Final

Strawberries and angels


-solar pov 

"Hello? Yes mom. I'm fine, don't worry. Yeah I got the food, thank you it was really delicious mom. No no put him on...hi dad, I'm fine, it's just a common cold, I'll be back to normal by the end of the week, promise. What about you and mum?....I'm sorry I couldn't visit this week...yeah I'll bring the girls with me next time. Oh yeah their parents loves the gifts, they said thank you. Okay I'll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight mum, dad. I love you. Bbyong." My call with my parents ended. 

I smiled. This made all the sweat, betrayal and tears all worth it. Talking to my parents like this. Having the assurance that I'm now able to provide for them. I can finally go to stores with big brand names and pick out a purse or a watch without looking at the price tag and just buy it for my family, friends and my members. The feeling of being able to shower the people I love with stuff was exhilarating. I enjoy it. 

"Oh unnie, what are you doing up?" A voice asks from my doorway. 

"I could ask the same thing Wheein-ah, and I gave you the key to my apartment for emergencies. Are you alright? Is anything wrong? Tell unnie and I'll take care of it.." I rumble on. 

"Unnie everything is perfectly fine. This is an emergency though, you're sick." She says. I raise an eyebrow, questioningly. 

"Well I'm here to take care of you, silly." She confess with a chuckle. 

"Wheein-ah as much as I love being with you and I'm so happy that you want to take care of me but comanie, you'll get sick. So go back to your apartment and rest with your cat." I reasoned. 

"Unnie, doesn't want wheeinie?" I never should have let it slip that her ayego was my kryptonite. 

"You know that's not true, angel..." I walk closer to her but still kept some distance between us. The tip of my pointing finger lifts her chin, bringing her unbelievably adorable pouting face to look at me. Her puppy-eyes had my heart weak. And she knew it. 

"I just don't want you sick." I tell her softly. I wanted nothing more than to grab her and pull her into an embrace, with my arms coiled around her. I wanted to feel the warmth of her gentle breath radiating into my hair and seeping onto the nape of my neck, as her scent creates chaos to my senses. 

"But comanie doesn't care...I just want you...is that so bad?" She knows it isn't. She just wanted it her way. 

"Angel, please-" 

"This is quite hypocritical of you, unnie. When I was sick, I pleaded for you to go home, so that you don't get sick by taking care of me but you won't have any of it. You kissed all the sickness away." 

"I-I just" 

"But here you are, sick but won't let me take care of you. You always take care of us first before yourself, so let me take care of you." Her glowing brown orbs was hypnotic, to say the least. I nod obediently. 

"Great, well I got you some cold medicine, this ginger drink, the lady that the store said that they help boost the immune system and oh mom and I made this chicken soup for you." She says excitedly, rampaging through the plastic bags. 

"Eat with me." I demand. 

After eating the delicious meal, wheein goes off into my room. 'What is she doing now?' I thought absently as I clean up. 

"Ta-da!!" The bundle of joy jumps out of my room, wearing her PJs. 

"Wheein-ah.." 

"No. I'm staying whether you like it not." She ends my protest with arms crossed. 

This reminds of the time of when we just became close. It was after a long day of rehearsal, everyone was exhausted from all the preparation for our debut stage. Hyejinie and byul-ah were dying to go home and rest, so I gave them the OK, wheein however stayed behind. 
"Wheein-ah don't you want to go rest with them?" I ask. 

"What about unnie?" She counters. 

"No not yet, I want to practice a bit more. I look a bit too stiff in some parts." I answered. 

"Well I'm staying to keep unnie company and plus I can monitor you and give you feedback." She smiles at her logic. 

"Alright alright, but tell me when you're tired and we'll go home." I tell her. She nods, energetically. 

After an hours or so, I notice wheein had stop pointing things out and I stopped dancing, only to find a sleeping angel, leaning restlessly against the wall in the corner of our dance room. The room was lit from only 1 bulb so it was pretty dim. The atmosphere was quite soothing so it was understandable as to why the beauty fell asleep, and with the added tiredness, she's bound to fall under the sleeping spell. 

I crouch down in front of her and smiled. Her hair was still in a loose mid-tie with some strands falling out here and there and her cute fringe was slightly messy but nevertheless wheein was still undeniably the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Her face covered with a small blush, and rosy lips parting ever-so-slight. I feel my heart flutter as I continue to observe the sleeping angel. 

"Wheein-ah?" I gently caress her smooth cheek to wake her up. No response. 

"Wheein, sweetie wake up" I tried but she only groan in return. 

I chuckle, and mumble to myself a "guess I'll have to carry you home then". 

After getting wheein on my back and making sure to turn off everything, I head out of the company. Thankfully the night wasn't cold or hot just at the perfect temperature. 

"Strawberry-jam unnie stay with wheeinie.." the sleeping beauty on my back starts to mumble in her distress sleep, after 5mins. I blush at her words. 

"Don't worry sweetheart, unnie is here." I cooed quietly.
She adjusts her head on my shoulder, now facing towards my neck. Her cute button nose snuggle the bare of my neck. I shivered at the new sensation. 

'You're slowly but surely driving me crazy, angel.' I thought. 

"No unnie get the strawberry ice cream...cause you're my strawberry-jam unnie." Her sleep talking continues. 

When we finally reached home, byul and hyejin-ah were already passed out in the living room, snuggling with one another under one of our large blankets, with the movie still rolling. Quietly and carefully I tiptoed my way around the two sleeping mess and into byul and wheein's room, with wheein still on my back. 

Cautiously I lay wheein down onto her bed, being extra careful as to not wake her up. I tug her in and was just going to get off her bed when her hands bolted out to grab my arm, anchoring me in place. 

"Unnie stay with me, please..." she pleads and this time I wasn't sure if she was just sleep talking again or has she woken up a bit but is still sleep-drowsy. I didn't care. 

"Of course. Sleep angel, strawberry-jam unnie is here." I whispered. 

I lay there, on my back with wheein snuggling close to me. Her head screwed into the crook of my neck and an arm thrown casually over my stomach, with a leg tangled between mine. 

"Strawberry-jam unnie is really pretty.." she breathes out with the words. 

That night was the best sleep I ever had. 

"Unnie lets go sleep." The forever adorable angel commands, taking my wrist in her small hands and dragging me into my room. 

We settle on my queen-sized bed, effortlessly and assembled a similar positioning. Her head resting on my chest and my arm wrapped her shoulder, with her arms and legs covering me, we sleep. 

She hit slumber first. 

"My strawberry-jam is the best.." her sleep talking begins and my smile grows. 

"My angel is better than the best." I whisper. Over the years I learned that you can actually talk to a sleep talker but only when they are in deep sleep. 

"No one is better than my strawberry-jam unnie." Sleeping wheein argues. 

"Wheein is better, because she's perfect." I counter. 

It was an hour later when she sleep talked again. 

"Strawberry unnie, I love you..." her voice just above a whisper. 

"And I love you, my wheein angel..." I respond. 

I finally let sleep conquer my conscience-mind, paralyse my body and lure me into the realm of 'the impossibles'.