It's the Little Things

Dear Valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s this?” Baekhyun asked as he sniffed the liquid in Chanyeol’s water bottle.

“Cucumber water,” the younger replied with a smirk, looking up from his phone just in time to see Baekhyun’s face contort into disgust.

Quickly closing the bottle and putting it back on the side table, Baekhyun flopped onto the bed next to Chanyeol. “Gross. How can you even have that in the same room as me? Do you not love me anymore? Am I worthless? Is cucumber better than I am?” he whined overdramatically.

“You’re such a kid,” Chanyeol chuckled deeply and set down his phone. He turned to the shorter and gently brushed back his blonde unruly bangs. “Why didn’t you blow dry your hair? You look like Vivi after Sehun bathes him.”

Baekhyun mirrored Chanyeol’s smile and leaned into his touch, sighing happily. “Too lazy. The noonas can style it tomorrow. Besides, don’t you think I look cute?” He fluttered his eyes and smacked his lips, causing Chanyeol to snort out a laugh.

“You’re always cute, idiot,” the taller replied, snaking his hands under Baekhyun’s robe and undoing the tie.

“Hey, no funny business tonight. We have a rough schedule tomorrow,” Baekhyun chided while letting the robe fall from his shoulders and eventually discarding it onto the floor.

“Blue? Nice,” Chanyeol commented, eyeing Baekhyun’s royal blue boxers that stood out against his porcelain skin. Baekhyun flushed and smacked Chanyeol’s bare chest lightly.

“I was gonna wear the black but it’s a good thing I didn’t or we’d be like those gross matching couples,” he teased, tugging on the waistband of Chanyeol’s boxers. “And yes, I am very well aware that I borrow your clothes but I’m your boyfriend. Boyfriend rights,” he justified.

Chanyeol hummed but said nothing more. They were both exhausted after a third consecutive day of a full schedule with no breaks in between and tomorrow was going to be no different. The life of an idol wasn’t a walk in the park but they somehow managed. They had each other and that was all that mattered, even now when Baekhyun was already dozing off in Chanyeol’s arms, knowing that the other would be up for a while longer due to his insomnia.

“Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day,” Chanyeol eventually commented startling Baekhyun into full consciousness again. Right… he’d totally forgotten about the day after he’d gone shopping with Sehun to buy Chanyeol a gift. Since debuting, Valentine’s Day had never been a grand affair for them. Their constantly demanding schedules always left their celebrations rushed and short but sweet nevertheless.

Sighing, Baekhyun shook his head and looked up at Chanyeol with a tired smile. “We’ll meet each other at the end of the day so I’m sure we can at least have dinner and then nap together.” Realising just how much of an eighty year old couple they sounded like, Baekhyun frowned, causing Chanyeol to chuckle deeply.

“Should I get you a walking stick as a gift then?” he teased his boyfriend playfully.

“Should I get you then?” Baekhyun growled, rolling out of Chanyeol’s embrace and pulling the comforter with him.

“Aw baby! I’m sorry! I was just joking!” Chanyeol whined, rolling over and trying to embrace Baekhyun from behind which ended up in a messy bed and a tangle of tired limbs.

“I hate you,” Baekhyun groaned, feeling the weight of Chanyeol’s lanky and heavy body strewn over him haphazardly. A little bit again and his rib cage would be crushed.

“I’ll love you enough for both of us then, Chanyeol replied enthusiastically, a face-splitting grin outlining his bare face. Baekhyun’s eyes followed the traces of stubble on his lover’s upper lip and chin.

“You better,” he replied with a smile and pecked his lover’s lips before turning off the lights.

 

***

 

Baekhyun woke to an empty bed that looked like it had been through the Cold War. Sighing, he grabbed his phone from the side table and shut off the alarm, sitting up slowly and stretching out the kinks in his back. Eight thirty. Chanyeol had to be at the studio for seven. He’d probably left around half six. Though he’d have prefered that his lover would have woken him up for at least a kiss and a goodbye hug, he knew that the other would have wanted him to have as much sleep as possible so he let it slide this time and began preparing for his day.

The most fantastic part of Chanyeol having his own place was the privacy. Baekhyun had an hour before his manager would come get him so he took his time, making the bed and showering, putting some of his and Chanyeol’s laundry to wash and then finally heading out into the kitchen to either order something or attempt (and fail) at making something for himself. Instant noodles was always an option, something he managed to always keep in stock at the apartment for times like this. However, upon entering the kitchen Baekhyun was surprised to find that breakfast was already made and waiting for him in the form of classic french toast, fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, freshly squeezed orange juice and a side of strawberries and blueberries drizzled in yogurt and honey all topped off with a note stuck to the glass of juice scribbled in Chanyeol’s handwriting, ‘Eat well and enjoy your day aegi’.

Baekhyun flushed and fought down his will to squeal but he was home alone anyways without Chanyeol to . A part of him missed it as he floundered and flailed on the living room couch with each bite he took but another part of him was grateful that he could express his cheesy emotions without his idiot boyfriend bringing it up for the next eighty years.

 

***

“You have three minutes for your wardrobe change.”

“What?” Baekhyun shrieked, about to yank on his perfectly styled hair when the hairdresser slapped his hand away with a comb.“Hell no. It took me fifteen minutes longer to style your hair because someone didn’t blow dry it last night.” She pinned him with a glare that had him mumbling out an apology between layers of fabric. 

It wasn’t his fault that he was late. There was an accident on the road which caused them to stall and if that wasn’t unfateful enough, he’d managed to have his shoot with quite possibly the most impatient and stuck up (though madly talented) photographer in all of South Korea. The man barely acknowledged Baekhyun’s presence as he was shuffled into the studio and to the dressing room. Now, two hours later, with only ‘passable shots’ because ‘your face lacks that captivating quality that even my dog can produce’, Baekhyun was already at his wits end. As the last set of touch ups was completed to his makeup, there was a knock on the door causing him and his entire team to groan.

“I’m coming! Just one more mi- oh…” he stopped mid-scream, clearing his throat awkwardly when another staff member walked in.

“For you,” she smiled and handed him a steaming hot cup of chocolate hazelnut mint macchiato with extra whipped cream and caramel just the way he loved it. His eyes widened because only s and managers knew the precise contents of his favourite coffee drink. Taking a sip, he sighed at the heavenly taste that instantly calmed him down as the creamy warmth settled in his stomach.

“Who is it from?” he questioned the staff shortly after. She simply nodded her head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter