Glory Days

We are a family

Sojung remembered that during their debut, all of them knew they wouldn't win at music shows. They were from a small company, they were new and had no experience. 

During "Me gustas tu" era they had more hopes after all their hard work but as the weeks went by they decided just to have fun during promotions and work even harder for the next comeback. 

 

And so they did, they all improved their vocal skills, they practiced their dance until perfection for Rough era, but still winning was something they didn't feel that is was going to happen soon. 

 

160202 - The Show

 

Yerin was the Mc of the program at that time, so she arrived earlier than the girls. The other 5 girls were their loud selves in the van on their way to the building until Sinb asked 

 

"Do you guys think that we are going to win today?"- she said awfully serious, everybody was quiet. 

 

"I don't know Eunbi-ah, maybe today will be our day"-said the other Eunbi while taking the hand of the girl sitting besides her. Eunha knew how hard the other girl had worked and that if she didn't get a reward she was probably going to overwork herself trying to get it at the next show. 

 

Eunha remembered when she was 10 and Eunbi was 9, they were in the same dance team, they were so close to each other that they usually were dance partners. Sinb was a stubborn girl, she has always been, but when she was younger it was worst, she usually argued that they needed to practice more and the choreographer had to explain to her that they had done enough. But it was never enough for the perfectionist girl. 

 

Once they had a competition against other dance teams , they made it to the finals only to lose against another team. Everyone was heartbroken, but Sinb remained strong and later told her Eunbi unnie that she was going to work harder for the team so they dont lose again because she hated to see everyone sad, and that they were going to win the next time. Sinb did cry that day, while hiding at the studio bathroom, where Eunha found her and hugged her until she was calm, they kept it a secret though because the younger Eunbi didn't wanted to look weak. At the next competition they did won, everyone made an effort and trained hard inspired by the young girl's persistence. 

 

Eunha never forgot about it, and now she understood that Sinb wanted to win at music shows because she wanted her members to be happy and to everyone to see how talented they are. 

 

"Maybe it will be our day unnie"- said Sinb after a long pause and giving Eunha's hand a squeeze. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

"The voting is over, lets see the results" - said Yerin as the Mc. She was wearing a red dress and she looked beautiful. She stood next to her members while the screen showed the counted votes. 

 

8044, total votes. 

 

"And the winner is...Gfriend Congratulations!!!"- said the male Mc as Yerin couldn't speak. Confetti flew everywhere as all the other groups at the stage started clapping. 

 

Everyone's reaction was different, but none of the girls could believe what they heard. 

 

Sinb and Sowon looked at the Mc like he had just told a joke. Sowon smiled so big, she was so proud. We won, we actually won. Then she started tearing up, but she needed to give her speech. Oh god, the speech. She had practiced her speech so many times but now that they actually won, she couldn't speak properly

 

Umji was so surprised she just clapped, the looked at Eunha who was on her right and then at Sinb on her left. Sinb had some tears in her eyes and the sight made Umji break into tears as she hugged Sinb and covered her eyes with her hand. 

 

Yuju cried almost immediately, she couldn't help it. Eunha, who was the only one not crying, noticed the other girl and hugged her. 

 

Yerin was stuck in between laughing and crying, she was covering her face and looking at Sowon, who was trying to thank everyone at the company. She had to finish her job as the Mc with a shaky voice. 

 

Rough started playing as everyone congratulated the girls before going off the stage. Yerin proudly showed the trophy and then gave it to Sinb, who was waving and moving aroud. Meanwhile Yuju was crying in Sowon's  arms "we won unnie! Congratulations"

 

Yerin tried to do a group hug but failed. "Well do it later"- said Sowon when she noticed the girl's intention. 

 

Sinb was trying not to cry but when she saw both her unnies Sowon and Yerin crying she couldn't hold it in and when Yerin hugged her, they cried together. 

 

"We did unnie, we actually won"-she said while crying, but Sinb being Sinb, she didn't like to cry or look weak so when the chorus ended she danced to avoid crying. 

 

"Thank you, Buddy!"- Sowon kept saying, and she signaled the girls to do a 큰절(deep bow). They all did, showing how thankful they were. Yerin and Yuju, who were just hugging, were the last ones to bow. 

 

Eunha didn't know what do to with all her members crying, after bowing, she rushed to hug Yerin and then Umji, who were still openly crying. And then she saw that the little Eunbi was trying not to cry again and laughed a little bit as she hugged her. She remembered all those times that Sinb had said "i won't cry in front of the fans" and now there she was, crying in front of the fans. 

 

Sowon noticed this too and hugged the young girl. "You deserve it, Sinb-ah, you've worked hard". They have all worked hard, and this trophy was an incentive to keep going. 

 

Umji was still in the same spot, crying but frozen. She was so happy, ahe was so proud of them. She had always imagined how it would feel to win, but her imagination was far from reality. She looked at the fans who were cheering passionately and she knew it was all because of them. 

 

Yuju was still crying too, after all those years of thinking she wasn't enough, after only hearing "no" from agencies, after everything they went through, they won. Now she was in a team, where they love her and appreciate her.  She hugged Sinb, who was still trying to calm down and said "congratulations". 

 

Sowon saw Yerin was crying alone and hugged her "congratulations So-leader" said Yerin making the older girl laugh. 

 

Sinb who was back at her normal self started dancing again and of course the other Eunbi joined the dance. 

 

When the song was almost over, the only member who hadn't cried, Eunha, started crying very loudly. They all joined in a group hug and left the stage. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

The girls were in their van on their way to the dorm, Sowon and Yerin were talking about how Yerin had danced in heels for the rehearsals, Yuju and Umji were almost asleep and Eunha was playing games on her phone. Sinb was watching the video of them winning, she couldn't believe it yet...she had cried in front of the fans. When the video ended, she watched it again and noticed something 

 

"YA! You laughed at me!"- she said while punching Eunha's arm. Everyone turned to look at the girls at the back of the van. Eunha, who was very confused, quickly understood what the other girl was talking about and laughed while touching her arm where Sinb had hit her. 

 

"Ya! don't laugh!"- Sinb was going to punch again but stopped when she heard "Hwang Eunbi!" she looked at Sowon who was giving her a dont you dare look. "But unnie! She is laughing at me" she said with a pout as she crossed her arms. Yuju placed a hand on the angry girl's knee and said "it's ok Sinb-ah, you can for her loud crying" this made Eunha stop laughing, she looked at Yuju and pouted making all the girls laugh. 

 

Sowon saw that Sinb took Eunha's hand and smiled at her unnie. She signed,this kid, she was sure that Sinb was going to tease Eunha for a while and she would have to stop the young girl from doing it. 

 

"Do you think we are ever going to win again, Unnie?"- Umji asked her while looking at the trophy they just won in her lap. 

 

"Maybe"- she really hoped they would. 

 

And they did! 15 more trophies for Gfriend during Rough era. Evey time they won they couldn't believe it was real. After winning the last trophy Sowon gathered all the girls at the dance practice and she told them she  was so proud of every single one of them, they had all worked hard and because of that they have won, she thanked them for being in the team and giving all the could to improve. She finished telling them she loved them in tears. She was hugged by 5 crying but smiling girls. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

Sorry im late! But when i was about to upload this Gfriend released the teaser for Fingertip MV and i got distracted. 

I wrote a One-shot called Be my friend, its about  Sinb and Yerin but is an AU story you can tead it if you want  

Hope you liked it! Remember that You can request things! If you have an idea for a One-shot you can do it too! My Twitter is @javilovatic if you want to request but dont have an account here. -Javi