Magic~

Drabbles, and Oneshots, and Poems...Oh My!

 “Which one is the one you like again?”

Jackie sighs. “YoungSky,” she informs me, her cute voice barely audible above the noise in the auditorium.

“Oh, okay. Which one is he?”

She doesn't show it on her bubbly face, but I can tell she's exasperated. She lifts a delicate finger and points to the right. “The one all the way on the right.”

“Oh, he's cute.”

“I'm aware,” she says, her voice once again being drained out by the background noise of the audience.

Wait a second, One Way is on stage, about to sing, too.

I don't know thing one about them, but here I am, watching them perform. I'm mere feet from these guys, and I can't even muster up enough excitement to care.

Don't get me wrong, I do care. Kpop is my life. But it's hard to get excited over a group that you only have heard about mere minutes before they got on stage.

There's only three of them, figuring them out can't be that hard.

A soft, guitar track starts, and the boys start to sing. I really should have paid attention to when they were speaking, maybe I would have know what song this was. I whip my camera out and start to record, but I've already missed the first few seconds of the song.

Eh, oh well. Wait, it's in English. Wasn't expecting that. It'll make this a lot more enjoyable for me if I can understand what they're saying.

Wow, that one in the middle is really cute. He's hiding behind his sunglasses, but he's definitely not shy. He's seductive. Jackie's already fallen for it.

Oh, that's the rapper she was telling me about. Wow, he's really good, and he's pretty freakin cute, too.

Then there's the other guy all the way on the left. He's a little shorter than the other two, but he's still cute. Not like hot cute, more like adorable cute. Kind of like a puppy.

Wow, the song ends quickly. I sit there and blink at how fast the song passed me by. My first in-person Kpop song, and it's already over.

No way. It won't stop here, I won't let it.

I let out a scream that even Jackie is surprised at. That was the most thrilling experience of my life, and I'm not about to let it end.

Her friends on the other side of her are entranced in the music. The concert continues, as I start to find myself falling more and more under the One Way spell.

My throat grows sore from screaming in support of these boys. Chance, Peter, and YoungSky, from what I've been able to gather. My arms grow sore from holding my camera above my head to record their performance.

I resign and decide to shut the camera off for a while.

Chance announces their next song will be their last.

Alright, I don't really want it to end, but that's okay. I'll manage with what I've seen. I'm more than satisfied with my first real Kpop experience.

A really catchy R&B tune comes on. Magic is what it's called apparently.

I can see where the name comes from, the sound is enticing.

Chance sings first. Wow, I really like his voice. And his sunglasses are still hot.

My arm twinges in pain for a brief second from my little recording escapade. I lift my arm above my head and groan as I stretch. I tap my foot to the beat of the song as my arm twitches and tingles in the air.

Just then, our eyes meet.

And he smiles a smile that I've yet to see tonight.

And he waves.

Wait, what just happened?

I stupidly raise my other arm to wave back, but it's too late. Peter has already averted his gaze elsewhere.

Peter looked right at me and waved while I was stretching.

Poor boy must have thought I was the one waving.

And my camera was only off for this song.

Peter starts to sing the second verse, and they roll right into the beautiful chorus. I'm telling you, this song is pure heaven.

Silently cursing myself, I turn to Jackie for a last ditch effort to reciprocate my failure of a wave.

“Jack, let's go up there.”

“Huh?” she shouts over the crowd. “Up where?”

I point into the alley. “Up to the stage, let's get up right and front of them and dance.”

She looks at me with a puzzled expression, which is quickly replaced with excitement. “Are you sure? I thought you didn't know One Way.”

My resolve set, I grab her hand and drag her down the alleyway. “I know them well enough by now,” I say, determined to get Peter's attention once more.

Try as I might, I scream and dance along to the melody of Magic, only to get lost in the background.

My efforts go unnoticed.

The show is over. Jackie leads me back into the large doors that let us into the room.

My head down, I slump my way up the alley, brushing arms with a much taller guy.

“Sorry,” I grunt, not really sure why I'm angry.

“Tanya! Pay attention!”

Jackie's cry snaps me out of my haze, and I look up at her blankly. “What's the matter, Jack? I said I was sorry.”

“No, Tan, that was Chance you just walked past!”

I turn back around and start a mad dash down the aisle to find him. Too bad Jackie's hands are faster than my feet.

“He's gone already, Tan,” she sighs, dragging me out into the lobby of the auditorium. She places me against a wall with a gentle shove. She wags her finger in my face. “Now wait here,” she says, pointing down at where my feet are dumbly planted. “I need to use the bathroom before we go.”

She is gone before I can protest, me holding her bag with all her possessions. I slouch back onto the wall and use my foot to prop me up against the structure.

I stare into the distance and start to daydream. If only I were waving, if only I were looking up...

If only you were paying attention.

Huh?

“YoungSky!!!!” a fan cries two feet from me. I focus my stare, and sure enough, YoungSky walks right in front of me and out the doors. A loud mob of fans follows him out with excited chatter and chants, and here I am with my jaw locked in an open, dumbfounded position with a bag on my elbow.

Jackie taps my shoulder. “What's the matter?”

I can't bring myself to speak. I hand her back her back and don't say a word until we get to the car. I manage a smile.

“I guess I'm forever going to be trapped under the magic that is One Way,” I sigh, leaning against the backseat window. “Maybe someday I'll break free from their spell and really get to know them. Maybe magic really does exist.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I wrote this oneshot months ago...actually almost a year ago ._. But it's very important to me~ Why?

Because it all actually happened to me XD

Although the names are slightly altered, back in April of 2011 (so long ago!) I went to see One Way live, and like my story counterpart, I had no freaking clue who they were. Then as the performance went on, I learned more about them...and like all three of Tanya's fails, each one happened to me. First, Peter waved at me and pointed me out in the crowd during the one song my camera was off. Uber pissed. Then leaving the venue I bumped into some guy that I couldn't catch, which happened to be none other than Chance. THEN to top the night off, waiting for my friend in the bathroom YoungSky walked right in front of me alone, and before I could say anything to him, the crowd pounced. Leaving me to wallow in my own sorrows.

So yes...this story actually happened XD Sad, right? I'm pathetic~ So thanks for reading my first entry to my drabbles, oneshots, and poems~ Oh my ♥ Please continue to enjoy ^^