Vanilla Ice Cream Waffle Cone

Churros Fairy

Working at Churros King is not bad at all. At the first week, he is assigned on washing dishes. The second week Kyungsoo works there, he works as the promoter which make him stands in front of the door and passes around the flyers. Not long after that, Minseok trusted him enough to work behind the register machine. Since his boss could not believe on any other people than Jongdae, the boss' brother, to watch on the cash machine. Kyungsoo probably is the most trusted people who can replace the sick Jongdae. The cafe owner does not know why Jongdae's body choose to be sick when they are actually in a busy week.

When the people around the town know about the existence of the new cafe, they started to swarm the churros shop to try every new menu. Other than coming for the new cafe, they come there because of free cookies offered until the end of the month. Kyungsoo is exactly not fond with crowded places but being able to work at this friendly cafe make his smile plaster around his lips. Welcoming the customers, serving their orders, handling the register machine makes him tired but after six to seven hours of working and standing in the cafe, Minseok will silently offered him a hot choco drink after work.

"You've worked hard today," he whispers. All the pain and muscle cramp on his legs and cheeks soothe after that.

Minseok is really a kind-hearted man. He is much better compared to his former bosses. So far, he hasn't see his boss got mad at his workers. Before this, Kyungsoo even got hit for making a simple mistake. Working at the convenient stores are the hardest to him. Even after he manages all the new stocks and arranges the goods, he does not even get a simple thanks from the owners. Oh, but he remembers when Minseok got mad. That one time when Jongdae forgot to clean up the kitchen. He left a cup at the sink, thinking he would clean it up on the next day. Unfortunately, Minseok always being the first to arrive at the cafe, the first thing he would check on was the kitchen. The older child of the Kim duo pulled the youngest brother to the office by his ear and gave him a good scold. That day, Jongdae was pouting and kept fumming in red.

Kyungsoo chuckles a little bit when he remembered about that day.

"YAH DO KYUNGSOO! Stop dreaming and clean that table." Jongdae playfully got mad and his hands are kept on his waist.

"Y-yes sir." Kyungsoo bashfully smiles at his second boss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything works fine at the cafe though he needs to keep up with his assignments and working hours. Kyungsoo thinks he can handle this. Probably on this semester he can just keep on working at Churros King and save up for his studies too.

Another great thing Churros King do that impressed Kyungsoo is how the cafe manages to get a few regular customers by just their third weeks of their opening. The cafe actually attracts a lot of students to visit them after schools. On weekend, Kyungsoo sees a lot of families come and eat the churros together. Probably one day, if his family decided to visit him at the university, Kyungsoo will bring his family members to eat at the cafe.

The part time worker actually got his own regular customer. Oh Sehun. That boy is the third year student at Daejoen High School. First time Kyungsoo meets the boy, Sehun abruptly turns around without placing any order. He eyes the boy and keeps holding his right hand where Kyungsoo has slightly touches him. His friend from the same table end up ordering the food for them. He can see how reluctant Sehun is when his friends stand up from the chairs. It seems like they are busy that with a lot of shopping bags around them.

 

 

 

 

Since that day, Sehun frequently stop by the shop. His favourite order is ice chocolate milk and a half dozen of churros with a chocolate dips. Sehun doesn't seem want to change the order even Kyungsoo sometimes offers him a new menu available at the cafe. 

It almost three months after their grand opening and the cafe still full of people who want to eat hot churros made by Minseok himself. Sehun also has become a regular customer as he will visit the cafe since two months ago. However, Sehun's visit to the cafe only occurs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only, matching with Kyungsoo's daily shift. Occasionaly he will come on weekends together with his usual friend who came with him last time and sometimes he comes alone. 

Jongdae seems to hate that high schooler so much. He keeps telling Kyungsoo to be very careful with Sehun. The older man also label Sehun as a stalker. 

"Be careful, Soo. One day he might do something to you." Jongdae whispers at him one day when Sehun weirdly ask Kyungsoo which high school did he attend. Kyungsoo only laughs at Jongdae antic. He knows a the tall and lanky high school boy means no harm to him and every visit he makes at the cafe is just a silly crush that boy have on him. 

"I think I should have be more careful on you compared to Sehun though. You look like you a trsut issue though." Kyungsoo retorts.

" Well, I do. Grown up with Minseok only make me wary with everyone arounds us." Jongdae shrugs. Kyungsoo somehow regrets saying that to his second boss. Kyungsoo knows both of the siblings have a rough past even though they haven't tell Kyungsoo everything. Just a few background about them were mentioned to avoid the awkwardness between the boss and the employee. 

Seeing how Kyungsoo stance changes a lil bit, Jongdae quickly massage Kyungsoo shoulder, "It's okay, I know you didn't mean what you say but really, I just want you to be careful." The older man sighs, "I heard something not nice about Sehun though. I just don't want to pry since I don't really like him."

Kyungsoo only laughes at Jongdae's banter. He guesses that Jongdae doesn't take to heart his words just now. "Okay Jongdae. I will be more careful next time, okay?" 

The second cafe owner pinches Kyungsoo cheek. "Good boy~". He quickly runs before Kyungsoo tackle him down.

 

 

 

 

 

So, when he hears someone screaming his name at the carnival area, he gets shocked. " Sehun?" He squints towards the high school direction and the boy is jumping excitedly while raising up his hands in the air. Kyungsoo snicker but he waves to him and Sehun runs to his stall. 

"What are you doing here? How do you know I am here?" Kyungsoo questions. 

Sehun tries to take a breath and smiles widely to his favourite hyung. " I have my way but trust me, don't let that cat-faced hyung take over the cash machine again. He was so fierce though." 

Kyungsoo just chuckles. Of course, Jongdae will tell Sehun his wehereabouts. As much that guy hates Sehun's gut, he still let the taller boy to flirt with Kyungsoo. 

"Jongdae just being like that towards you though. I wonder what did you do though..?" 

" Like I said, i have my way." Sehun said smugly. "Do you work here all day?" The boy asks, gaining a questioning face from Kyungsoo. He does not work all day because he will alternate with some of his coursemate but he does not really know when will they take over his shift. Baekhyun haven't his text message yet. 

"Umm, not for all day but I did not know when my friend will replace me after this. Why?"

Sehun scratches his neck in embarassment. He literally wants to ask Kyungsoo for a tour around the festival but he think it would be awkward to do so because they are not really in speaking terms. Both are really shy even though Sehun can be bolder than Kyungsoo. "I... I have been thinking about having a tour around the campus and the fest. If only you're going to accompany me...."

Judging from number of customers he have been receiving from this morning, Kyungsoo thinks Baekhyun can manage the stall without his help but the biggest problem right now, his coursemate is not answering any of Kyungsoo text even after 30 minutes he has been doing so. 

"I can show you around but my friend is not here yet. Maybe you have a scope of ice-cream first before we go around?"

"It is on me." Kyungsoo offers with a sweet smile. Of course Sehun would not the chance slides in front of his face. "Okay, since it is on you."

 

 

Little did they know their movements have monitored from far by someone.