Johnny Boy

Overwatched

In celebration of the birthday of my favorite Johnny in the entire world~!

There’s a handful of Overwatch references in here because I wrote this at high noon--

//gets slapped by everyone// y’ALL NEEDA EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY

 

And disclaimer to all the Overwatch Pros, if you’re cringing really hard at the team I made, I tried.

I don’t play Overwatch on a daily basis, but I do play a good bit.

This is just based on what worked really well for me so yeahh--

 

Regardless, be sure to wish the birthday boy a happy birthday!
Ps. This takes place in America

Pps This is mainly dialogue

 

3.5k~ Words

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

“It’s high noon my dudes, you know what that means,” Johnny grinned wildly into his headset. Rapid ‘Johnny please no--’s shot through his headphones and it made him grin even wider. “It’s time to experience tranquillity.”

 

Collective groans could be heard from the other side as joyful laughter filled his room. He was convinced they were 110% done with him.

 

Johnny, you need to get off Instagram. Get off of iFunny, just get off the internet in general.” Taeyong’s tired voice made him giggle like a little girl.

 

Seriously John, you need to be stopped.” Johnny could practically hear Yuta’s eyeroll from all the way across the city.

 

Their voices just made Johnny laugh even harder as his friends threw more insults at him. His friends were certainly amusing, especially when you can feel their eyerolls sync whenever he made corny puns. “On a serious note, is everyone online yet or what because I need to do that homework Mr. Konolige gave us.”

 

Uh, I think Mark is the only one who isn’t on yet,” Hansol said. Johnny let out a small grunt of frustration. He was so freaking close to leveling up and getting that one Chinese New Years Loot Box that might just contain that legendary D. Va skin he’d been dying to have. All his friends being there would have ensured him a victory which would have easily bumped him up to the next level.

 

That kid is probably not gonna show up. He’s not this late to anything. Ever, because--

 

To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is unacceptable.” They finished Jaehyun’s sentence with a monotonous voice. “Seriously dude you’ve been hanging around that marching band kid, Doyoung waayyy too much lately.” Yuta chuckled lightly.

 

He has really high grades in IB Musical Theory okay, he just gives me very helpful advice.” Jaehyun defended the marcher.

 

Whatever Jaehyun. Do you guys just wanna join a game and hope that the one person who fills in the spot is decent?” Taeyong proposed, everyone giving a short ‘yes’ in reply.

 

Johnny’s monitor flashed to life as the champion screen appeared. Immediately he chose Reaper, his main. The other guys picked their mains as well, except for Yuta who made the odd choice of choosing Lúcio over Mercy.

 

The last player, TCLTNT still hadn’t chosen their champion and the game was about to start. “Oh come on, what the hell is that TNT dude doing?” Johnny grumbled, flipping the joysticks of his controller in frustration.

 

I don’t know man-- Oh, they just choose Widowmaker.” Taeyong exclaimed as the Widowmaker emblem appeared right before the game started.

 

Aye Johnny isn’t Reaper your main? You two should work together, ‘cause, ya know, OTPs.” Yuta snickered as he made Lúcio dart all over the base. Johnny rolled his eyes as he aimed his gun at Yuta’s champion, shooting the male spontaneously.

 

You two stop, the gates are being raised in 10 seconds,” Jaehyun commented as his Bastion was stationed right in front of the gate.

 

“Jaehyun, chilllll we have unlimited ammo.” Johnny said as he began shooting at Bastion instead. “And heroes never die.” Yuta said just as the gate dropped, and everyone flooded into the center to the payload.

 

Unsurprisingly, Yuta got there first. After all, Lúcio’s speed boost was activated. Mr. TNT (Johnny decided to call him that for the meantime) was next, grappling to the top of a building and waiting for the opposing team's champions to pop through.

 

The fight for the payload had started, guns blazing as Pharah’s rockets rained from above. “iinnngggg shiiiittttttt.” Johnny groaned as Reaper died from one of those damned shurikens Genji threw at him. That Roadhog must have been pissed from him stealing his kill.

 

Bloody hell…” It looked like Hansol’s champion, McCree, had just died from another shuriken thrown by the same Genji. “Well, offense is down.

 

“Thanks for stating the obvious Sherlock.” Johnny rolled his eyes as he impatiently waited for his respawn counter to reach zero. “Dudes, we needa push through if we wanna get the payload. Can someone like, somehow hint at that Widowmaker person that they should switch to her rifle?

 

“Gottchu once I respawn.” Johnny said as he gripped his controller tightly. He hurriedly switched to his keyboard and typed quick message into the chat:

 

JYSeo: WM VC plz

TCLTNT: got it

JYSeo has joined team Voice Chat

TCLTNT has joined team Voice Chat

 

Uh, hello?” A sweet and shy voice piped, obviously nervous from talking to a bunch of strangers.

