prologue

Downpour

 

They were both trainees at that time. Both had no clue about the existence of each other. Errr... Well, they knew each other, but not personally.

Despite filming for "Seventeen TV" and "Sixteen", they had time off camera to watch each of their reality show. 

Other than training for each mission, Somi had enough time to watch "Seventeen TV." Laughing once in awhile and admiring a certain Chinese boy with hair that reached his shoulders. 

Just like Somi, Wen Junhui, before debuting, he got to watch "Sixteen." Admiring one of the younger members of the show. He empathized with her when she told her story, about being bullied and all, being a foreigner himself. The difference is, he went to Korea to pursue his dream, unlike Somi, who had to stay in the said country because her family lives there.

The young girl has been supportive of Jun ever since. When they debuted, it felt as if she was part of the staff or something like that. She was proud of the group, she was proud of him. He became her favorite, or "bias" as what fans call them.

The teenage lad got busy, but he never failed to watch Somi's progress as "Sixteen" continued on. He would celebrate when she's in the major group, and would cheer her on more when she's in the minor group. 

Twice was formed, with the addition of Momo and Dahyun, but sadly, no Somi. He thought he would finally get to meet her. Get to go to music shows together. Greeting each other and getting close to one another. But it wasn't time yet, at least, not yet.

Produce 101 was formed later on. Jun knew that some of the female trainees under Pledis would join. So Seventeen decided to watch and support their labelmates. What took Jun by surprise was a grown up version of the girl he supported in Sixteen.

The whole way, he supported her, yet again. Voting for her online instead of his labelmates, but nobody knew that except for Minghao.

His focus was on her during Into the new world, Bang Bang and Yum Yum. 

It seemed weird but he himself knew that he was indeed infatuated with a girl 5 years younger than him. Age is just a number, but he can't help it. Not only that, she was always shipped with Hansol. The boy never even looked her way, it was unfair. Of course, their fans didn't need to know about his little crush, but still.

Somi worked hard. She wanted to stand on the same stage as him. Perform with him. Be in the same level as him.

She poured her heart in every performance, hoping she would be able to at least debut with ioi, even if she wasn't the center, she just wanted to be part of the 11.

Lucky for her, she became number 1. Performing with the other 10, namely, Sejeong, Yoojung, Doyeon, Sohye, Yeonjung, Nayoung, Jieqiong, Mina, Chunga and Chaeyeon 

They supported each other without the other knowing. And finally, that led them to bumping into each other during M Countdown.