Chapter III

Addicted To Your Love

Sehun was still angry when it started to become dark. The anger of being lectured by a boy, who he wasn’t even sure was his age, was boiling in his stomach like a monster, which wanted to be freed. He had to force himself to keep cool and smoke a few cigarettes instead of demolishing everything near his presence. Sehun always was a kid who tempted to get angry and punch something which was close to him, whether it was an item or a human. As he grew older he gained control over the urge to punch something, but the anger would always be there, lurking in his stomach. He often found escape from the anger in alcohol, drugs and parties, but if those options weren’t available, people did better not to bother him if they didn’t want him to freak out.

 

After he’d run out of cigarettes he decided to go to “Night Spot”, he could use some distraction from the events earlier. While walking through the alleys in direction towards the bar, Sehun chuckled dryly. It was funny, he thought, how the night played its games with him. It plays with his feelings about it, and what he does during it so well. When he was younger, the night would consist of sadness and desperation. He wouldn’t want the night to come and take over, because his problems would all crash over him with no mercy without anything he could distract himself with. Now the night was his escape, his place to forget about the problems he had. Every time he went out, he felt like he owned the night, he could control it, but it’s the exact opposite. The night owned him, controlled him. He desperately waited the whole day until it’d get dark, so he could lose himself on parties, drinking and smoking in the dark. Without realizing it the first months, he started to cling onto the night, never wanting it to end, and after he realized what he’d done, it was too late, because he already was addictedcontrolled by the night, and the things he during its period, the darkness keeping his secrets and actions safe. As much as the night was pure horror for some people, it was both, heaven and hell, for Sehun.

-

When Sehun saw the sign of “Night Spot” he sped up, already looking forward to getting high and wasted. He entered the him familiar bar and strode towards the door leading to the backroom. It was oddly comforting, entering the room and recognizing the him familiar shape of Yixing sitting on one of the couches, while smelling the welcomed mix of weed and alcohol, which was filling the air. The first thing Sehun did was taking the joint out of Yixings lips and letting himself fall into his chair while inhaling deeply, welcoming the feeling of smoke filling his lungs. After he exhaled he passed the joint back to Yixing, who was watching him with an expression, of which Sehun wasn’t really sure what it meant. When the joint was gone, Yixing spoke up. “What happened?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. “How would you know something happened?” he responded instead of answering the question. Before Yixing could respond, the door burst open and Baekhyun walked into the room, followed by a tall, young man, who Sehun recognized as the boy who joined them at lunch and he shot Baekhyun a questioning look, but the smaller ignored it and just started talking: “This is Tao, and he’ll be around here often from now on, so you better treat him right! I have an eye on you!” Tao shyly smiled at the others and flashed him a wide grin when he saw Sehun. Sehun just shrugged it off and continued his smoke.

 

There are times when Sehun is tired of everything. When this happens, he often goes to a park, sits on a bench and watches the people watching by, lost in his thoughts. He wonders what he did to deserve all of this. His broken family. His emptiness. His addictions. When he sits there and watches the people passing by, living their lifes, he wonders whether they have a normal life or a complicated life like he had. He wonders if the woman with the noble cocktail dress is married, or is left alone at home, because she doesn’t have time for something else than her job and her success, if the boy with the skateboard was one of the cool, popular boys ore a lonely kid, which is bullied by others because he doesn’t have rich parents and if the man passing him with an ice cream in his hand and the big smile on his face is really happy, or just pretends to be and is hurting instead. Life isn’t always happy and full of love like in the stories and fairy tales you hear when you’re young, Sehun knew that for a fact. The good doesn’t always fight the bad and not everyone has a happy end. There is nothing like a happy ever after, all those stories are nothing but lies. Many kids believe in them and when reality comes it hits them hard. Most of the kids, rather teenagers when they know, have the strength to carry on, with the help of their friends or parents, but there are also these kids like Sehun, who don’t really have friends, and if they do they don’t want to bother them, and don’t have loving parents. Those kids get destroyed. Those kids are scared for life. By reality.

