A phone call

The guitar left behind

Ch 2
Chanyeol was so bored and depressed at home. It has been 3 days already and he hasnt dared call Baekhyun. He didn't want to seem needy. He just groaned when he looked at his phone and saw a bunch of text messages from Baek. He didnt want to answer them because he was afraid Baekhyun would call him and he couldn't talk to him without letting his emotions get the best of him. So Chanyeol just flipped his phone over and went back to strumming his guitar like always.

Baekhyun sighed as he looked at his phone again. He sent about 20 messages and Chanyeol hasn't answered any of them. Why did if feel like he was being avoided and why did it make him feel so depressed.
"Hey Baek whats up? You seem so upset? Did something happen?" Of course Baekhyun's brother would notice his depressed state. Baekhyun didnt want to say anything to his brother so he just got up and went to his room. Baekhyun couldn't take it anymore he was so upset and it was because of Chanyeol.
"You know if something happened between you and Chanyeol I would talk to him about it. Dont let misunderstandings destroy what you have." Baekhyun's sister-in-law was standing at the door. She left before Baekhyun could utter an excuse. He just sighed and picked up his phone. She was right, they needed to talk about that night.

From Baek:
Hey i think we need to talk... you know...about Hawaii....
13:20pm

Chanyeol looked at his phone again and saw a message that made him almost drop his guitar. What if Baekhyun friendzoned him? What if he says they cant be friends anymore? All these thoughts kept going through his head as his phone was ringing. It was Baekhyun. Chanyeol debated on not picking it up but something inside of him said to pick it up. He put the phone to his ear and prayed that Baek wasnt going to throw him away.

"Hey.... um I didnt know if you would pick up" Chanyeol could here Baekhyun's nervous laugh on the other end. "Look I think we need to talk about what happened. Ever since that night we have been so distant and awkward and I dont like it" Baekhyun talked quietly in the phone. Chanyeol had to strain to here what he was saying. "I know you probably dont want to talk about it but just....just listen to what I have to say ok?" Chanyeol hummed a response because he did not dare use his voice. "That night.... I...I meant it. God, Chanyeol I loved it. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened and how perfect it felt. Everytime I look at you I just want to relive that moment. It was the best feeling I have ever had" Chanyeol's eyes felt as they were going to bulge out of his skull. Baekhyun was telling him the same thing that Chanyeol felt. He laughed so hard Baekhyun stoped his speech and went silent. "You know im telling you how I feel and you're mocking me" Baekhyun was angry now and Chanyeol knew it.
"No no im not mocking you its just... I feel the same way."
"What wait really?!"
"Ya I couldn't stop thinking of how amazing it was and how much I wanted to do it again"
"Oh wow I thought I was going to scare you because I thought you were straight as an arrow"
Chanyeol couldnt help but laugh af Baekhyun's statement. He heard Baekhyun start laughing on the other end of the line also. They stayed like that for 2 minutes just laughing. Chanyeol stopped laughing but couldn't stop smiling. Baekhyun like him too!! He wanted to get up and start screaming at the sky. Silence engulfed the air but it was a good type of silence. He heard Baekhyun clear his throat "so..... where does that leave us?" Chanyeol wanted to say friends but he knew that wasn't correct at all "We could date?" Baekhyun inhaled sharply and started ranting " but what if we arent meant to be? What if we break up?would we still be friends even if its awkward? What if..."
"Stop Baekhyun just stop. If u dont want to date now than thats cool but God can I just kiss you when I want".
"You can do a lot more than kiss me Chanyeol"
Baekhyun didnt know where it came from he realized what he said and it was too late to take it back now. He was utterly mortified. Chanyeol was going to end it know before it even started.
"Good cause thats what I intend to do" Chanyeol's voice was different, huskier, and definitely hotter. Baekhyun started getting by it. Especially the fact that Chanyeol agreed to fulfill his every need.
"Hey can I come over tomorrow Im bored here and Suho keeps pulling his dumb dad jokes on me like it's legit hell" Baekhyun didnt know how but Chanyeol was able to switch the topic so fast and change the mood. But Baekhyun nonetheless agreed to have Chanyeol over. They talked for another hour or so until he heard his mom yell that dinner was ready. The rest of the day Baekhyun was practically bouncing off the walls.