Sniper

Under Cover - Myungsoo

“Can we confirm?”

“Confirmed.”

“Sniper.”

“Action needed?”

“Hold position.”

Your eyes began to roam up on the rooftops. Spotting a slight reflection of the sun off of his scope, you quickly lifted your wrist to your mouth as you tried to keep your tones hushed.

“Sniper is aiming at the monkeys. I repeat, Sniper is aiming at the monkeys.” You called into your microphone.

“Move in!” The order was given from your superior, before the agents moved in. Focusing on the sniper, you knew that they weren’t going to be fast enough. Moving your eyes down to the members, you noticed a laser roaming Myungsoo’s back and shoulders then up his neck slowly.

Watching the red dot roam and then began to focus, you knew that the sniper was close to pull the trigger. Narrowing your eyes up at the sniper, you watched as the light on the scope stayed steady, turning your head back to Myungsoo, you watched as the laser pointer disappeared.

Breathing out slowly, a finger tightened its grip around the trigger, pulling the metal back slowly the bullet anxiously awaited the cue. A kickback jolted the sniper slightly back as the bullet whizzed out of the metal barrel. The silver bullet cut through the cool morning air and screaming down towards its victim. Smoke lifted from the end of the barrel and vanished into the thin air overhead while the sniper continued to watch the path of the bullet.

The shot echoed between the buildings, causing the crowd to turn and see where the origin was. Wrapping your arms around Myungsoo, you held him tightly begging him not to move. Just as your body was pressed against his, you took in a deep breath feeling him slightly turn to see who was hugging him.

“Just stay” You whispered against him before something pierced you, just right of your spine but just left of your shoulder blade.

Myungsoo felt your body press against his as a painful hiss spilled from your lips. The grip around him loosened as he turned around and quickly slipped his arms underneath yours.

“Call for help!” Myungsoo called as Woohyun carefully moved your legs from underneath you as the other members created a circle around you as security backed everyone else up.

Hoya took off his jacket as Myungsoo placed it underneath your head as he gently brushed away hair from your forehead. Opening your eyes, the pain in your chest radiated through your body as you lifted your hand slightly as he took it without hesitation. Trying to focus on your breathing, you took in as deep of a breath as you could as an unbearable pain in your chest caused your breath to hitch.

“Are you okay?” You whispered, your wet eyes coated with a layer of pain, basked up at Myungsoo’s matching pair.

“I’m perfectly fine. I’m more worried about you though” Myungsoo whispered as his hand moved down to your cheek as he brushed his thumb across your cheek ever so softly.

“She’s bleeding a lot” Sungjong pointed out as Dongwoo and Sunggyu tried to press one of their jackets against your chest while the crimson liquid continued to spread across your white tank top.

“It’s going to be okay, help is on the way” A voice was heard over the boy’s heads.

Commotion began to sputter around you as your eyes began to have a hard time focusing, your field of view was closing in as Myungsoo continued to keep his eyes to yours as hands began to move over your body. The EMT personnel began to control the heavy bleeding from your body while others were hooking you up to machines and acquiring your vitals.

“Myungsoo, you need to leave” The manager grabbed Myungsoo by the shoulders as you watched him turn his head as he shook his head, his lips moving to some words.

Feeling a pressure in your chest, you began to cough as air began to spill over your chilling body. Tightening your grip as much as you could on Myungsoo’s hand, his eyes dropped back down to you.

“I’m not leaving her, sir” Myungsoo told the manager as he tightened his hand back around yours, telling you that he wasn’t going anywhere.

The EMT personnel continued to work as your breaths slowed and your vision became blurry with them moving you onto a backboard. Knowing they had stabilized your body as much as they could, they began to move you by lifting you up into the air as you continued to keep your hand holding Myungsoo’s. They walked to the ambulance and loaded you onto the bed as the EMT’s placed the monitors and fluids all around you as everyone loaded up.

“I’m going with her” Myungsoo informed the EMT’s as he stepped into the ambulance with you and sat next to you, still holding your hand in his.