Greasy Namu's Birthday

Greasy Namu's Birthday

It's another busy day for Infinite, specially for Woohyun with his new drama High School Love On made his schedule hectic. Thankfully, he's not alone. He's with Sungyeol, being with this Chodding makes his day less tired. With the younger's cheery and hyper attitude, it helps Woohyun to unwind when they were in set.

Today, was one of the many days that they were both tired. When they were on their way home, Sungyeol was sleeping on their van. Woohyun tried to sleep because the travel from their set to their dorm takes one hour so it's a good opportunity to get some sleep but he can't. He can't stop from being excited because tomorrow is his birthday or let's say that two hours from now will be his birthday, and he's sure that the members would have a surprise for him because that's what they usually do. He can't help but think what would be their surprise this time.

It was already 12 midnight but they were still stock on the traffic jam. Woohyun was now getting pissed because it's now his birthday but no members greeted him, even his manager. It was very quite inside the van, minus from Sungyeol's light snoring. Woohyun expected that Sungyeol will greet him but the latter was still sleeping.

He checked his phone but there were no greetings from the members, there are some who greeted him. His friends and family but no members. He checked on twitter expecting that maybe the members uploaded something on there to greet him but only his fans do. Woohyun feel a little excited because Myungsoo posted on IG, but he's excitement died because Myungsoo only posted a selca of him and Sungyeol.

"We're here, please wake Sungyeol. I'll head first." He's manager said after he parked the van in the parking lot then get off the van, leaving Woohyun with a sleeping Sungyeol.

Woohyun shakes the younger, he's still expecting that when Sungyeol will wake up and noticed the time, he will immediately greet Woohyun a happy birthday.

The younger stir a little but still not waking up. Seriously, Sungyeol was now having the same trait like Myungsoo. He's now one of the members that was difficult to wake up, he's a light sleeper before.

"Yeol, we're here. Wake up." Woohyun keep on shaking Sungyeol.

The younger did wake up but to Woohyun's discontent, Sungyeol only looked at him then get off the van. Still half asleep. Halfheartedly, Woohyun didn't have a choice but to follow Sungyeol to their dorm. Walking behind Sungyeol because Sungyeol looks like he's sleep walking.

When they arrived at their dorms door, Woohyun still expects that maybe the members will greet him with a cake and balloons just like what they did last year. But what greeted him was just a sleepy Myungsoo,  helping a sleeping Sungyeol remove his shoes. Myungsoo lifted his gaze from Sungyeol and looked at him.

"Hi hyung. The others are now sleeping, you should rest now too." That's what Myungsoo said then walked with Sungyeol to their shared room.

Woohyun was left dumbfounded in the foyer, he still can't believe that no one greeted him on his birthday except from the Inspirits. Woohyun tried to convince himself that the members and their manager were just tired, so maybe their surprised will be tomorrow.

•♥•

When morning came, Woohyun woke up with a good mood, hoping that the surprise will be this morning. But his mood was ruined because the members didn't remember his birthday. Sunggyu left the dorm early because he have his own schedule. Howon and Dongwoo was in the gym. Myungsoo was in their practice room, practicing something. The maknae was still sleeping.

"Woohyun, you wake up so late. We need to go, you still have shooting. Get dressed now, Sungyeol and I will be waiting in the van." Their manager said, sounding pissed.

And now, Woohyun was no longer happy. He was no longer expecting something from the members.

When Woohyun joined Sungyeol and their manager on the van, Woohyun didn't bother not to show his sour mood. Woohyun was a little shock because Sungyeol didn't mind, instead the younger just focused his attention on his script, reading and practicing it not paying attention to Woohyun.

Woohyun didn't have a choice but to pay attention on the window, looking on the cars and bus that passed by. Unfortunately, they were packed again on a traffic jam. Looking on the bus that stopped beside their van, Woohyun noticed that there was a greeting on the bus. It was a bus greeting for his birthday, probably from his fans. He was so happy to see that, he literally opened the van's window.

