fin.

I’m trying (to laugh)

"Oh, god, Chanyeol I liked a picture from three months ago — Delete it? Oh. He's online. He just posted a new a picture three seconds ago."

“He knows.”

-

Oh Sehun snorted from his spot on the back of his class as he watches the retweets on his recent tweet rapidly rise up. It had taken him hours to think of the perfect caption, compress it into the measly maximum Twitter word count and crop the picture of Donald Trump and Kermit the Frog into perfection. It obviously paid off, as the retweets on his post quickly rose into the thousands. He squinted at his follower count, he was so close to his goal follower count. 

“Sehun?” A voice beside him called out. Chanyeol, his proclaimed best friend who, on multiple occasions, tried to ride onto his Twitter fame, in attempt to build his tragic, tragic following poked him a couple of times. Sehun tended to passive aggressively rebut by posting embarrassing pics of Chanyeol on his twitter and tagging Chanyeol’s not so oblivious crush, Baekhyun in the comments.

Sehun whipped his head back at his best friend after a particularly sharp jab at his side by Chanyeol’s fingers, “Ow - What?”

“Say hi to my Instagram followers!” Chanyeol sings out with a lilt as he plops his elbow onto the table in front of them. Sehun frowns at him then shields his face away from the cameras, “Ooh. Kim Jongin joined the live chat!”

Sehun’s eyes lighten up, “Live chat?” He quirks his head to the side, then snatches Chanyeol’s phone deftly from his hands despite his outcry, “Instagram has livestreams?”

“Guys, as you know, this is Oh Sehun; the proclaimed ‘meme king’ of our campus -” Sehun squints at his friend’s phone then ends the live stream. “Sehun! I wanted to name drop you for at least a few more minutes…”

“Oops.” Sehun stares at the phone then thinks about how he was only a few thousand followers away from his dream. He could recall one of his mutuals telling him that live streams really were all the rage, nowadays. “Huh, Chanyeol. I think I might be making an Instagram account soon.”

-

Sehun fell deep into the depths of Instagram, very, very quickly. He’s found the perfect platform to post pictures of his adorable dog, Vivi. Unlike in Twitter where no one would retweet his photos and ignore his fame-destined puppy, Sehun was always sure to get the same amount of likes on every photo. 

Because, hello? Posting a picture and only getting 5 retweets in comparison to your vast amount of followers was the same thing as performing to an audience and getting only one person clapping as applause. Sehun (and by extension, Vivi) never wanted one person clapping; he only put up with standing ovations.

He glanced at Vivi then peeked at his phone. Someone recently commented on his new post, a video of him showing off Vivi’s new tricks in front of his university. There’s a comment from Chanyeol on it. @kimjongin I see uuuu

Sehun ignored it, but a few seconds after, contemplated deleting it off his picture. Vivi deserves only comments related to her on her posts, in Sehun’s opinion. He decided against it, and instead clicked on this so called Kim Jongin’s profile.

Wow. That’s a lot of followers. He wrinkles his nose, what does this guy have that makes him have almost five times the amount of followers Sehun has? Sehun tentatively clicked on the scrolling view and swiped his fingers down Jongin’s feed. 

His eyes widened at each photo that got progressively and progressively and more hot than the last. Okay, he’d admit that he was pretty attractive. 

When he went to take a sip of the bubble tea sitting on his bedside, he literally almost choked on a tapioca pearl as a photo that showcased Kim Jongin and his glorious chocolate abs. In this picture, Jongin looked incredibly bored with life as he peered up from the side of a pool to the camera, but his gaze - oh my god that gaze why was Sehun’s stomach starting to hurt all of a sudden?

Sehun quickly double tapped out of Instagram and swiped Instagram out of use. He dropped his phone onto his comforter, why did he suddenly feel so guilty? 

Wasn’t it a sin to look that good? Sehun grabbed his phone then navigated back to the comment section of his Vivi post. 

When he went back and clicked back on the sinfully delicious guilty pleasure that was Jongin’s profile, he subconsciously clicked the blue follow button.

Just for good measure.

-

Jongin is taking extra- selfies of himself on Snapchat as he sips on the disgusting detox tea (that really didn’t do anything except make him a ton) that he’d been endorsing for a while now as he noticed a notification popping up from the top of his phone. Oh Sehun 🍑 is now following you.

Jongin glances at the notification for a second then swipes up to hide it, taking another long sip of his warm, hot tea.

