Final.

I Like You Cherry Much
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t listen to them, they’re always  trying to embarrass me,” Sehun sighed as he shook his head, hoping the other would brush what they had said off. Baekhyun laughed and nodded his head and Sehun had a passing thought that he wouldn’t mind hearing that laugh everyday.

They made their way through the hallways pointedly ignoring the couples kissing against the lockers and glancing at clusters of friends laughing with each other outside classroom doors.

“Ah, here’s the library.”

Sehun held the door open for shorter who shot him a quick smile and a ‘thank you’ before walking in.

Baekhyun glanced around as he took in his surroundings  before approaching the front desk where the librarian handed him his textbooks and welcomed him to the school with a kind smile.

Thanking her, Baekhyun grabbed his textbooks but found himself struggling to carry all of them at once.

“Here, let me help,” Sehun offered and before Baekhyun could even accept his help, Sehun grabbed the three heaviest books out of the other’s hands. Baekhyun gave him a thankful smile, and the taller hoped Baekhyun didn’t notice how flustered he suddenly became.

They chatted about trivial topics as they headed to Baekhyun’s locker, Sehun began to talk about his role on student council which caught Baekhyun’s attention.

“So is it fun being in student council?”

The taller shrugged, “I wouldn’t call it fun...I never really wanted to join in the first place, Jongin made me kinda forced me to.”

“Really? How come?” the shorter chuckled.

“He has a huge crush on the president, Junmyeon. He figured joining would give him a better chance at getting close to him and he didn’t wanna do it alone so he signed me up too.”

Baekhyun laughed a little loud, earning him a few side eye glances from students passing him in the hall. He quickly clamped his lips closed, amusement still on his face.

“That’s so cute of him,” he said, “So has anything happened between the two of them?”

Sehun shook his head. “Nope...But I hope something does soon or else me joining would’ve been for nothing.” Though after saying that phrase out loud, it occurred to him that if he hadn’t joined he would have never had a chance to talk to Baekhyun, so he was glad something good came out of it.

 

 

          *****

 

 

Jongin obviously noticed that his best friend had been trying to avoid him all day to avoid talking about a certain new student. Sehun wasn’t exactly being subtle by the way he almost ran out of their government class when the bell rang.

However, they walked home together everyday after school and he knew Sehun wouldn’t be able to avoid him then, though it didn’t stop the other from trying. Jongin practically had to hunt him down after school, eventually finding him out the front gates of the school already.

“Trying to leave without me?” Jongin shouted at his friend as he caught up to him. Sehun gulped as he tried to avoid eye contact and Jongin quirked a brow.

“Of course not.” Jongin simply smirked and lightly punched Sehun’s arm before falling in line with his steps. They walked together side by side in silence as cars passed by on the quiet street of their neighborhood.

“So,” Jongin started.

“What?” Sehun asked cautiously.

“You like Baekhyun right?” Jongin smirked.

Sehun  scoffed as he turned away to break eye contact,“What are you talking about?”.

The other rolled his eyes as he exhaling deeply. Jongin didn’t know why he expected Sehun to confess so easily. They’ve known each other since they were kids and Sehun’s always been stubborn. About everything.

“Come on dude, we all know.”

“What do you mean you all know?” Sehun asked, frustration evident in his voice.

“Seriously? I mean all the guys noticed you were acting weird. Since when did you ever offer to help anyone?”

“What is that suppose to mean? I can be nice if I wanted to,” the blonde huffed, “And that’s besides the point, I don’t like him. I just think he’s cute that’s all.”

Jongin wondered how after all these years he still hasn’t managed to hurt Sehun for his reluctance to admit anything, but he dropped the topic anyways.

 

*****

 

Sehun tried to suppress the slight feeling of irritation as he watched Chanyeol blatantly flirt with a certain brunnette at the locker across from him.

Considering that Chanyeol was his friend, Sehun tried to shrug it off; it wasn’t like he was doing anything wrong. It’s not like Baekhyun was his or anything, yet he still felt a slight sense possessiveness towards the new student even if he didn’t want to admit to himself.

He was annoyed at himself for even feeling that way in the first place. He didn’t even realize he was practically glaring at the two until Kris said something.

“Dude calm down, you’re crumpling up the stats homework we have to turn in today. I bet Baekhyun’s too oblivious to even notice Yeol’s lame attempts at flirting,” the taller reassured.

The other quickly loosened his grip on the paper in his hand and tore his eyes off of the other two, instead turning his attention to stuffing his books into his locker.

“What are you talking about?” Sehun scoffed, “I’m fine.”

Kris chuckled, “Jongin’s right, you are hardheaded.”

The other rolled his eyes, slamming his locker close before walking to his next class.

 

*****

It was another hot afternoon in the stuffy classroom of the student council. Sehun and the others sat on the floor near the window making posters for the upcoming blood drive at school.

It had been a couple weeks since Baekhyun got here and he was settling down in all his classes and making friends.

He and Sehun occasionally saw each other around, often exchanging smiles as they passed each other in the hallway and Sehun hated how he always felt a light fluttery feeling in his chest whenever the other smiled at him.

Chanyeol still continued to flirt with Baekhyun and the longer the flirtations went on, the harder Sehun tried to convince himself that Baekhyun would probably never respond to his friend’s bad flirting anyway.

On this particular day, however he was hit with news he never would have expected to hear.

 

 

“Wait what?” he asked, stopping his coloring.

“I said, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun out,” Jongin repeated.

There it was, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter