Drabble

Red and Warm

"So, how was it?" 

 

The loud voice from behind startled him and Baekhyun turned properly to look at the seat next to his, not surprised to find Chanyeol who had just plopped down next to him and was already settling in his seat as comfortably as he could. His long legs rarely fitted in the cramped space offered by airplanes and Baekhyun knew from years of experience that in less than an hour, Chanyeol would already be whining about the pain in his legs and going around asking for a massage to each member. 

 

Baekhyun didn’t have that kind of problem and for once, he was glad of his short height for that. However, he did have a problem right now and he was struggling more than necessary as he tried taking off the big red coat that Chanyeol had let him borrow in the airport because it was in the middle of the night when they reached it and it was so cold. It was really comfortable and really warm, Baekhyun had the habit of borrowing Chanyeol’s clothes because he likes wearing oversized things but he didn’t think that any of Chanyeol’s clothes was as comfortable as this coat. It was long, bulky, and really big even for Chanyeol himself so Baekhyun felt kind of swallowed by it but it was still really warm so he was planning to steal it from Chanyeol as often as possible. Not that the other would mind since his first words when he gave it to Baekhyun and let him wear it were that Baekhyun looked really adorable with it and Chanyeol himself had said in the airport that he could borrow it whenever he wanted to, basically like he could do with every piece of clothing in Chanyeol’s wardrobe. Baekhyun knew Chanyeol had a not so secret thing for the way Baekhyun looked in his clothes.

 

However, right now, Baekhyun regretted wearing it. Or rather, he regretted not taking it off before sitting down because it was too big, too bulky, and too hard to take off while sitting down. He felt suffocated by it and cursed himself for being too lazy and tired to stand for a few more seconds and take the damn thing off before sitting down.

 

"How was what?" he asked, or rather groaned as he tried to free his arm from the coat’s sleeve.

 

He heard Chanyeol snort uglily next to him before the coat suddenly slipped away from his arm. Turning his head, he saw that Chanyeol was helping him take the coat off and he couldn’t be more grateful even if he did feel like a child at that moment.

 

"Wearing the coat," Chanyeol said as if it was obvious.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but chuckled softly as he finally took the coat off and tried folding it and resting it on his lap.

 

"You’re talking about it as if you’re asking me to grade your performance after a round of ," Baekhyun raised a brow, voice teasing.

 

"I don’t need you to grade me, your moans always give the quality away," Chanyeol snorted, playfully looking down at Baekhyun to show him that he was taller, even while sitting down.

 

"Ew dude, I did not need to hear that," they heard them before Chanyeol jumped a bit as if someone had kicked his seat from behind. Which wouldn’t be surprising, Jongdae would totally do that. 

 

They both looked at each other before bursting into laughter, Chanyeol leaning his head against Baekhyun’s shoulder because he always did that whenever he was laughing too hard.

 

"It’s actually pretty comfortable, I like it. It’s really warm, you should lend it to me more often," Baekhyun finally replied once they both calmed down.

 

"You did look really comfortable in it. And really tiny and adorable," Chanyeol added with an amused smile that widened when Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. "But I won’t lend it to you again."

 

"Why?" Baekhyun immediately protested.

 

"You can’t wear it. It’s mine so only I get to wear it," Chanyeol shrugged.

 

"What happened to what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is yours?"

 

"That doesn’t always apply."

 

"I don’t need your permission anyway, I can steal it while you’re sleeping. Wouldn’t be the first time," Baekhyun huffed as the plane finally started leaving the ground, shaking a bit.

 

"I mean, if you really want to wear it, we’ll have to find a solution," Chanyeol mused out, humming softly as he kept his playful gaze on Baekhyun who looked at him with suspicion. He narrowed his eyes a bit when Chanyeol leaned closer to whisper his next words into his ear. "It’s big enough to fit us two so next time you want to wear it, I’ll have to wear it first and you can just slip into my arms and hug me so I can wrap it around you."

 

Baekhyun all but snorted and pushed Chanyeol away, fighting an amused smile off.

 

"That sounds like a very good excuse to me."

 

"I don’t need an excuse to do that. It’s your loss if you refuse," Chanyeol singsonged before parting his lips in a wide and very unattractive yet adorable yawn, his eyes watering a bit as he looked at Baekhyun.

 

"Just shut up and sleep, ," Baekhyun laughed softly, pushing Chanyeol so he’d lean back against his seat.

 

The taller immediately did as he was told and that wasn’t a surprise because Baekhyun knew that he was exhausted after their concert and it took him only five minutes to drift into a deep slumber. Baekhyun simply smiled fondly at the sight and tried to move Chanyeol a bit so his neck wouldn’t be in an awkward position, resulting in soreness once he’d wake up. Then, he simply moved so he could rest his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder, cuddling up against his side and closing his eyes to slip into a well deserved slumber too. However, before that, he didn’t forget to take the red coat and drape it over the both of them, sighing in content as it’s warmth mixed in with Chanyeol’s natural warmth, creating a heavenly cocoon Baekhyun wouldn’t move out of until necessary.

 

Maybe sharing the coat wouldn’t be so bad after all.