-

Jongin runs. He always did, he always will. Running away from his problems, that’s what Jongin’s good in. That’s the only thing Jongin’s good in. Whenever a problem came, he’d run away. When he was a kid he’d run in his room and lock it. As he grew older he started to run out of the house, to parties of people he didn’t even know, drowning his problems in alcohol and cigarettes. People would never understand Jongin. He did have friends, he even had some lovers, yet he did always leave. If people only knew what Jongin did experience to be the way he is. But no one knew, because no one asked, no one cared. Their bodies were always present when Jongin needed them, but never their souls. They used him, his body to get what they want. No one ever wanted him to stay because of his being, always his body, his connections. It never was about him and he felt like it never will be.

 

He had moved from the other side to Seoul a few weeks ago, because apparently, he had debts again and didn’t have the money to pay them back. Jongin hoped for a new start once again, even though he knew it would end up like it always did: him leaving his “lover” and his friends behind while moving somewhere else. Even after all those time, after all those places, after all those betrayals he still hoped that someday he’ll find a place where he can live, where he has friends, a real lover and people who actually cared about him and not only wanted his body or connections. Little did he know, he’ll find all this here.

 

Jongin needed the drugs. He was addicted, couldn’t stop taking them. The problem was he didn’t have the money. So he did make debts again. Not much, he did go to a few dealers and made debts, so he wouldn’t have one who would come after him to get it, but all debts together were quite an amount of money. But he did mess with a wrong one. Yongguk and his gang did find out how he plays his games with the debts and are after him, he had to hide from them. They didn’t find him, but he had to be very careful when he wanders through the streets. However, not regarding the problems he had with them he didn’t leave, he stayed. He didn’t know why, but once he didn’t have the urge to run away, but to stay and maybe face his problems. It was new to him and it kind of creeped him out.

 

Since he did need a job someday he did sign up for a high school once again. On his first day he felt everybody stare at him. Rumours about him must’ve been around because many people seemed surprised that he looked like a normal student and not like some drug addicted person. He knew better than going to school like the last punk on the streets, it’d only draw attention and if there was one thing he didn’t need was attention of the whole student’s body when he was running away from Yongguk. Even though he smiled at everyone and maintained friendly, no one spoke to him, until lunch. A group of girls approached him, looking at him curiously. He bowed and greeted them, but they didn’t leave, instead one of them spoke up. “So, you are the new kid? Are you really going to fight Oh Sehun to be the most feared boy in school?” Jongin looked at them, puzzled. “Who is Oh Sehun and why would I fight him?” She looked at him as if he’d grown another nose. “Oh Sehun, bad boy of the school, tall, blonde, icy glare and poker face all the time. People say you want to be the new bad boy and you will fight him.” He looked at her with a neutral expression. So, that’s why people eyed him all day long. They thought he would fight this Oh Sehun, who was apparently feared by all the students. It was very tempting to do so, he had to admit. It would be great to have the respect of all the students, but he knew no one would want to be his friend if he did that, so he just answered: “I didn’t and don’t plan on doing so.” And walked away from them.

 

The rest of Jongins day was spent avoiding Oh Sehun. The other wasn’t difficult to spot, he stood out over the other students because of his height. He dressed like Jongin normally did when he was going out at night, not bothering that everybody could see his tattoos, and not to start talking about the piercings, which he proudly showed off. Jongin could totally understand the other students that they were scared of him, he would be too if he wouldn’t know better. Boys like Oh Sehun were tough, yes, but most of them were broken, shattered in pieces by life experiences, hiding all their pain behind their tough image. However, all those things just made that boy more interesting. Jongin had to admit, he found himself being a little attracted to the boy, after all Oh Sehun surely was handsome. Blonde hair, tall, muscles, sharp jawline, high cheekbones, collarbones and don’t forget about that . Jongin would bet all of his money that most of the girls in this school would kill to have an like Sehun had. It would surely be fun to mess with him, gaining his trust and then break him even more than he always was, but Jongin didn’t approach him, because after what he’s hard he’s pretty sure that Sehun saw Jongin as an opponent on his title, and he didn’t want to fight him, after all he had to show the students he wasn’t like that, picking up fights in every corner, so he kept avoiding him.

