Winter

My Home

Snow was falling gracefully on the ground as Jungkook closed the door of his house back in Busan, he saw his Brother waving him a goodbye through the window, making Jungkook smile back and wave back, with that he walked off to his destination. Every step he took made him think as the cold weather sent shivers into his body even though he wore a thick jacket.

When did he ever feel warm? When did he feel safe? He never thought of it much back then, but now the boy was curious, is there someone out there who cared for him? Sure he had parents and a house, but none of them made him feel welcomed, they would only negect him, because of his useless dreams as how they call it, his brother was there but the older was distant towards him.

He felt a big part of him was missing, something warm, something safe, something like what you would call home. But when did he ever have a home? That he never knew, Jungkook sat back down onto his seat, the train starting to fill up with busy people, Jungkook looked out the window in his own thoughts. Ever since he was a child he always wanted a place he could call home, where he was accepted for what he is, and not judged, he waited patiently but it didn't come to him, he felt so depressed by then, he believed that no one would ever love him again.

The train started to move and soon the scenario outside was moving as if following Jungkook, the snow continued to snow and coat the ground with clean white and icy snow, he looked up at the light blue colored sky, the clouds up high in the sky, along with the not so visible moon, who seems to be moving along with the train. Jungkook sighed.

Were the clouds happy? Was the sky their home? Jungkook thought, when will my home show up? The poor boy merely felt the tears welling up in his eyes, on the edge of giving up in finding his home, maybe he will never have one, maybe nobody wanted him, he looked down at his own cold hands, they looked pale. He saw a drop of water fall on his hand, there he realized the he was crying, he wiped his tears and shook his head, letting out a deep sigh.

No, I need to be strong! I will find my home

will I?

Jungkook sighed, maybe it wasn't the right time for him, it will come by around he just needs to wait.

But how many more days must I wait?

A snowflake landed on the window of the train in front of Jungkook, the boy stared at the beauty with a small smile, until it flew off and landed in the ground with the rest of the snow, Jungkook smiled, and the train has slowly come to a stop, he stood up as he heard his stop and went outside, people were bustling around, some reuniting with their parents, Jungkook looked lost, he looked everywhere but he guessed, of course his parents wouldn't come, Jungkook frowned.

So much for finding my own home.

"Kookie!" He heard a really loud scream, Jungkook turned his head to see his best friend. Taehyung waving his hands in the air frantically, the others were also there, they ran up to the boy and hugged him, and there Jungkook thought.

I didn't have to look, they are already right beside me, they are my warmth, my sun and moon, my crying shoulder, they are my home.

"Welcome home, Jungkookie" Jin said with a gentle smile, Jungkook gave out a really big smile, Taehyung ruffled the younger's hair with a chuckle, Jungkook felt the happiness inside him bubbling up that it became overwhelming, his tears made its way into his eyes and fell down onto his cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm home"

The members were alarmed as they saw tears falling down the other's face, Jin started wiping his tears while the members crowded Jungkook.

"Aigoo is our baby Kookie crying?"

"Yah! Taehyung hyung stop calling me that!"

"Woah he is crying!"

"He's actually a human!"

"Stop!"

Home doesn't mean the literal way, home is where you feel safe and at peace, and you can find it in the arms of those who truly love you.

--

Words: 737