CHAPTER 01

I'll be there for you

"MINYUN" who's calling me?

"MINYUN, get your off that bed or you'll be late again." Oh that's Sunhi's voice. But how the hell did she get into my peaceful dream?

"MINYUUUUUUUUUUUN, YOU SLEEPY HEAD YOU'LL BE LATE WAKE UUUUP IT'S 07:55 a.m ALREADY" 

"WHAT?" I screamed as I grabbed at my phone just to check if it's some kind of a prank only to realise that I only have 4 minutes left before the bill rings. 

I scrambled to my closet to wear whatever clothes I laid my hands on first and run to the bathroom to brush my teeth at the same time. I patted my hair in order not to look that horrible, not that I care much given the current situation, and slipped in my shoes.

"YOU LITTLE TROUBLE MAKER GET OUT OF THAT ROOM RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I'LL BREAK THE DOOR" 

"SHUT UP SUNHI I'M COMING JUST STOP! I DON'T WANNA HAVE A  HEADACHE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!" I shouted back as I picked my bag and hurried to get out.

"See? I'm always on time" I flashed my best friend a reassuring smile as soon as I saw her face but she just  glared in return.

"You better run. Mr.Lim isn't buying any of your lame excuses anymore." She said as she pulled me by my shirt and started running.

We got into class just in time. I was more than relieved that the Professor, Mr.Lim, was to class, which is so unlikely of him. I'd have been in some deep , had he been here already.

Oh! Speak of the devil! Just as I wanted to rest my head on my forearm, our management teacher came in. He's the most strict teacher I've ever seen and that's one of many reasons why I hate his guts.

I personally find his class the most boring  compared to other courses I take. You see, learning about how to run a company and all that blah blah isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Wait, wait, wait! I might have given you the wrong impression. I'm not a bad student. I'm just a bit lazy that's all. My studies are my first periority, actually. I got into this university with a full scholarship because I was among the Top 20 students in  my high school. Pretty cool for a sleepy pig, right? Well that's why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover; just like you shouldn't take my smiles for hapiness.....

"That was all for today. Class dismissed!" professor Lim said before desapearing out of the door.

"Ugh that was boring as hell" Minhee said as she stood up and waited for us to follow.

"Yeah tell me about it" Sunhi replied as she grabbed her bag and pulled me up to my feet. 

"Oh shut up you two! I'm the one who should be complaining here." I mumbeled with a huff as I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand. I felt my two best friends' attention on me and when I looked at them they norrowed their brows at me like I've killed their cats. "What?" I asked, oblivious of the reason why they were giving me that look.

"Next time you keep me waiting for 30 minutes at your door, you're dead!" Sunhi said glaring at me.

" Oh baby~~you know I don't do it on purpose. I'm just a freaking sleepy pig that's all. Don't get mad okay honey?" I said in a cute voice with an apparent pout. I know that my besties can't resist my puppy eyes even if they try their hardest, they're just weak for me. 

"Okay okay!  But don't do it again ." She said, pretending to be mad at me but failing miserably due to that smile she's trying  to hide.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So it's Friday evening, which means I have to go home. Unlike other people, I'm not the least bit excited about it. Home is where a family is supposed to be happy, where all the members genuinely care for each other, which is not the case of mine.

I packed what I'd need for the weekend and got out of my room. My father would be picking me up soon. Just at this thought my phone started ringing and I knew It'd be dad without looking at the caller ID; who else would it be if it's not him?

"I'll be out in a minute" I said right after picking up.

"Woah! How can you be so sure that it's me? what if it was your boyfriend?" He asked faking an impressed tone.

"Well for starters, I don't have a boyfriend. AND you told me you'd call me when you're here. It seems like you forgot." I let out as I neared his car.

"I was just teasing you my dear. Where are you tho?"

"Right beside you!" I chirped as I knocked on the passenger seat's window. A gentle smile made its way on his face as he opened the door for me to hop in.

"My daughter must have missed me huh?" he mumbled, not exactly to anyone but himself, while hugging me tightly.

"YES. I mised you sooo much" I confirmed as I pulled away to buckle my seat belt.

At that moment, I wished I could stay like that with my father for a lifetime: Happy, cheerful. But I knew it was only a wish as soon as he started the engine. Our destination is the very reason why we can't be happy...

I'm going home.

Home, where Mom lives.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You might think I'm crazy, but I love mondays. Why? Because that's when I get back from home. Now you must be wondering why I don't like going home. Well, it's easy. My relationship with mom has never been that good. But let's say that it worstened throughout the last few years.

I was walking through the corridor that leads to my next class when I noticed a few students whispering here and there, which is not something they do everyday. There must be some reason as to why all these people are so interested in each other's ears today.

Just then, my best friend, Sunhi came running while calling my name multiple times. Oh boy! there must be something real big considering the excited expression her face is holding. Knowing my best friend, there are two things She gets excited about: boys and food. But it's not lunch time yet, so I'll assume it's the first option that made her so energetic on a Monday.

"MINYUN YOU MUST HEAR THIS! YOU MUST HEAR THIS" She panted as she neared me.

"Easy there, Tigress! Breath first!"  I adviced, patting her shoulder.

"THERE IS A NEW STUDENT AND HE'S SO SO SO SO FREAKING HANDSOME. HE'S NOT A PERSON. HE'S AN ANGEL. I'M TELLING YOU!YOU MUST SEE HIM RIGHT NOW" I called it.

 People around us were giving us weird looks as my embarassing friend started shouting like crazy about this new hansome student that I have no intrest in.

"Sunhi darling, I'm sorry but I need to go now and I really am not intrested in some angelic student, okay? See you at lunch!" I pinched her cheeks before walking off to my next class.

Little did I know that fate had other plans for me......

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Okay guys that was the first chapter I hope that you enjoy reading it.

Comments, upvotes and subscribtions are mostly welcomed

Thank you.