Our Stupid Deal

The Deal That Started Us

Sitting in the closet of my room and covering my ears. My parents were always fighting downstairs, ever since I was 16, they kept fighting. But this year got worst. My mom started seeing other guys behind my dad's back. My dad found out and eventually abused her.            

"Please! Let go!" My mom cried whhile I stood outside of the house with groceries that I just got. I dropped all my groceries and unlocked the door. My dad was pulling my Mom's hair and dragging her. He dragged her into a room and locked it with him inside there. I ran to the room and started banging on the door, begging him to stop and open the door. But all I heard was her sceams and cries. 

"Appa..... Please... Don't do this!" I leaned against the door and ended up sitting on the floor. 

He opened the door and walked out. My mom was laying on the floor. I was terrified. Scared to go to her. "Eom-.... Eomma...." Tears fell down my cheek. Tears fell from her eyes and she just laughed. Like an insane person. 

~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~

"What's wrong?" Ailee looked at me. Still not getting over what happened last week, I was staring into space. "Chaekyung ah... You don't look so well today". She spoke to me but I wouldn't answer her. My skin was pale and I had dark circles around my eyes. "Unnie..... If someone hurts someone they love... is it love at all?" I finally spoke. 

She got suprised for a second and then thought about it for awhile. "Well..... Depends... Maybe they're protecting their lover from something then yes. But if it's not that, then no". I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Of course it's not love" I whispered. Ailee looked confused and kind of caught on to what I was talking about. She hugged me and rubbed my back. "Im scared unnie.... For my mom". She sighed and didn't know what to reply with. 

"If anything, I know this is something that you should never mention to Myungsoo. He might end up sending you somewhere, where you don't have to deal with your parents". She tried to brighten my mood up. I gave a small smile and nodded.

"He's gonna ask me about my condition anyways. So.... There's no point in hiding it". I stood up from the bench and walked into my class with Ailee. 

Myungsoo was sitting at his normal spot, behind me. He saw me and stood up. "What happened to you?". I smiled and tried to say something. But, all of a sudden, I fainted. He caught me and rushed me into the clinic. 

I woke up seeing eight people surrounding me. Infinite and Ailee. I opened my eyes a little and saw Myungsoo, then I closed my eyes again. But Sungyeol caught me. "Yah! Stop pretending you're still asleep" he scolded me. I opened them slowly and avoided eye contact. 

"What happened to you? Why aren't you eating or sleeping?" Sungkyu walked next to me. "I-...." I stopped. "Chaekyung ah..... Just tell them. It's okay". Ailee calmed me down.

I told them everything that was going on with my family and that I couldn't sleep. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. All the screaming made me worry but the point that I couldn't do anything.... Made me angry and disgusted of myself. I thought.... Whats the point of living if living isn't really living.  

Myungsoo sighed and walked towards me. He helped me get out of the bed and made sure I could walk by walk by myself. "Let's go" he grabbed my back pack and his keys. "Where?" Woohyun asked. Myungsoo looked at me and everyone knew what that meant. My house.  I grunted, knowing that if I said know, he would still go. 

~~~~•~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~

We arrived to my house and fhere was like five cars parked By my house. Myungsoo grabbed my hand and walked to the house. He knocked on the door. "My parents won't even be here, they're probably at wo-" I tried to stop him from going inside and then my mom opened the door. She was wiping tears from her eyes and bruises were shown all over her body. 

Myungsoo held my hand tighter and bowed. Everyone else was behind us and they also bowed. I walked into the house and there were beer bottles and soju bottles everywhere. Some of them were broken. 

Myungsoo pulled my hand, signaling that I wait for him. He walked inside and saw my dad sitting on the couch. "Can't we just beat him up and leave?" Dongwoo whispered. "Yah.... He's still my dad".

My mom walked to my dad and tapped his shoulder. "Chaekyung ah's friends are here". She looked at us. "Tell them to go upstairs". He replied and shooed her away. "Go upstairs" She said to us.

Myungsoo let go of my hand and walked to my dad. My dad looked up at him and my dad stood up. "Araso.... What is it". Myungsoo didn't seem to be scared of him. "Chaekyung ah..... and your wife. Let then go". I widened my eyes and ran to Myungsoo. "Myungsoo..." I held his arm. 

"Who are you?" My dad started to get angry. "Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo" He said clearly. "Kim? Ahh.... Kim Myungsoo. You're family's rich right?..... I suggest you leave before your family loses their first child" My dad threatened. Then he glared at me and pulled me beside him. 

Myungsoo glared at my dad and I saw his hands turn into fists. "Myungsoo.... Just, Go" i suggested but he wouldn't listen. Infinite stood behind him. "Lets make a deal...." Myungsoo suggested, suprising my dad. My dad smirked and nodded. This isn't going to end well.

I gave Ailee a look and she also looked worried. She whispered something to Sungjong and he whispered it to Myungsoo. Myungsoo's expression was still calm. We sat on the couch and without noticing it, I was tightly holding onto Myungsoo's hand. 

"What's the deal?" My dad sighed. "I'll do something for you, as long as you let go of your wife and daughter". Myungsoo suggested then my dad bursted into laughter. "I don't know about letting my daughter go.... But my wife... Sure". He paused. "But..... You have to marry my daughter". I widened my eyes and stood up. "Yah....". Myungsoo grabbed my hand and pulled me down. 

"I doubt my daughter would marry at this age, so..... is the deal still available? I let my wife go and you marry my daughter" He smirked but I decided to ruin his plan. "If we get married.... You have to leave eomma alone" I was confident. Myungsoo stood up and sighed. I stood up and covered his mouth when he was about to say something. "Deal". 

The next few days, My mom stayed at Myungsoo's place. I was too embarrassed to talk to Myungsoo and stayed at Ailee's. We discussed everything with his parents and they thought we were to young. They thought it was better to be engaged and wait until we graduate. So we went with that.