4 Stalls

Eavesdropping

Victoria's POV

 

Victoria had always had her suspicions when it came to Krystal and Amber. The looks those two gave each other, the hand holding, the smiles, the blushes, the sleepovers.... It was all starting to give Victoria a headache. 

However, being the leader of her group as well as the eldest member, Victoria always tried to take the high road when it came to any kind of group drama. Not that a Krystal and Amber relationship was all that dramatic in her opinion. But lately, it was becoming evident that Krystal and Amber were spending even more time together during this comeback series than they did back during their trainee schedules. Victoria wondered if this was at all due to Sulli leaving the group. 

Sulli and Krystal had always acted like soulmates, attached at the hip and always on each other's wavelengths. On the other hand, Amber and Sulli were like siblings, with Amber taking the 'big brother' role. Perhaps Amber and Krystal had rekindled their closeness as a way to fill the void?

Victoria scrunched up her noise and shook her head, trying to forget the thought. This was not at all what she should be thinking about right now, or ever actually. Fan theories were for fans, not for the actual idols themselves. Victoria pulled her phone out of her pocket to check the time, noting that there was one more hour until their practice room opened up. A few more laps around the building should clear her head of all the 'Kryber' nonsense.

Victoria rounded another corner, losing herself in thoughts of her two young members. But then again, there were those 'looks' that only they seemed to have for each other. And those Kryber shippers posting comments all over Instagram were hard to ignore. 

And of course, it didn't help that Luna kept pestering her about what she thought about the whole situation, if you could even call it a situation. Speaking of Luna, Victoria thought she recognized the pitter-pattering sound of small footsteps behind her. 

"Unnieeeee!" Luna whined, who had appeared out of some random room, started following Victoria like a lost puppy from the hallway to the next dressing room, and back into the hallway again. During their free time, apparently Luna had nothing better to do than ship her favorite couple. 

"Waee?" Vic spun around so fast that Luna crashed straight into her. 

"Aren't you curious?" Luna backed up a bit, "They're being so secretive lately, don't you agree?" 

"Oh I don't know." Victoria sighed. She turned back around and kept walking, Luna trailing behind. Victoria really didn't want to have this conversation with Luna, the self-proclaimed Kryber shipper that she was. Everything Krystal or Amber did was proof to Luna of their undying love and affection, and even the littlest of things the girls did alone together counted as "proof." Most of the time, Victoria couldn't be bothered with all of Krystal and Amber's little interactions, as odd to her as they might seem. 

"But Unnie!! They were holding hands again."

Victoria raised her eyebrows. "So? Lots of people do that."

"And ."

Victoria stopped in her tracks. "Yaaah, I don't have time for this." She cried, throwing her hands up. This conversation was taking a turn into a direction she didn't want it to go. "I have things to do." 

Victoria quickly rounded the hallway corner and, hoping that she wouldn't be followed, shut herself in the women's bathrooms and slammed the stall shut. She barely registered Luna calling out from the hallway, "Whatever you say. We'll talk later."  Fading footsteps indicated that Luna had walked away, temporarily giving up for the time being. 

Since she only used the bathroom as a quick getaway, Victoria unlatched the stall lock and was about to open the door when the two members in question, Krystal and Amber, entered hastily and talking loudly. Victoria immediately shut herself in the stall again, silently cursing her dongseangs for causing her to compromise her natural mature behavior. 

Peering through the cracks between the stall, Victoria saw the younger girls come into view. She couldn't see their faces, but she noticed they kept a small distance between themselves. Nothing seemed out place just yet. 

"Krystal, we can't! Okay, its too risky."

Uh oh, Victoria thought. This didn't sound like conversation she was supposed to hear. 

"Wasn't this your idea in the first place?" Krystal quipped, sounding a bit annoyed. 

"Well, yes. It was. But I hadn't thought it through, and now there is just no way it'll work." Amber replied confidently, though Victoria thought she sounded dejected. What were her girls up to?

Krystal huffed in response, and Victoria imagined the maknae pouting her lips. "But I can't wait! I just want a break. I just want to relax."

Nothing too suspicious about that, Victoria wondered, knowing that feeling of an overworked idol all too well.

Krystal sighed again, and Victoria heard a shuffling of shoes. "I just want to be with you Am."

Victoria froze. Now that sounded kind of suspicious. More shuffling of shoes, then Amber sighed. 

"I know Krys, I know. I want that too. There just isn't time this week, not with the way our schedules are. Unless you don't want to sleep ever? And we both know Princess needs her sleep." Amber sniggered at the last part. Krystal must have made a face, as Amber had started laughing louder. 

"Stupid! Im not the only one who needs sleep." Krystal. 

"Ow!" Amber suddenly yelped. Krystal must have punched her in the arm. Victoria smirked and rolled her eyes. If she was being forced listen to this after all, at least it was somewhat entertaining.

Both girls dissolved into laughter, and Victoria suddenly wished she wasn't trapped in the stall. Looking through the stall crack, she could see both girls clasp hands as their laughter subsided. 

It got quiet in the bathroom, and Victoria was afraid to so much as breathe, knowing any noise could get her caught. Looking from under the stall, she could see Krystal take a step towards Amber. Were they going to kiss or something? In the bathroom? This moment was becoming a bit too intimate for her liking, and Victoria gulped, wishing she could teleport away. 

All of a sudden, a large bang caused the girls to jump apart from each other. Victoria jumped too, as the main door the the bathroom was pushed open again, and a very cheery sounding Luna bounced into view.  

"Amber Unnie!!! SooJung! There you two are. I've been looking everywhere!" All three girls backed up further into the bathroom, and Victoria could now see their faces through the crack. Krystal and Amber looked quite rattled at the sudden intrusion, and Luna seemed oblivious that she had almost walked in on something. 

Victoria put her face in her hands and sighed, almost laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation. She was way too old to be hiding in a bathroom stall listening to her members tell relationship secrets. 

"Oh h-hey L-luna." Amber stuttered after a moment, something she only did when she was nervous. Again, this seemed suspicious, and though Victoria hated to admit it, a bit intriguing. 

"Yeah, we were just, uh, in here." Krystal nodded with a forced smile, but didn't say anything more. 

Luna nodded looking back and forth between the two, her face bright with amusement. "Ah. Bathroom time. I see." Victoria sighed and shook her head again. Leave it to Luna to make things awkward. 

Amber cleared nervously. "Um yeah, so is someone looking for us?" 

"Well, actually..." And that's when Victoria's eyes made contact with Luna's through the crack in the stall door. Luna paused and her eyes buldged for a split second. Victoria held her breath, thinking for a moment that Luna would divulge her location. After what felt like a minute long second, Luna snapped out of it, jumping so quickly that "Kryber" jumped back as well. "Yes!! Vic umma!  Shes looking for you two."

"Oh, where is she?" Krystal squeaked, her voice sounding higher than usual. 

"I don't know. But you better go find her. I think she might be mad." Luna said vaguely.

Amber and Krystal both looked at eachother, worry etched into their expressions. Victoria smiled smugly to herself, somewhat proud that her mother-like powers still had some effect on the other members. 

"What are you waiting for? Go find her!!"
Luna exclaimed, frantically waving her hands in an effort to usher them out them towards the door. 

Both Amber and Krystal stammered for a moment before rushing out of the bathroom. As soon as the door finally shut, Victoria pushed herself out of the stall,
coming face to face with Luna. 

"Gah! Unnie, why are you in here? I'm guessing Kryber didnt see you?"

"Stop calling them 'Kryber,'" Victoria huffed, stopping in front of a mirror, thinking that she might as well fix her bangs. But even as the words left , she didnt quite believe her own denial. Victoria furrowed her brow. What did she just witness? What did she just overhear?

"Umma?" Luna said tentatively. "What were you doing in here?" Suddenly a look of realization appeared on Luna's face, her eyes widening and slowly curling into a wide grin.

"You were spying!" Luna starting bouncing on her toes, unable to contain her glee. 

"I was not!" Victoria said stubbornly, crossing her arms in defense. But the knowing look in Luna's eyes showed that she didnt at all believe her leader.  "Okay fine! I was. But not on purpose."  

Luna didn't look convinced. "Well what did you find out? Am I right? Is 'Kryber' real?" She emphasized the word by quotation marks in the air. Victoria rolled her eyes. "I mean, we both know its true, but did you hear any proof?" 

"Shhhhh! Anyone could come in here." Victoria quickly turned Luna around and pulled them both out of the bathroom. 

Luna turned back, head whipping around to make sure the hallway was clear.  "Victoria-Unnie!! You heard something didn't you! What did you hear?"

Victoria looked around too, nodding somewhat curtly towards a group of nearby rookies, before leaning closer towards the younger girl. "Not here my Luna," she said in a whisper. "Let's talk later." 

Both girls headed towards the practice room. Luna beamed, but Victoria frowned, suddenly dreading the conversation before they even had it. If 'Kryber' was in fact as real as they were starting to seem, it would probably be the start of her midlife crisis. 

 


A/N: I really wanted to title this "4 Stalls" but I held back.... haha. 

EDIT: I changed it to '4 Stalls' for ya'll 

Anyways, I hope that was as enjoyable for ya'll to read as it was for me to write ;)