 

“Hey, this is JYSeo but just call me Johnny. We really need you to switch to the offensive side because we’re about to lose the payload and oh WHERE THE DID MCCREE POP OUT OF?!?!” He accidentally shouted into his microphone, loud screams running through his ears as well as an oddly clear whimper that he found absolutely adorable.

 

JOHNNY SEO CALM YOUR LORD.” Yuta screamed back at him, he could hear Yuta’s cat Kiki meow loudly in the background. As well as his mom shouting ‘$2 for the swear jar Johnny!’

 

I can conquer with Yuta’s statement.

 

Hansol, only you would use the word ‘conquer’ in a daily sentence.” Taeyong sighed.

 

Thanks for that Johnny, my eardrums feel so loved.” The new voice made him feel guilty instantly. For some reason, the sweet voice made him feel sorry for once about being a smidge too loud.

 

“I’m so sorry… Um…”
 

The name’s Ten by the way.” A small giggle was emitted from the person from the other side. “And can you tell that Reinhart dude to put up his shield or something? My is getting blasted by D. Va and her ing mecha.”

 

Johnny nodded (even though Ten couldn’t see him) and told Taeyong to put up his shield. “Thanks Johnny boy~

 

“Uh, y-you’re welcome.” Johnny thanked timidly. The once boisterous and bright Johnny was replaced by a more mellow Johnny. Maybe it was because of the nice ring his new nickname had whenever that cute voice said his name, or it could have been the fact that Widowmaker was running right in front of him.

 

Either way, he was ed from two different senses.



 

“HELL YES I LEVELED UP!!” Johnny exclaimed excitedly, shooting up from his gaming chair as the others congratulated him. He sighed in bliss when the screen flashed that he just received a loot box.

 

Just pray that you get that D. Va skin then.

 

What Jaehyun said. Gotta do homework now, see y’all tomorrow.

 

Same, see you guys tomorrow.” His friends gradually left one by one until him at that mysterious Ten character was left.

 

I’m judging from you being oddly quiet that whoever you were talking to earlier is gone?” Ten hit the nail right on the head.

 

“Yeah, since we all have homework we need to do.”

 

Ahh… I see. I shouldn't be bothering you then right?

 

“No no, you’re fine! But… Actually yeah I need to go, I’m so sorry.”

 

It’s cool, we can play together again some other time. Now go focus on your studies! Good luck~” And with that, TCLTNT had left the team Voice Chat.

 

Johnny oddly felt empty on the inside, as if an entire emotion had been out of him. Surely it wasn’t because of that Ten dude right? He did just meet the guy after all and helped them the payload safely (even if Johnny had 3 deaths).

 

He was just about to turn off his monitor when he saw a message pop into his notification bar, ‘TCLTNT has sent you a friend request

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

The next day at school went by fairly quickly, same as usual. Johnny was just really grateful for the fact that none of his teachers gave him any homework so he could just immediately go to playing Overwatch. He needed that D. Va skin in his life. Yesterday he just got a couple of sprays, a Tracer emote and a common Sombra skin that he already had. He just had to get all those loot boxes before the event went away.

 

As soon as he got home, he dumped his stuff on the couch after kissing his mom on the cheek and said hello to his dad and ran to his room. Overwatch had blazed to life on screen.

 

TCLTNT has invited you to a game

 

Strange… Did he just get home too or… ?’ Johnny asked himself, but accepted his request in a heartbeat.

 

JYSeo has joined team Voice Chat

TCLTNT has joined team Voice Chat

 

Well, hello there again Johnny boy.

 

“Hey Ten.” He greeted.

 

Ready to kick some ?

 

“You can bet your I am.” Johnny felt a grin on his face once he saw them choose their mains once again, Reaper and Widowmaker. Those two champions were seemingly a match made in heaven.

 

Throughout the 3 or so rounds they played through, Johnny complained about how much junior year in high school . Mainly about how confusing Spanish was and why he needed to learn why things fell to the ground. “I don’t need that kind of stress in my life.” Johnny groaned.

 

Oh please, my art teacher gave us 1 hour to design an entire room and that was our biggest grade of the quarter so far. I’m pretty sure I failed. I drew a orange in’ carpet next to a bunch of green chairs, what was I thinking?!

 

Johnny let out a hearty laugh, genuinely amused at Ten’s whiny voice. “You can shut your facehole Mr. Seo, I don’t have to take your cruelty!

 

“And yet you’re still here?” Johnny questioned, the other line going quiet before Ten murmured a soft ‘shut up’ before proceeding to waste all his bullets by shooting at Johnny's Reaper instead of the opposing team.

