putting things on her face but she had to say it– she felt very confident. She felt very different. Kibum gently dragged her into the house where the party was.

On her way in– she saw the colorfully illuminated pool where crowd of students were gathered around. 'Not going anywhere near that.' Taeyeon thought to herself and turned her head straight. “Kibum-ah...” The mentioned name snapped his head to the side to see Taeyeon.

“This is showing off too much skin... Does it look weird? I told you I can wear such stuff, gah... I feel so exposed...” Taeyeon felt the dress was okay but she still wanted Kibum to assure her and the boy stared at her and exhaled in dismay. The dress he had given her was a full-sleeve short dress that had a gateau neckling and a beaded lase that trimmed the bodice and created a plunging v-neckline. It had a floral design and an exotic cocktail dress.

It suited Taeyeon's pale skin very much because it was in a very deep shade of black. “Aigoo. Tiffany will probably die seeing you in this.” And that was what made Taeyeon heart flutter and she felt blood rush to her cheek. “You look great, Taeng. Now let's head in. Remember to stick close to me and try to avoid those bullies.” Kibum repeated what he said to her when they were about to leave and they pressed past the crowd of people.

“Aren't you having fun, Tae?” Kibum said to Taeyeon noticing that she was sitting alone in the corner. He didn't want to leave her all by herself but he found his friends too and had to dance with them a little bit. “I am.” Taeyeon gave him a polite smile and stared off somewhere.

“Looking for Tiffany-sshi?” He asked and handed her a glass of orange juice because he knew Taeyeon couldn't handle alcohol. Taeyeon shook her head but Kibum knew better.

“I think I need to go to the bathroom real quick.” Taeyeon said and walked past Kibum.

 

 

“This place is un-neccisarily huge.” Taeyeon muttered remembering she had to ask directions so many times.

She was on the first floor of the house and everyone was downstairs. She was about to climb downstairs too, to meet Kibum when her vision spotted the balcony door opened. “So that's why it's so cold.” Taeyeon pursed her lips and was proceeding to walk down when she heard a shrill noise coming from the balcony.

Taeyeon stopped dead in her tracks. She tried to comprehend whether she heard something or not. “I told you to let me go!” A clear familiar voice rang in Taeyeon's ear as she walked closer to the place. She might have not been able to hear it if she was further away because of the loud music.

 

Taeyeon paused when she was right outside and peeked a little to see a familiar figure was standing with her back against Taeyeon.

It was Tiffany.

She was sure of that because she saw her wearing the red cocktail dress earlier. “Why? Suddenly you don't like being touched by me?” A male voice that Taeyeon wasn't sure of– said.

“No, I don't because we are over! It's been a while, Khun– now please get over me!” Tiffany's words sounded like a beg and Taeyeon frowned not knowing what to do because from what she could see he was holding onto her shoulders tightly.

“Why you like someone other than me now?” It took Taeyeon a while to get it– of course, it was Tiffany's boyfriend... well, former boyfriend.

Kibum told her that he was dumped by Tiffany and Taeyeon was very happy to hear the news because she knew how much of a jerk he was.

“Yes, I do! Now get your hands off of me.” This was wrong, this was very wrong. Taeyeon looked around her and thought to bring someone to help because she was too scared to step in herself but she  was also afraid she'd be too late and Nickhun would hurt Tiffany.

“Who is it?” He hissed at her.

“You don't have to know!” Tiffany yelled back.

“Oh, is it her?” Taeyeon paused– wait what? He used the word her so did that mean Tiffany was into girls? Taeyeon bit her lip trying to understand.

“What was her name... Kim... Taeyeon?” Taeyeon eyes flew open and she gasped in surprise trying to think of someone that had the same name as her.

Tiffany was silent and Taeyeon was just in wait for her to confirm something.

“TELL ME!” He screamed at her and that was when Taeyeon walked in. Her brows were furrowed in anger because she saw the uncomfortable expression on Tiffany's face. The way he was holding onto her bare shoulders– his hand loosened when Taeyeon entered but the look on his face was pure amusement.

“What do you think you're doing?” Taeyeon hissed at him and clenched her jaw.

Tiffany put in effort to actually push him away and when she did– Taeyeon's and Tiffany's eyes locked for a moment. The Korean-American pursed her lips and took a step towards Taeyeon. “Look who it is.” Nickhun smirked glaring at Taeyeon. 

“Nerd.”

Taeyeon wanted to laugh at his pathetic insult. When none of them spoke– “Taeyeon-ah, let's go...” Tiffany muttered in a soft voice and stepped towards Taeyeon.

The older female's eyes flew open when Tiffany was close and her heartbeat just increased. “Wow. Look at you two lovebirds.” Nickhun started again when Tiffany was about to pull Taeyeon into the house again.

“Fany, isn't she the one you left me for? Does she know.” As if it had just dawned upon Taeyeon– she snapped her head to meet eyes with Tiffany who was just so surprised too.

She felt embarrassed to get exposed like this... “Shut up!” Tiffany turned and screamed at Nickhun.