-

Sehun interrogates Chanyeol over a healthy lunch of bubble tea and bubble waffles on his information on this so called “Kim Jongin” 

“He's just some hot guy I met when I joined Baekhyun for a dance workshop.” Sehun zones out as Chanyeol rambled about how terrible his gangly limbs were when it came to dancing compared to ‘that er Zhang Yixing who Baekhyun draped himself over.’ He could care less about his best friend’s tragic pining over the manwhore that was Byun Baekhyun, and instead thought about Kim Jongin dancing.

Hot.

Sweaty.

Jongin.

Dancing.

He stared down at the not so subtle bulge (he was blessed, he had to admit) that poked out of his grey sweats then preemptively slurped half of his Taro Bubble Tea in one go. He was so going to hell.

Chanyeol finally shut up about Baekhyun then started to divulge the information he knew about Jongin. Sehun leans his head on his hand as the nibbles on a waffle and learns more about him. The apparent dance major at his university who was a part-time model. He snorted when Chanyeol said his agency was Instagram but then promptly shut up at the amount of money Jongin apparently cashed in by posting pictures of overpriced tea, face masks and protein powder.

Sehun takes out his phone and begins to look through Jongin’s profile (as much as he hates to admit, he has been doing quite often the past few days at night) as Chanyeol acts as a little informant, scrolling through Jongin’s Instagram. He paused to zoom in one one photo (from three months ago) when he accidentally clicks on the white heart on the corner of a photo.

What what what what what what. Was this against Instagram etiquette? Of course it was against Instagram etiquette, Sehun, if you like a picture from three months ago that just shows how much of a stalker you are. He squints at his phone then groans loudly and started kicking Chanyeol’s shins.

"Oh, god, Chanyeol I accidentally liked a picture from three months ago.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Stalker, much? At least I can delete it.” He picked Sehun’s phone out of his hands despite his nervous outcry of Sehun then stares at the picture, “Oh, that's a pretty hot picture though.” He stares hardly at his picture then chuckles as a ding resonates from Sehun’s phone, “You push notifications for his new photos? You're such a creep.”

“Did he just post a picture a few seconds ago?” Sehun blandly states the question as blood rushes to his ears, face and nose.

“He knows. No point in unliking it now.” Chanyeol held down on a recent notification then showed it in a somewhat smug manner to Sehun, “Kim Jongin is now following you.”

-

That night, Sehun took a mirror selfie in Kim Jongin-esque fashion then takes over half an hour figuring out the perfect VSCO filter.

He uploaded it with what he hopes to be an attractive and aloof caption and not so discreetly hopes that Jongin will see it. 

(He also hates to admit it, but he may have had naughty thoughts of Jongin’s dancer body and plump lips as he did his routinely before he went to sleep.)

The next morning he grinned at his risen follower count (probably some of Jongin’s fangirls saw that he had followed Sehun) but deflated haphazardly when he couldn't find the notification that was supposed to say Jongin liked his photo.

It’s okay, Sehun tells himself. Jongin just probably didn’t see it.

He frowns when he sees three new endorsements on his crush’s page and the constant reminder that Jongin was one of those people who followed only like fifty people.

-

Chanyeol barreled into the third dance class of his workshop (that thank god, would be ending soon) that day with a happy skip. He had awoken early and had gotten a chance to make himself a nice breakfast and on his way here, had smelled the tacky flowers that the dance teacher situated outside of his room.

This was it.

This was the day he was gonna ask Baekhyun to be his Valentine.

He sported the happiest grin ever on his face as he scanned around for Baekhyun - Oh. Byun Baekhyun, his proclaimed love of his life was sitting his head on Yixing’s lap.

Chanyeol grumbled then flopped into a sitting position beside Jongin who sat near the entrance of the door while scrolling through his phone.

“Hi, Jongin.” Chanyeol greeted, a sad sigh escaping his mouth.

Jongin looked up then flitted his gaze towards Baekhyun and Yixing in the corner then at Chanyeol who looked at them with what could only be described as a kicked puppy. Jongin rolled his eyes as Chanyeol looked at him expectantly, probably waiting for Jongin to ask him what was wrong. “Hey.” Jongin didn’t feel like humoring him today. He was sure it was almost common knowledge by now that Yixing was straight and Baekhyun just happened to act gay with everyone.

Chanyeol pouts even further when Jongin doesn’t take any action to ask him what was wrong or comfort his broken heart, then takes out his phone. They both sit in comfortable silence as Chanyeol scrolled through his Twitter. He chuckled at a recent post of Sehun that featured a Kpop group known for their crazy Twitter stans then looks over at Jongin, “Hey. Don’t you know my best friend, Sehun?”

Jongin turned over and rolls his eyes, “The ‘Twitter meme king’ of our campus, right?” Jongin snorts at him as he refers to Sehun’s cringy as hell Instagram bio, “I guess so. I’m pretty sure he stalked me on Instagram a few days ago.”

