Torpid

Torpid
Please log in to read the full chapter

Morning calls defined by spontaneity, alarm clocks turned off but time won't stop.Gathering semblance, should come easy with age but I'm in a state of torpidity. Toughts scattered, heart bothered, breaths shallow, wallowing is self induced pity. Don't bother. Drink coffee. Move on.

Contradictory.

Grabbing ties, round my neck choking dreams with my files, the books of youth gather dust under the shelves. Somwhere, a dream is lost, where do they go ? Shutters closed, lights off and this monontonicity drives me delirious. Lock the door, pat the keys. Move on.

Cars honk. Traffic in my mind. Thoughts clash, people turn and shout. Running, out somewhere in the woods may be nice. Away from the city lights, shadowed by trees that give me room to breathe, lungs congested with smoke of the cities. Conflicting thoughts on turning back and then there's reality. Turn back loose a job and wander. You get lost.They scorn, eyes narrow and judge you for deliquency. it up, turn the wheels. Move on.

 

Office lights at the night, swarmed by moths. Well, they are alive at the least. The only life. Darkened faces, greyish dust collecting on their cracked lips. See hearts made of wires, a controller on how they respire, I'm fading in, into them. What a nightmare.Break out, from these cubicles and wander to cool off the steam. Got reminded by my pathetic reality. The sounds mix, static. Static thoughts. Clicking of the pens. Static states. Type. I can'

Please log in to read the full chapter