"That's me! It's my birthday! Thank you so much Inspirits!" He shouted happily to the people occupying the bus while pointing on the greetings on the bus.

Some people on the bus smiled, took a picture of him, greeted him and some didn't care but Woohyun was so happy. When the bus accelerated, he closed the window again with a wide smile plastered on his face. He his left to see Sungyeol looking at him weirdly.

"What?" He asked, still smilling.

"Nothing." Sungyeol said annoyed.

"You know, it's my birthday today." Woohyun informed Sungyeol.

"I know." Sungyeol said, as if it's just a normal holiday then turned his attention back on his script that he was holding.

"You should greet me." Woohyun said, now back on his sour mood.

"Happy Birthday." Sungyeol said casually, not lifting his gaze from the script he was reading.

Woohyun didn't say thanks, he was pissed. How could Sungyeol treat him like that? As if he was a stranger or what? Does his birthday not important to him?

After that, Woohyun never talked to Sungyeol. Throughout the shoot, he never talk to him. And the younger didn't mind it at all that made Woohyun even mad. But thanks to the other artists on the shoot, because they greet him. They even give him a cake to blow and to wish on, at least Woohyun's day is not that bad.

•♥•

What made Woohyun super pissed on his birthday is that Sungyeol and his manager left him at the set. Woohyun have last scene to take that's why Sungyeol headed to their van first. When he went to the parking lot, where their manager parked the van this morning, it was empty. Woohyun looked around, and their van was nowhere to be seen. He was about to ask the crew of the set if they seen Sungyeol or their manager when his phone on his pocket buzzed.

From: Manager Hyung

Woohyun~ah, just take a taxi on your way home. I got a meeting and I just take Sungyeol home. Take care!

That's what he received. Woohyun felt like crying, no one give importance on his birthday. So with a broken heart, Woohyun called a taxi and went home.

When he open  the door of their dorm, he noticed that all of the lights turned off. The members and the manager were probably sleeping. It's already late, so Woohyun was now crying on the foyer. They didn't even greeted him and now they just sleep without waiting for him? He was focused on crying that he didn't noticed the faint voice of singing and a light approaching to him.

When the light that came from a candle was near to him, the singing grew louder that made Woohyun stopped crying.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birythday, Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday to you!" That's what he heard.

"Blow your candle Hyung!" That's Sungjong's voice.

Woohyun closed his eyes then blew the candle. After he blew it, the light revealing the six members with Sunggyu holding the cake in front of him. Their manager was on the back, smiling. He looked around the dorm and noticed that it was decorated beautifully. There was a banner with a Happy Birthday Greasy Namu, and balloons were scattered everywhere. The members and the manager were wearing party hats. He looked at the kitchen and there were so many food that he doubt they can finish it.

Dongwoo skipped happily to his side and let him also wear a party heart.

"Happy Birthday Hyung!" Dongwoo said and hugged him tightly then hand him a gift.

"Happy Birthday Hyung! Your now old!" Sungjong was the next to greet him, he also hugged him.

"Old man! Happy Birthday!" Hoya said, handing him a gift.

"Yah! Why are you crying? You'll get uglier! Anyways, Happy Birthday Hyung!" It was Myungsoo while taking a picture of a crying Woohyun.

"Happy Birthday Greasy Old Man! Your face this morning in the van was priceless! I'm about to laugh, but I'm a good actor so I controlled it well and pre--" Sungyeol was cut off by Sunggyu.

"Happy Birthday Woohyun~ah." Sunggyu said sweetly.

Woohyun was so happy this time. s do love him a lot, these surprise prove it all. And he can't stop but to wish that this feeling will stay forever. He love his memebers a lot. This is the best brithday ever! 

 

 

 

an

this is my birthday gift for our greasy namu! Hope you like it! Comments are appreciated. 

- see you again for Myungsoo's birthday 👋 -