Chanyeol’s eyes light up for a few seconds, he subtly switches over from his Twitter app to his Instagram app then looks at Jongin with a chuckle. “Mhm.” He thinks back to Sehun complaining to him on Snapchat how Jongin didn’t like his recent post the recent morning, “Did you by any chance see his recent post?”

Jongin nodded back at him, “Yeah.” He crosses his arms then lets out a huff, “What a dickhead.” Chanyeol’s eyes widen slightly but he hums back in response. If he wasn’t getting Baekhyun this Valentine’s then Sehun surely wasn’t getting the guy who he liked purely for his selfies.

“Why?”

“He posted that selfie to make fun of me and mock me, right?” Jongin scrunches his nose, “As if him posting cringe-y memes of Donald Trump and Tana Mongeau makes him any better than me.”

Oh Sehun 🍑 has joined the live chat.

“Twitter trash.” Jongin hums for a few seconds. Chanyeol doesn’t have that much followers so the only noteworthy things in his live chat’s comments were just a bunch of “LOLs” and “lmaos”

Chanyeol noticed Sehun didn’t say anything though.

“He seems like such a dumb, privileged Asian kid.” Jongin continues to blab, “Does he even know about politics or does he just insult Trump for the followers?” 

Chanyeol notices how the people in his live chat begin to leave, Jongin’s endless blabbering was starting to get boring

“His fans are all probably 12-year old girls obsessed with ,” Jongin continues to insult Sehun without much care in the world, “They surely got hella annoying on my page once they realized we went to the same university.” He snorts, “As if.”

Oh Sehun 🍑 has left the chat.

-

Sehun begins to post a lot more posts of him mocking Jongin. He starts taking pictures with iced tea and reaping about it’s benefits while taking mirror selfies. Somehow, this had caused his follower count on both his Instagram and Twitter to rise (he was pretty attractive if he did say so himself, he just preferred to be more of an annoying netizen) but after hearing Jongin’s outburst, he really just wanted to rile him up.

I wonder if Jongin is into angry makeup when he gets riled up.

Sehun takes a provocative photo with orange juice then quickly posted it, along with a overly-cringey caption. He’s grinned at the cackling at the comment, but more importantly he wonders if Kai is scrolling through his feed and looking at his photo.

He was being a huge , but maybe Jongin would notice how hot he was under that meme king exterior… right?

-

To be honest, the not so subtle love-hate relationship between Instagram model Kim Jongin and Twitter star Oh Sehun had given both of them boosts in their followers. Jongin rolls his eyes at the comments in his recent protein bar post mentioning the annoying Sehun.

Jongin frowns at Sehun’s recent constant spam of mocking him and fellow Instagram models, Donald Trump and complaining that Beyonce was robbed at the Grammy’s. He clicks unfollow.

-

Sehun downloaded Insta Track not too long ago, so he flops onto Chanyeol’s bed and lets out a big sigh as he clicks on it. He looks up at Chanyeol who is currently snuggling Baekhyun into his bed covers and lets out a big groan.

“Should I even ask?” Baekhyun teases as he looks down curiously at Sehun.

“Should I even open this app?” Sehun pouts softly then clicks on Lost Followers. Chanyeol takes this time to open up another live chat on his phone, while Sehun had slightly blown up on Instagram for his good looks and funniness, Chanyeol took this time to post more pictures of them being “best friends.” Chanyeol always basks in the pride of people telling them how they’re the most good looking pair of best friends ever. He also swells with even more pride when Sehun’s thirsty followers follow him too.

“He unfollowed me. A day ago.” Sehun sighs out, pain evident in his voice as he grabs the blanket off of both of Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s body and burrows himself deep into the depths of sadness.

“If you liked him so much, why would you keep on posting so many pictures mocking him?”

Sehun whined then kicked his feet into the comforters, “I don’t know?” He cried out sadly, “He’s just really hot and I got so offended when he talked about me on your live chat!” Vivi decides then to jump on the bed. It truly, truly was a dark and terrible time for Sehun. Even the the reassuring cuddling and of Vivi wasn't enough to cheer him up.

“Why don’t you go talk to him about it?”

Chanyeol snickered at his phone.

Kim Jongin has joined the chat.

“What am I supposed to say? I’m sorry for being such a passive aggressive I actually think you’re really hot and I actually made those posts to get your attention not mock you?” Sehun groaned even louder, “He has such nice abs.”

He looks up at Baekhyun then whimpered, “I want to his abs.” He scoops Vivi into his arms and sobs into her body, her soft, white fur muffling his cries of sadness and anguish.

