Final

Don't Be A Fool

“Can’t you love me?” Jihyo says at almost a whisper to him. He has her heart. She never knows and never wants to know since when. She got tears in her eyes.

The other person just smirks. Shake his head as disapprove to her words.

“Didn’t I tell you not to have any feeling for me? I warn you right?”

Maybe to those who not know what he looks like will think that he just say a normal thing with that voice of his.

“But why? WHY?” Jihyo raises her voice. Tears fall down streaming her face. “all those hour that we spend together. The kisses, hugs that we share, they are more than real for me oppa! Call me crazy but how can that you hug me like that without any feeling involve?”

“Jihyo-ahh..” the man breath out her name as if her name suffocated him enough.

He wants to open his arm for her. He wants it so much to comfort her, say that he wants her too. But…he just can’t.

“Don’t be a fool Jihyo-ah.. stop wasting your time by pulling me into your fairy tale. I had warned you, we must not have any feeling attach.”

The man say before leaves Jihyo sitting alone.

As if the whole world collapse, Jihyo whining alone in that empty apartment, with his name repeat as mantra, “oppa… Kang Gary.. Gary oppa…” she’s crying and whining to sleep, curling alone on that cold floor.

*

“What’s up?” Woobin pats Gary’s shoulder. He handed him a can of drink.

“Nothing, just feeling like wants catches up with you.” Gary called him at 2 a.m just now, sound desperate when he busy with all woman around him at the club.

It doesn’t make any sense he just want to catch up, but by looking at him, he knows what lingering in Gary’s mind.

“Is it Jihyo?” He sips his drink and stole a glance at Gary. He’s staring blankly at his drink before let a heavy sigh.

“Sh…she…she asked me to love her.” now, it’s Gary’s turn to whisper his word. It sounds like he’s been stab on heart.

“Is it a hard thing to do?” Woobin says sarcastically to Gary. His gaze fixes to watch whatever in front him, but not Gary’s eyes.

Jihyo. a poor girl that attached to Gary. She’s like a lost puppy when Gary found her. Gary never tells Woobin the whole story, but what he knows, Jihyo, that girl is so attached to Gary. he’s getting confused why Gary can’t give back the love that Jihyo want?

“You know why I can’t! you know that, bastard!” Gary throw his drink away.

“Don’t be a fool hyung! She’s long gone. No matter how much you wait, she’ll never come back. Accept…” Woobin can’t finish his word when Gary punches on his face. Oh my! He can feel the metallic fluid.

“Shut up! You don’t understand, you’ll never understand!” with that Gary walks away, leaving frustrated Woobin laying on the floor.

“Noona, do you see?” Woobin says with sad eyes, staring at the sky.

*

“You come here!” Jihyo runs faster when that voice sound so near. She runs for her life.

“Yah! ! Stop right there!” Jihyo runs with tears. She’s rather die tonight than become a punching bag for her stepfather.

Being a punching bag is one thing, to be sold to settle his loan is another thing. She can afford to be a punching bag but not as trade to settle the loan.

She has many dreams that she wants to achieve. To be a successful person, to be a fashion designer. And at that thought, her legs give up.

To be a fashion designer. That is what her promise to her late mother.

But can she make it become true now? When she’s busy running away, without knowing where she’s heading to?

She falls, and that was when her stepfather groans like a crazy person before kick her.

One.

Two.

The number continue and Jihyo just screaming in her mind, “Omma..omma…omma..help me..omma..”

“Omma!” Jihyo pants heavily before notice the person next to her, his hand around her waist. that person sit up before pull her in the warm embrace.

Tears fall down. she’s so weak when this person around her.

That night was when Gary saved her from her stepfather.

“Nightmare?” Gary her back, calming her down. jihyo nods at that before puts her arms around Gary’s neck.

“Everything will be alright.” Gary says with his husky voice before pull Jihyo down to the bed. Jihyo moves a bit to make herself comfortable. Gary still pats her back.

She still remembers that night.

After all the kicks, she unconscious and the next thing she know, she’s at Gary house. it takes few months for Jihyo before she can talk to people. Her stepfather? No one knows what Gary did to him. And she never wants to know.

From that random night has meet her up with this guy. How many years have it from that night? She’s never count. What is their relationship? Even she, herself doesn’t know.

One thing that she knows and always bear in mind, every night, she will be in this embrace. Waking in the morning with him greets her.

Gary always say no to her but his action make she become confused. The kisses and hugging and all. The night he left her alone that night, the next morning, she’s in his embrace. He always say he can’t love her, when he, himself full of love.

“What make you so hard to be loved , oppa?” Jihyo traces his lips. He’s fall asleep while pats her just now.

*

Jihyo. That girl, she has something. But he has promised not to give this feeling to anyone except her. but she wants him to be happy. Loving Jihyo will make him happy but giving this feeling to Jihyo make he become a betrayer. ‘

What should I do Eunhye-ah?’

*

“Life with a happy ending is a wish for everyone, so like Gary hyung and Eunhye noona.” Woobin stares at Jihyo.

“but they can’t when Eunhye noona kill herself after knowing she can’t pregnant. She wants it so much to give Kang’s family heir.”

“Gary hyung always tell her it’s ok but she can’t afford it make she kills herself. She consumed too many sleeping pills that weaken her body system. Gary hyung blames himself for years and become a cold person. Not until you came.”

Jihyo flinches at that. “when you came, it seems like you’re guiding him out from the darkness. I think that why he can’t love you. You’re something for him and he can’t afford it if you do the same thing like what noona did.”

“But, trust me, just keep on trying. He needs to know that he’ll be love and you’re not going to leave him. He tends to think, loving you will make him betray his love to noona. Tell him he’s not. Help him Jihyo-ah, I know you love him.”

*

“You’ll never understand Jihyo-ah. I can’t.. I can’t..” Gary break down. Jihyo gapes at that. for years, this is the first time she witness Gary become vulnerable.

She was clingy more that she always does and keeps on saying Gary that she loves him when Gary suddenly smashed the vase to the ground. And, now, kneels on the floor.

“Then make me understand what I should understand.” Jihyo says, fists her hands to make herself stronger.

“Was it so hard to just love me? I’m not asking you to forget her, I just want to love you, with you loving me back.”

“Is it too much for you? I just want your love, your heart.” Jihyo is kneeling, forcing Gary to look at her. The another hand touches where the other person heart beats.

“I just want to be yours. I’m not being greedy here, I just want a confirmation on what we are now. because I love you oppa.”

Jihyo wipes his tears before kisses his lips. They’re soft. “You have my heart, Jihyo-ah.” Gary says, makes Jihyo tilts her head.

“Then, it gives no harm if we love each other right?” Jihyo encourages him. Gary shakes his head, “Bu…” Jihyo silent him by kiss him once again.

“It is better to be a fool to love than be a fool for not trying, oppa.” Jihyo whispers and rests their forehead against each other.

“Say it, oppa.. say it..”

“I love you, Jihyo-ah..” ________________________________________________________________________________ Hye there! I don’t know what I’m writing. Inspired by Don’t Be A Fool by Shawn Mendez. Hope you guys enjoy it..:)

Sorry for the first 20 views bcos of my paragraphs(if any of you reread..)