Final

How we once were

Wheein pov- 

"Angel wheein, please wake up." A soft whisper sings into my ears. 
My eyes peeled open at the plead. A gentle smile made its way onto my face as I stared back at the pretty sight. Yongsun unnie. My angel. 

"Unnie, its 9pm, what are you doing here?"I asked, still adjusting my eye sight against the brightness. 

"Hyejin-ah told me that you're still sick and haven't eaten properly, so I came bearing gifts." She stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I adjust myself, now sitting upright with my back leaned against the headboard, I glanced at my dressing table. It was mounted with food. My eyes darts back to unnie, only to find her smiling softly back at me. 

"Okay so lets get some food in you and then you can take some cold medicine and go back to sleep. Sound good?" She asks, dragging me out of bed and into the living room. I seated myself onto the sofa with kkmoko laying peacefully on my lap. 

I eyes followed her every move, she seems more graceful as she manual herself around my apartment. Watching her like this takes me back to a time when we weren't close like now, when we skirted around one another, how awkward we both were when it was just us two. I remembered feeling a burning desire to get closer to unnie. Unnie was so alluring with her uniqueness and quirks, it was hard not to be captivated by her. It was hard for us both at the start but I still remember the when it all began. 

It was the middle of summer, we haven't debuted yet. I remember ushering hyejin-ah back to the dorm where she can rest with the unnies, assuring her that I would be fine staying at the company by myself. I wanted to practice some dance routine. After an hour or so of dancing I decided to take a break and started wandering around the now quiet company. Most have gone home leaving only a handful of people to finish up their work or plan for tomorrow. Because we're a small company that's hasn't really made any establishment in the industry, the workload wasn't as hectic, so work was mostly done by 8pm. 
After 30mins or so of playing around I decided to head back to the dance room. As I walked passed a studio room, I hear a beautiful piano melody. Being a curious child, I quietly peeked inside the room. The lighting was dimmed, creating a soft, soothing atmosphere. 

I watched yongsun unnie play the piano from a profile perspective view, still totally unaware of my presence. Her fingers dance gracefully on the piano keys. She had her hair up in a messy bun with several loose strands that spiralled down her delicate features. 
When she ended on the last note, my hands automatically came together. She jumped at the abrupt noise. Her eyes wide. 

"That was beautiful, unnie." I tell her, making my way from the doorway towards her. 

"Oh, thanks wheein. I thought you went home with hyejin-ie.." she says. 

I flopped down on a chair besides her. 
"Nope, I wanted to go over some dance routine and plus I thought I'd let her get some bonding time with you or byulyi-unnie. I thought you were at home." I tell her and shrugged. 

"Well it looks like byul and hyejinie will be bonding tonight then." She smiles. 

I vividly remember the horrible awkward silence that followed. I wanted nothing more than to rip away that thick coat of stiff silence. 

"Say wheein, have you finished your dance practice?" Unnie suddenly asks. 

"Oh yeah, why?" I replied, eyeing her curiously. 

"I'm sure you haven't eaten yet so come eat with me. Sound good?" 

"Sounds great. Unnie I know this great place near Han river, lets go there." 

That was the moment a knot began to tie. We started with random talk, then talking about likes and dislikes, our hopes and dreams, our troubles, and before long it seemed as if the loosely tied thread transformed into a metal chain. 

"Comanie, come eat. Everything is set up." Unnie says handing me a pair of chopsticks. I take with a smile. 

"Unnie lets go take a walk at Han river like we did before." I started after we both finished the meal and began to eat up. 

"Sure but not tonight, you need rest. Your fever would most likely drop a bit by tomorrow." She says while giving me some cold medicine and a glass of water. 

"Okay, I want to go eat at that place again." I tell her excitedly, after obediently taking the instructed medicine. 

"Alright, now go sleep my comanie." She says and pats my head affectionately before taking her leave. 

"Goodnight my angel."