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

“Goddamn Johnny, you’ve been smiling a lot more these days.” Jaehyun commented when Johnny sat down, smiling like an idiot.

 

“And you’ve been playing Overwatch a lot more than usual too. I get that the Lunar thingamabobber is ending soon but Lord, you prestiged!” Yuta nearly yelled, earning some funny glares from his classmates to which he said, “Take a picture you weirdos.” And proceeded to stick his tongue out at them.

 

Johnny rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, “That TCLTNT guy and I have been playing a lot recently.”

 

“So you’re saying you’ve been playing with him more than us? I’m hurt.” Taeyong clutched his heart and proceeded to dramatically stumble back, as if he had been shot in the heart and dropped to his knees.

 

“Yeah basically. He’s really nice too and his voice is just heavenly.” Johnny gazed down at his notes like they were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

 

“And you’ve been talking about that Ten guy a lot recently too.” Hansol noted.

 

“So is our Johnny falling in love? Hmmmm~?” Yuta poked at his side teasingly. Johnny swatted his hand away, but he continued to annoy the elder to no end.

 

“Yuta please stop bothering Johnny and get back to work. I expect you to solve problem 11 on the board.” Ms. Robinson scowled before turning back to help Lenora.

 

Yuta stuck up the middle finger at her when she turned her back and grumbled as he focused on his math equations. Johnny’s thoughts were conflicting with each other as he tried to work on the problems, as well as contemplate whether or not he actually liked that cute-voiced boy or not.

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

“Woohoo! Now that’s what I’m talking about baby!” Johnny fist-pumped as he got Player of the Game. Ten’s soft laughter made his accomplishment even more glorious. “Aye look we’re both on the featured thingy.” Ten added when their names appeared for the blue team selection.

 

“We’re the perfect team Ten! It’s just so amazing--” Soft beeping echoed in his room which signaled that it was exactly 8P.M, the time that Ten went elsewhere. “Ah, it’s 8 already? Man I wanted to play some more… Oh well, there’s always tomorrow right?” He said and expected Ten to reply with his usual confirmation, ‘Yes you dingus.

 

But he never got that response. Instead the line on the other side went silent. It alarmed Johnny, did he say something weird during their usual conversations? “Umm… Johnny, about that…” Ten’s voice trailed off.

 

He patiently waited for Ten’s answer. He could very clearly hear the sound of Ten swallowing a lump in his throat, extremely hesitant to tell him whatever it was. “Johnny, please don’t get mad at me but I can’t be online tomorrow.

 

“Oh? Well we can always play the day after--”

 

I can’t be on this week in general. I’m gonna be gone for the rest of the week, maybe a bit more.” Johnny could feel his heart crack a bit when Ten said that.

 

An entire week without Ten?

 

He had already gotten so accustomed to the boy. Ten was practically on his mind all day, whether it had been about Overwatch or just Ten’s life in general. What about his dog, or that pesky English teacher Ten rambled on about? He'd miss those conversations so much.

 

“O-Oh…” Johnny’s voice got caught in his throat.

 

I’m really sorry Johnny boy… I’ll be soon as back as I can okay?

 

“It’s fine, take care.”

 

You take care too, you dingus.” And with that, Ten’s line went dead. Not even the soft static sound came through his headphones. Just complete and utter silence.

 

But he no longer liked silence. He liked hearing Ten’s voice. He liked hearing those cute little gasps and grunts when his champion was dying, or when his sweet words convinced Johnny to crack on a certain topic. The hilarious stories, excessive cursing, and the stressed shouting; He missed it all.

 

One entire week without Ten…’ He looked around his room, which seemed eerily empty. The monitor had shut off, and the lights in his room had turned off. Just plain emptiness, like something didn’t feel right, or he was already missing someone he shouldn’t have missed too much. His stomach tightened a bit as the thought of Ten leaving settled in.

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

“John, why are you so down?” Mark curiously asked. The freshman sat himself next to Johnny whose head was pushed into his comfortable sweatshirt. “Everyone is getting worried now, Taeyong said you’ve been eating less too.”

 

Johnny tilted his head and peered at mark who looked down at him in concern. Was it really that obvious to everyone? “Nothing much Mark, don’t worry too much about it ‘ight?”

 

He stood up predominantly, Mark’s eyes still following the tall junior. “Hyung, don’t be so down because your crush is gone. He’ll be back soon, and you guys can kick at Overwatch once again.”

 

Johnny began to pick his stuff up, ignoring Mark’s stern gaze boring into the side of his face. He knew he was right, he just didn’t want to acknowledge it. “You know, patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” Mark put his hand on his shoulder accompanied by a supportive pat on his back.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, Johnny watched the younger walk out of the library. The Canadian’s words resonated inside of his head, “Patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweet,”. A heavy sigh left his mouth as he bent down to pick up his pencil that had rolled off the table he was sitting at.

