I Hate Him

Love On The Weekend

It's not an exaggeration hearing a random girl will drop dead and melt out of pure ecstacy somewhere by the mere mention of 'Sir Wang'.

 

Sometimes, Jackson Wang, the professor of Hanlim Multi Arts High School, blames his mother for good genes. His looks doesn't stop the multitude of girls swarming over him during lunch and the tenfold of letters flooding his desk inside the faculty. How the letters ended up on his desk still remains a mystery until today.

 

He's a little too honest about everything, including his 'God-bestowed' looks and a mind of a scientist. It was the ultimate key that he got to where he is today, a professor in a prestigious school. However, it's not a pleasure to teach everyone. 

 

Take Ms. Hwang Eunbi for example.

 

".  !" Stream of curses can be heard even before entering the room, moments before first period starts but Mr. Jackson can already hear and recognize that voice. And that's a lot coming from a guy who rarely remembers someone, let alone the name.

 

"Yes!" Hwang Eunbi raised her fist, seeing that the slowpoke, or fondly called 'Ddoong Wang' by her, is still writing on Biology papers, stil slow as ever.

 

"Yah, Eunbi!" Yerin barely whispers to her, calling Eunbi to sit the down and stop pissing their prof, first thing in the morning.

 

"Hihihihihi." Eunbi madly giggles, knowing that it's 8:30 and she still managed. "Why is he so ing slow?"

 

"I don't know, maybe waiting for you to enter the room and shame you in front of the whole class?" Yerin laughs the moment Eunbi contorted into a face. Seconds after, Jackson scoops the papers and nestled it in the drawer. 

 

"Hwang Eunbi." Jackson surprisingly calls her name in the calmest tone. "Are you tired?"

 

Eunbi is surprised. Is he talking to me? Confused, she shuns his approach and looks at the window pane. 

 

Jackson looks down to her, with arms resting on Eunbi's table and his face, missing hers in an inch. Yerin is dumbfounded. Eunbi feels his breath on her hair and the moment she turned, she can almost see the pores on his face. 

 

Eunbi's eyes widens. 

 

"Yah." Jackson moves back and reaches for something in his pockets. 

 

Oh my God. Eunbi blushes. Is he gonna propose oh my god oh my god--

 

"20?" Jackson shows her biology exam. "Are you really gonna live your life this way, Ms. Hwang?"

 

Yerin doesn't even want to look at her precious friend. 

 

However, Eunbi is disappointed. She was taken aback. She thought it was all too perfect until the demon possessed her professor in a matter of seconds. 

 

She curses under her breath. "This ing sly old man."

 

"Everyone, this is why you always choose academics over games." Jackson reprimands the whole class in light of Eunbi's failed biology exam. "Do you all want to be like Ms. Eunbi or Mr. Jungkook who is on the run for an academic decathlon this term?" 

 

Eunbi just wants to melt on the spot. Until now, she still questions herself why the hell is she in love with a jerk.

 

=

Canteen food isn't helping Eunbi to calm the down, that's what has been running inside Yerin's mind for the past thirty minutes. If only she can beat her to sleep, then eating a sandwich wouldn't be this tedious. Eunbi's mouth has been running off to God knows where. It's all that damned bastard's fault, but then again it is Eunbi's fault overall. If only she ditched their practice just like she did, then all of this wouldn't happen in the first place.

 

"I'll fight him!"

 

"Yah." Yerin sighs upon looking at the awe-stricken Eunbi. "It's no biggie. He does that to you always, so why are you that affected?"

 

Because he ing cornered me like I'm a shoujo anime girl. 

 

"Hey. Cheer up!" Yerin beams, seeing her friend got quiet all of a sudden. She reaches for her sammich to give to her bestfriend. 

 

"B-but..." Eunbi says in between intervals of hiccups. She's overreacting whis isn't surpirising for Yerin. "I-I'd still punch the living daylights outta him!!!!"

