A Damn Miracle

Dumb and Dumber

A Damn Miracle 

Description: Momo can't stand studying and Sana can't stand the way Momo looks at her. 

 

"Just for a little bit, please?" Momo whines.

Sana ignores her as she usually does and Momo slumps in her chair. They're sitting in the small dorm kitchenette of the trainee dorm, studying, and one hour in shes over it. Sana, however, can study for hours. That's why Momo needs to break her so that she doesn't get stuck studying for hours also. 

"I'll buy you snacks for a whole month." Momo bargains.

"You're already buying all my snacks for the next two months." Sana replies robotically, her pencil still scratching against her notebook. 

Momo cringes, remembering that just earlier that month she'd asked Sana to sneak out at night to see a movie. 

Defeated she slumps on the table, pouting while she watches her best friend study. Sana's a lot more responsible then her and is tough to crack. It's best she admit defeat or try again when Sana's worked hard enough her eyes become droopy. 

So she watches her. Her favorite hobby. She can't help but admire the way Sana looks with her long hair falling down her left shoulder. Can't help but her lips as Sana brings the pencil to her soft lips as she contemplates whatever noun or adjective she can't figure out. feels dry as she imagines her focused gaze looking at her. 

Sana huffs and slams her pencil down, "Fine! Let's go!" 

Momo perks up, blinking in the surprise but not questioning her sudden mood shift. 

The two head down, arm and arm, to the nearest convenience store. Momo buys their arms full of snacks before they head back to the dorm and up to the roof. They're not really allowed up there, in fact the dorm manager told them it was locked, but Momo and Sana discovered long that it was not. It was their favorite place to sneak off to, just the two of them and the beautiful view of Seoul's skyline. 

Momo is grinning ear to ear as they sit down on the roof, digging into their snacks. 

"Thank you!" Momo hums, opening her bag of chips.

"How could I just sit there with you looking at me like that." Sana mumbles, making Momo tilt her head in confusion. 

"Like what?"  

Sana freezes, "L-like a sad little puppy!" She adverts her eyes as she stuffs puffs into .

Momo shrugs, she hadn't realized her pouting had been so intense. Usually Sana was immune to that kind of stuff.  They eat peacefully, discussing the upcoming evaluation and their work out regimen. They'd figured out how to maintain their steady weight while still being able to indulge in their favorite snacks. 

"Do you think it was fate." Sana suddenly says, her gaze off in the distance.

"What?" 

"You and me." She looks over to Momo the way Momo had been imagining earlier. "Do you think it was fate, that we both auditioned the same day, signed our contracts together, and came over together?" 

Momo her lips, "If it wasn't fate, then it was a damn miracle." 

Sana smiles Momo's favorite smile, "I love you Momo." 

Momo's heart clenches, it wasn't the first time she'd said it but lately it meant something different to her, "I love you too Sana." She whispers.

One day. One day she'd confess. And those words would be different. 

Sana wraps an arm around her, "Lets debut." It's a statement. There is no question or room for doubt.

Momo nods. "We will." 

They will.