 

After school ended Jongin started to walk home, if you could call a little 3 room apartment with not much furniture home. He didn’t come far, when suddenly he was forced to stop in his tracks. When he turned around he stared right into the face of Zelo, one of Yongguks gang members. “So I was right”, the boy said. “It was you!” Zelo turned around. “Yongguk! Himchan! Daehyun! I found him!” It didn’t take the other three long to come and Jongin was forced to stand against the wall. “Tztztz… Jonginnie… Did you really think I wouldn’t find you?” Yongguk asked, while shaking his head slowly. Jongin gave him an icy glare. “Well, with your lack of intelligence I would’ve thought it’d take you longer. Besides, you didn’t find me, Zelo did!” Yongguks expression changed from satisfied into angry within seconds, and Jongin could feel the blood running out of his nose, cause by the punch he had earned himself. “You really think you are in the position to be cheeky kid?” His facial features softened a bit, but still you could see the hardness in them. “That’s how it will go: You give me my money, I’ll leave you alone, got that?” “I already told you, I don’t have it yet, I still….” Before he could finish Haechan suddenly shouted, “Hey! You! off if you don’t want to end like the little here!” Jongin, surprised, looked in the direction Haechan was shouting to, just to see Sehun standing there, handsome as ever with an unlit cigarette in his hand. The other boy wasn’t very intimidated by Haechan, because he slowly approached them. “Don’t talk to me like that” Sehun nearly growled through gritted teeth. Jongin could see the amusement in the eyes of Yongguk and the others. Daehyun laughed, “And what do you want to do against it, little boy?” Sehuns lips curled up in a smirk, as if he was waiting one of them to ask him exactly that question. “Well, what about that?” he asked and punched Zelo, who was standing the nearest to Sehun, right into the face. The boy cried out in pain and surprise as his nose started bleeding. The others were caught off guard, and Jongin saw his chance and kicked Yongguk, who’s turned his back towards him, right into it. The man cringed in the pain the kick caused and fell down, and before Jongin could think of what to do next, he could see the others pulling out their knives and as the men started walking towards them he reacted quick. He took Sehun by his wrist and started running.

 

Jongin ran and ran, without looking back. It would’ve been a lot easier to run away by himself, but he couldn’t just leave Sehun with the Yongguk and the others, they would’ve killed him or taken him hostage to get to Jongin, and he couldn’t risk any of it. Sehun was cursing at him loudly while running, and started to get on Jongins nerves. “Shut the up please, will you?” he told Sehun, annoyed. Surprisingly Sehun did as he was told and kept his mouth shut. After Jongin was sure Daehyun and the others weren’t following them, he stopped. Sehun, behind him, was panting heavily, it was obvious that the latter wasn’t used to run so much. He turned around to face Sehun, just as the said started, “What the –“ but he didn’t let Sehun continue. “What the hell were you thinking?! Picking up a fight with them because they ing told you to off?! Are you out of your ing mind?! Those men aren’t men you should mess with!” he shouted angrily. For a second Sehun seemed to be caught off guard but in the next second he shouted back at Jongin angrily. “Who the are you to tell me what I can do and what not? I know, who I mess with, and I know when I have to run! I don’t need a little kid like you, to take care of me!!! And you can’t be even a little thankful, regarding the fact I probably saved you from being seriously injured, can you?” Sehun took a step forward, so that he stood dangerously close to Jongin, a little bit too close for Jongin. “Watch your mouth, little kid, or you’ll regret it one day!” Sehun hissed, then  he turned around and walked away quickly. Jongin was left standing there, and slowly a smile was finding its way to his lips. “It will be fun to play with you, Oh Sehun!"

 


Sorry, this took a little bit longer but school started again!

I hope you liked it, if you did feel free to subscribe, upvote or comment or just stay silent :P

See you in the next chap