Part 2

Remembrance (Royal Sequel)

Your POV

“What do you mean he just fainted in the hallway?” Baekhyun scoffed. “That was really weird.”

“It’s not his fault, some people faint. Cut him some slack.” I reminded Baekhyun. “Not everybody has the mentality you do.”

“Why are you always right?” He sighed. We were just now joining our friends Minseok and Chanyeol for lunch.

“Do you guys ever separate for ten minutes?” Chanyeol laughed, shaking his head at us. Baekhyun and I hadn’t known each other long before we started dating. I couldn’t necessarily say it was bad, it was just too laid back for me. I wanted something exciting but for now, I had to stay with him. He could easily ruin anyone’s life in this school and I was not going down that path.

“Fifty-three minutes for each class period, to be exact.” Baekhyun shrugged, sitting across from Chanyeol. I rolled my eyes and smiled, waiting for the rest of our friends to show up. I sat there, but something felt off. Lately, I’d become less attached to Baekhyun and almost as if he sensed it, he was holding onto me extra tightly.

Even though I should’ve been focusing on the conversation between the three boys by me, my mind kept trailing back to the boy who had fainted in the hallway. The nurse told me his name was Oh Sehun. I’d never heard that name in my life, yet it sounded so familiar when I said it.

When I told Baekhyun that I helped the kid to the nurse’s office, he actually got mad at me. He said that I should’ve minded my own business. Baekhyun had always been like that. I was surprised when he made time for me, he usually spent his time focusing on himself and whose life he would ruin today.

It was almost like Minseok could tell, however, that Baekhyun and I had started to drift apart. Minseok and I had known each other for years, he knew me almost as well as I knew him. We spent our childhood days together, and we’re spending these days together too. Baekhyun often got jealous of our friendship.

“Are you okay, (Y/N)?” Minseok asked me. “You haven’t eaten anything.” His voice broke me out of my Sehun-filled trance.

“What? Oh, yeah, I’m okay. I’m just…thinking. I’m not that hungry, either.” I smiled at him. Something about his appearance, I knew I’d seen it before.

Of course, there was always people who looked like other people, that’s how the world worked. But his voice…his voice was definitely something I had heard before. I couldn’t, however, think of anyone else that sounded remotely like him. I sighed, figuring the only way to stop thinking about it was to delve into conversation with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Minseok.

When someone tapped my shoulder, all four of us turned to see who it was. It was the tall boy who had fainted in the hallway. He looked incredibly nervous as he made eye contact with Baekhyun. What did Baekhyun have against the poor kid anyway?

“C-can I talk to you? Just for a minute?” He cleared his throat and before I could nod, I felt Baekhyun shift.

“Anything you have to say to her, you can say in front of us.” He was cold. I looked towards him and scoffed.

“Baekhyun, why are you so possessive? He just wants to talk to her.” Minseok defended Sehun. Minseok always had a kind heart and I made a mental note to thank him later. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as I followed Sehun away from the table.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make him angry at you.” Sehun’s voice was light, contrary to the intimidation of his sharp facial features. “I just wanted to thank you, for earlier.”

“I wasn’t going to just leave you there.” I smiled at him. “I’m (Y/N), by the way.” At the mention of my name, he perked up and he looked into my eyes. I saw something that looked almost like surprise. Did he know me?

“I-I’m Sehun.” He held out his hand. “Oh Sehun.”

When I shook his hand, in my head I could hear the sound of heels clicking against the floor, water crashing against a stone basin, was that a dress? I shook my head a little, frowning until the sounds disappeared.

“Why don’t you come sit with us? You’re new, you should be welcomed properly.” I smiled at him. He gave a small smile in return at my offer, but slowly shook his head.

“That’s alright, (Y/N), I’ll be okay. I prefer to be alone anyway.” There it was again, the sounds of water and echoing music, I felt like I was going crazy. The way my name flowed off of his tongue was something that even though I had just met him, I wished I could hear again. What was going on with me? Who was Oh Sehun?

When we parted, I was disappointed. Baekhyun seemed to notice I was off.

Did that servant do something to you?” He asked. I looked at him, wondering why he would say something like that. Servant?

“Excuse me?” I was disgusted. Servant?

“I-I just asked if he said anything to you.” He looked into my eyes. “I literally said ‘did he say something to you’, I didn’t mean to imply anything -”

“No, no I’m sorry.” I shook my head, attempting to shake the words that had clearly been Baekhyun’s voice out of my head. “I must’ve heard you wrong. I think I’m going to go home, I don’t feel well.”

My head began to pound at the loud sounds of screaming. Who was screaming? What was going on? I almost couldn’t breathe. Sehun, Baekhyun, Minseok…they all flashed in my mind in different situations. They were all saying something to me and I couldn’t hear what they were saying but once I broke out of my trance, I saw Chanyeol, Minseok, and Baekhyun staring at me with wide eyes.

“Let’s get you home. C’mon, everything’s okay.” Baekhyun said softly, holding the small of my back to support me. I felt something in my heart, all I wanted was to talk to Sehun again. Maybe he could explain what was happening to me. It did start after I saw him, after all.

“I can do it myself. I’ll be okay, Baekhyun, I promise.” I smiled weakly to him, hoping he would understand. Surprisingly he did, he allowed me to walk away by myself. I walked out of the lunchroom as fast as I could, and I found my locker.

I unlocked it with shaky fingers. I heard footsteps next to me and when I looked up I saw Sehun. I looked at him and he just stared back into my eyes. There was age in his dark eyes and it was different. It was weird, he was wearing a different outfit than he had been in just ten minutes before. His pants were brown and the white shirt tucked into them was dirty.

“Why do you seem so familiar?” I asked him quietly. I didn’t get a response. Instead, I blinked, and Sehun was gone.