 

The pencil that he used to write down random thoughts he had throughout the day, “It helps you remember the smaller and more important things in life,” He recalled Taeyong saying. Thoughts what were about Ten, that Widowmaker with the bubbly voice. Everything just reminded him of the boy, and he suddenly missed him even more.

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

“Good morning everyone! Please hurry and take your seat, I have a very exciting announcement before we have our ‘Monday Motivation’.” Ms. McCloud excitedly clapped her hands. Sure he loved the teacher, she was a very engaging and creative teacher. But it was days like these, days knowing Ten wouldn’t be waiting for him through his monitor, that made the sugary voice sound like mockery.

 

Johnny dragged his body to the table where his friends were already seated, quietly chatting with each other about the new ‘Resident Evil’ game. “Morning Johnny.” Hansol greeted.

 

“Mornin’ ya guys.” He said as he plopped down into his chair. Once again, he nestled his head down in between the comfort of his arms. All those sessions from personal fitness really helped with the cushiony effect of his arms.

 

“Hey did you hear,” Yuta’s clear voice made him poke an eye out at him, the Japanese male smiling brightly at him. “There’s gonna be a new student in this class, international from what I heard.”

 

“That’s nice.” Johnny grunted, going back to closing his eyes. His thoughts poked at him as he tried to find his peace in the morning murmur. First, he had to deal with no Ten for nearly a week, and then there’s going to be some newbie in their class now? Mondays are just fantastic.

 

“Now settle down-- Alejandro will you please get out of my chair. And Nelson stop FaceTiming with José he’s literally in the same room as you.” Their teacher sighed as the simultaneous ‘sorry's from the three boys echoed in the classroom. The scratching of the chairs scraping against the tile floor accompanied by a curse word or two signaled that everyone had settled in.

 

“As I was saying, he’s waiting outside in the hallway. I'm going to go and tell him to come in, and please do not get up and do the mannequin challenge like you did when Doyoung transferred.” He could hear Jaehyun snort at the memory. After all, it was his idea. And they tell him to get off the internet when in reality Jaehyun had the potential to become a bigger meme lord than him.

 

“Now, please go ahead and introduce yourself!” Johnny could hear the perkiness in Ms. McCloud’s voice, which he honestly didn’t want to hear.

 

“Ahm… Hello everyone.” Instantly, the voice caught his attention. It was just so sweet, bubbly, innocent and strangely familiar. Johnny’s head shot up towards the front of the room to where the new student was standing.

 

He looked really short from what he could see. Short, stylish with messy mocha hair that made him look flawless without even trying. In short, the boy definitely had his attention. “I recently just moved here with my family from Thailand.”

 

Lisa excitedly clapped her hands, only stopping when her best friend Jennie clasped her hands together in order from her to stop making herself look like a fool. “My name is Chittaphon Leechaiyakul, but you can call me Ten for short.” His eyes met Johnny’s, who was staring at him in disbelief.

 

He could hear his friends giggled from all directions as he gazed at Ten like a lovestruck puppy at the new student. “Since it looks like Johnny already knows you, why don’t you go sit near him? Johnny raise your hand.” Hansol rolled his eyes and raised his hand for him when he didn’t respond to the teacher’s command.

 

Ten giggled. That beautiful and melodic giggle he loved hearing so much whenever Johnny complimented him or when he heard the latter’s cries of agony when he died. That same voice he had yearned to hear again.

 

Ten shuffled next to him, turning to the other with an expectant gaze. “T-Ten?” Johnny finally managed to get out, mentally slapping himself for stuttering. Great first IRL impression Johnny, real great. He thought to himself.

 

“That’s my name, nice to finally meet you Johnny-boy.”

 

6Ng3jcrQbwaI1PjrWGSUV0a7v0cZC0sS_pkZ7OcCWxuYaiLjx1KNI8CAUqZSpfq8ryHsZk-AMn5iClwgtLoFgPtpTVjTxB13FT4ZskZANVM7qxtvwMQowHf3zsBLf0vzT_i0M6DS

 

 

 

 

Heyyo everyone~ I hope you guys had a good day or night!

Extremely cliché and rushed story. That’s Kuud3r3Baka for you guys am I right???

 

But no seriously, I didn’t do it out of laziness this time.

I’ve been seriously stressed and overall sick this week and my head is throbbing as I’m writing this sentence right now.

So I’m really sorry if everything is just sloppy and messy, blame school.

 

Regardless, I hope you enjoyed this story~!

And make sure you send Johnny some sort of birthday message too :P

The boy deserves it--
That and a piece of Ten’s I just have really dirty mind okay

 

Signing off, Nic.