Taeyeon had no idea what to do. Tiffany's anger was boiling inside her–minute by minute and one more word from Nickhun would be enough for her to lose it. “Am I lying?” Taeyeon bit her lip in anticipation, Tiffany gripped Taeyeon's wrist unknowingly and it sent sparks flying in Taeyeon's whole body.

The younger female was too consumed by rage to notice that her grip was strong– strong enough to leave red marks.

“Let's go, Taeyeon.” Tiffany blinked her eyelids and Taeyeon saw a tear escaping– a tear that she wanted to remove herself. Tiffany dragged Taeyeon away from Nickhun.

 

“I ... kicked him out.” Tiffany after taking her to the opposite balcony– left her saying that she needed to take care of Nickhun. Taeyeon was handed with a can of beer to pass her time.

She sat down beside Taeyeon on the bench. The cold breeze making Taeyeon feel cold without a question but her heart was racing. It had been racing all this time– especially when Tiffany came back, the sweet scent of the perfume was driving Taeyeon crazy.

“I'm sorry you had to ...” Tiffany paused looking at Taeyeon, who looked like she was about to pass out.

“Hey, are you okay?” “M-Me? Y-Yes, ye- I am. J-Just a little lightheaded.”

Taeyeon barely finished and Tiffany broke out in a pit of laughter. Taeyeon raised her brows wondering why she was laughing so much. “You shouldn't drink too many bear then. Gosh you scared me.” There it was– Tiffany's eye smile.

The beautiful scenery around them was nothing compared to Hwang Tiffany.

“This is my first drink– I don't like alcohol. It makes me dizzy and I don't get why people drink it... It makes them weird.” Tiffany took in a moment to absorb Taeyeon's thoughts before taking the beer from Taeyeon's hand and gulping it all down in one go.

“Weird how?” Tiffany asked.

“I don't know... It just makes them... so transparent– they are vulnerable and defenseless to their inner thoughts and feelings. They can blurt out things–” Taeyeon stopped there noticing Tiffany who was listening to her like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“I wish to be drunk– too right now.” In that moment when Tiffany spoke, their eyes locked. “So, I can blurt out my feelings for you.” The seconds seemed to be lasting forever. Everything around them stopped. Taeyeon's heart was racing again.

“Y-Your feelings?” Taeyeon spoke on her own. Tiffany nodded her head, scooting a bit closer and closer til Taeyeon's waist pressed against the hard cold side.

“I fancy you, Kim Taeyeon.”

.

.

.

And when you smile– the whole world stops and stands for a while... Cause you're amazing.

Tiffany made no move to lean in to claim her lips– she waited til Taeyeon was in her right mind. “I need to hear your confession too.” Tiffany spoke again. Their legs were pressed against each other and their eyes still locked.

None of them wanted to look away. “M-My confession?” Taeyeon was just analyzing if she heard Tiffany right.

Did she say– that she liked her? “I know you like me too.” Tiffany said putting her hand lightly on Taeyeon's thigh– making her lose her breath and her senses.

With a pause– Tiffany continued, “Your nerdy confession.” It was the longest moment for Taeyeon– she had to say something cool or she'd ruin everything.

“A-A-Are y-you a tower...?” Taeyeon bit her lip noticing whatever she was saying made no sense to Tiffany–” Because Eiffel f-for you.”

Tiffany blinked.

Once.

Twice.

“Hahahah!” Tiffany broke out in a laughter again, clamping her hand over her stomach. Taeyeon felt like she messed up because Tiffany stood up and went to hold the railing of the balcony. She kept laughing like a maniac and Taeyeon frowned feeling like she made fun of herself.

“Oh my gosh! Taeyeon!” Tiffany turned to see her again– her face was red as a tomato for laughing to hard. “You're unbelievable.” “W-What do you mean?” Tiffany sat down beside her again.

“It was so good. You cute nerd!” Tiffany ruffled Taeyeon's hair–making her lose her senses again. But, nonetheless... Taeyeon felt happy because she made the person she liked laugh. It was the best feeling in the world.

She wanted more. “Can I say one more?” What Taeyeon had in her mind was bold– very bold. She wasn't sure if it was even okay to say it.

She waited for Tiffany's nod and she could tell that the Korean-American was anticipating another funny one. They were sitting beside each other again. Eyes boring into each others.

Taeyeon took a very deep breath, “... K-kiss me if I'm wrong but dinosaurs d-do exist?” .

.

.

“No, Kim Taeyeon– you're wrong. Dinosaurs do not exist.” Tiffany moved her head closer to Taeyeon. She sat frozen in her place. Tiffany leaned in and pressed their foreheads together.

Their breaths uneven and shaking. “You are so wrong.” It was barely a whisper.

Tiffany finally leaned in and kissed Taeyeon's warm and shivering lips. It was just an innocent kiss.

Caused by a nerdy confession.

They both knew they'll be spending their coming valentines day together.

Woah, it took me forever to write this. Anyways hehe ^^ I hope you all liked it and I'm entering this for a contest– let's hope I win haa xD Can you guys kindly comment to show love? Maybe I'll write more off these :) I've written a TaeNy Horror story too and I'll leave a link below :

Passing Smiles <