 

"ing come to your senses, !" Yerin shouts and slams her hands on the table, in which Eunbi twitches. "Ya think you can tell him to square up?! Just shove the damn sammich down your throat and stop whining like a little kid!"

 

And just like that, Eunbi quiets down.

 

=

 

Eunbi goes home after a long- period of trying to sleep in between classes. It's a hassle. They were dismissed four hours late. 8pm on the clock, and her of a friend, Yerin, waved goodbye at a distance and sped up with her senior boyfriend. It's okay though, Eunbi would ditch her too if she ever gets a boyfriend. It's that important to them. They have been bestfriends for a decade long so having a guy won't come in their way.

 

To top it all, she's late for the practice. It was supposed to start at 6:30 pm, and yet she's still here. She walked and walked towards the old gymnassium basking in all nightly peace and quiet until she stumbled upon the old, groggy-looking bastard. 

 

Wait, scratch that. Eunbi sees Mr. Wang at the parking lot. He doesn't even spare a merciful glance at her. To help the very least, maybe he's just too immersed scrambling for something.

 

Ugh, why do I have to keep running into this jerk. Eunbi swears, eyes rolling into the farthest of her sockets. He's so ing ugly. Seeing him makes me puke.

 

She doesn't even know why the hell she's fixed on the ground, not even moving an inch. Something about reaching on the back of his pants and opening an old sedan with his rusted car keys is hypnotizing her.

 

Mr. Wang drops his keys on the ground. What a dumb.

 

It's a commentary for Eunbi, and it's already ten minutes since she's spying on him. It's ing amusing how dumb he is despite all the degrees he's gotten. It's ing hilarious too, seeing him scramble under his car for the rusted car keys that tinkled to the farthest corners of the parking lot. 

 

He gets it, finally. Upon standing, Jackson sees Eunbi, giggling madly on something he'd rather not know. He's kinda dumb, not knowing that she's actually laughing at him. Eunbi is still lost, giggling all the more until she realizes his eyes met hers. She's not giggling madly anymore. She wants to melt on the spot right this instant. She wants to hide so badly. 

 

"Eunbi-ssi?" Mr. Jackson Wang enunciates, keys tinkling with the flick of his wrist. He approaches her with brisk steps. "What are you doing here?"

 

Eunbi scrambles for an excuse. A legit one. He doesn't have to know why the hell is she still here. It's for the practice, she thinks. But then he distracted her. Now she's ing late, more than ever. Nothing new. She's always late to begin with. If she'll say it's for the game, he'll ing humiliate her. But then again who cares? It's not like--

 

"Ms. Hwang." Mr. Wang snaps his fingers on her face. "I was asking the same question for the past minute."

 

"Oh..." Eunbi covers her cheeks in guard. "I-I was just waiting."

 

"For what?"

 

She doesn't know what the hell she's saying. is trailing off. "A car."

 

"A car?"

 

"I want to go home but there's no taxi."

 

"Well, to be fair, you're in a ing parking lot. Why the hell would there be taxis roaming around in the campus vicinity?" Mr. Wang holds back his laughter, but quiets down when he sees Eunbi dazed and confused.

 

"Oh..." was all she could say.

 

"Need a ride?"

 

"Of course!" What the .

 

"Well, okay." Mr. Wang got surprised. He didn't know it was this easy to persuade a student showing so much stubborness in his class. Maybe it is true after all: that students are different inside and outside of class.

 

Eunbi sobers when she finally realizes she's sitting inside her tiest professor's car. A train of thoughts is now rounding her mind. 

 

What if somebody sees us? What if he her? What if he steers the car in a secluded place, what would she do then? What if--

 

"Eunbi." The ring of her name wakes her up. "Shut the door."

 

"Oh..."

 

She couldn't believe it. Under the starlit sky and dark ambiance, she's alone with the Mr. Wang, his professor, the bastard, and most importantly... her crush.