Chapter 3

The Secret Garden

  Eun Hye had spent the rest of the afternoon parading Seung-Hyun around the palace that day.  Growing tired, they stop by a nearby fountain out across from the main terrace. “Well, as you can see that seems to be most of it…I’m sure you will be wanting to get back to your room now that it’s getting dark, I’ll just call one of the ser—“ Eun Hye began as she turned to go back to the palace she felt a distinct lock onto her wrist.

“Your uncle must not have brought you up correctly—you belong to me now princess. I say, when it is time leave.” Seung-Hyun answered coldly.

Furrowing her brows—Eun Hye could only stare back at Seung-Hyun in disbelief.

  “Who exactly had Uncle let into the palace this time?” She thought to herself.

“You had best let go of me—if my Uncle hears about this—“ Eun Hye began only to suddenly jolted forward.

“He’ll what? Refuse to sign the treaty with my father. You’re pathetic kingdom won’t last long if it doesn’t gain some stronger allies. I’m sure your Uncle already knows that.” Seung-Hyun smirked and released her wrist with a swift motion downward.

Continuing to lock his darkened eyes onto her, he stood silent for a moment as his expression slightly softened. “You must be tired from all that walking around today, no?” He said quietly as he ran the back of his hand against her cheek and trailed it down to her collarbone.

The very thought of Seung-Hyun touching her made her skin crawl and as his hand traveled down, Eun Hye pursed her lips, her stomach beginning to sear with knots. Yet, she stood still, somewhat unnerved by his grip on her dainty wrist just moments before.

Pulling her close with a demanding squeeze, his long, willowy fingers thumbed at her neckline as brought his other hand up to hold the back of her neck as he pressed his lips on to hers. Naturally wanting to pull away, a short inaudible muffle came from her as she faintly tried to pull back only to be met by Seung-Hyun’s hand jerk the back of her head.

Yanking away after a few moments, the same smug look became plastered over his face and stepped back. “Goodnight, Princess.” He whispered as brushed past her without another word and left the room.

Standing almost dazed, Eun Hye escorted herself over to one of the sitting chairs and caught her breath. “Just who the hell was this guy?” She thought as she looked at her wrist. Normally outspoken in nature, this had been one of the first times in a long time that Eun Hye had been silenced so easily. Whether it was out of fear, confusion, or a bit of both, she sat a mix of emotions. If anything in addition, she began to felt infuriated again by the asive reminder that her life was not her own and that now even, outsiders considered her a commodity.