Chanyeol’s live chat begins to blow up with a bunch of loyal Sehun fans saying they’ve been saving the video the whole time and have actually screenshotted a ton. He chuckles at the people in the comments agreeing that they’d also like to Kim Jongin’s abs. He can already see the mess that’ll happen on Twitter, but all he cares about is his new OTP of Sekai. Now that he and Baekhyun were happily together and would way in another have each other's babies, he felt particularly kind and full of rainbows. Chanyeol types into his keyboard, “Did you hear that? @kimjongin”

-

Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun's love story had turned into a bit of a campus romantic comedy.

Sehun tried to milk all of it's worth (and it resulted in a not so surprising spike in his follower count).

Jongin didn't find it humorous, however,

-

It’s the day before Valentine’s Day and Sehun goes downstairs, half-awake to wash his clothes. He dumps his clothes into the dorm room washer then goes back upstairs to wash up.

When he crawls back to the laundry room he wrinkles his eyebrows his clothes in the dryer. He didn’t put his clothes in the dryer, did he? Sehun scratches his head for a few moments then decides that he was probably so sleepy that he had forgotten.

That still made no logical sense because wasn’t he just in the bathroom for half an hour? But whatever. Sehun flops into the tacky plastic chair beside the washer and takes out his phone. When the dryer pauses, hinting that his clothes were done, he climbs out of the chair then leans down to open the dryer. He scrunches his nose with confusion as he picks out clothes that obviously aren’t his out of the dryer, these were far too athletic for him to even think of wearing.

He sticks out his bum as he instead just grabs all of the clothes in the dryer then dumps them into the nearby ironing board. These definitely aren’t his. He looks up at the door that creaks open then almost has a heart attack.

Kim.

Jongin.

Is.

Here.

Abort, abort, abort.

Sehun looked at his clothes on the ironing board, but he really needed some clean clothes. “Oh. Um. Hi.” It sounds just a little bit too forceful.

Jongin narrowed his eyes at him then crossed his toned arms across his chest, “Hey.” Sehun started to sweat. Why was it so hot all of a sudden?

Jongin had recently dyed his hair, he noticed. It was blonde not too long ago, but now he sported a much more natural brown. He liked this more than the blonde hair. Who was he kidding? Jongin could probably wear dreads and still look good.

“I think, um, my clothes got mixed up with someone’s.”

“Ah.” Jongin smirks at him, “I think I’m that someone.”

Sehun blanks, “Oh. Well, you could help me sort these clothes out, I guess?” He snorts quietly, “Well, you should. You’re probably the one that got them mixed up in the first place.”

Jongin shook his head back, “No.” He quirks his head to the side, in such a cute fashion that it makes Sehun’s brain short-circuit, “I just left my basket of clothes waiting for you.”

Sehun shifted awkwardly to the side, “Whatever.” He huffs then begins picking clothes out of the pile into his basket.

Then stand in awkward silence as Jongin finally takes the initiative to get his clothes out. Sehun blushes at the sight of briefs with lace on them then haphazardly throws them back into the pile.

“I’m sorry, for talking about you on that live chat. I genuinely thought you were mocking me.” Jongin speaks up after an awfully awkward five minutes of nothing but the sound of clothes being moved around.

Sehun shrugs, “I’m sorry, too...” It comes off as a bit forceful, “Yeah. I’m sorry.”

“Can we…” Jongin looks up, and the only thing that Sehun can compare Jongin’s face to is a child scared of rejection, “Start over, maybe?”

“Oh.” Sehun snorts quietly, “Sure. It’s not like we ever talked in real life before anyway.”

A slightly relieved smile graces upon Jongin’s face. He was actually a lot more nicer than Sehun imagined him to be.

“I’m Oh Sehun.” Sehun holds out his hand to Jongin with what he hopes to be a casual smile.

Jongin grins back at him, “Kim Jongin.” His phone begins to ding and he looks down on it, “Oh. Shoot. I got to go.”

Sehun hummed in understanding before he pushed the last of Jongin’s briefs into his basket, “Bye. Nice meeting you.” Jongin nodded at him before walking out of the laundry room. He has nice thighs too, Sehun noticed.

He looked down at his phone.

Kim Jongin started following you.

-

Sehun had apparently missed a live video of Chanyeol’s around the same time his laundry had gotten mixed up. He didn’t pay much mind to it, nor did he seem particularly fazed Chanyeol’s smug face as he came home with two Taro slush bubble teas. Something they only bought when one of them was in a congratulatory mood. 

He was too busy dm-ing Jongin to care.

tbc.

-

captain sekai fic rec.

to captainamerikai (click)