Log:1

Aliens (continuing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Taehyung looked up from writing his latest report as Hoseok approached; the engineer was grinning and Taehyung just knew his patience was about to be tested.

“There you go,” Hoseok said, as he handed over Taehyung’s personal comm unit.

Taehyung strapped it on his wrist while Hoseok made himself comfortable sitting on the edge of the station Taehyung was using.

“So what did it do— or not do— this time that made you decide to fry it?” Hoseok asked, pretending rather pathetically to look at his comm unit, as though it was just a throwaway question.

Taehyung gritted his teeth. It was the second time he had had to get Hoseok to repair his comm unit in the last 128 cycles. He didn’t want Hoseok to know that his magic was slipping out of his control. He was a master level mage, the highest level of their people, and the youngest to ever reach said level. He couldn’t let it get out that he was a possible danger to anyone, including himself.

The comm unit had just been the latest casualty since they started this mission. The first had been a light that sat beside his bed, then a pair of his favorite pants that he happened to be holding during a flare up— it got turned into a skirt— and lastly he had managed to dye his own hair green. It was lucky for him that all this happened in his room, and he looked in the mirror before he went out. Add to that the two times he had fried his comm unit, and he was starting to get very worried. The only person he told anything to was Minister Namjoon; as his superior, the other being had to be aware of what was happening with his crew.

He sneered at Hoseok and adopted his trademark cold mask. “What my comm did, or did not do, is none of your business. If you could remove yourself from my station, I need to finish this report before the final mission briefing.”

Hoseok jumped down and hurried off; people always did when Taehyung used that voice. Hoseok was probably worried he would be next instead of the comm unit.

Taehyung shook his head and returned to his report. Once he was sure he was unobserved, he removed his comm unit and secured it with a strand of magic twisted in the fabric just under his waistband, making sure it didn’t touch his skin. He hoped that would protect it if his magic flared up again and that no one would notice.

He was just finishing his report when the call went out ship-wide that all crew were to report for a briefing.

Sighing, he closed the program he was using and strapped his comm unit back on his wrist as he headed out the door.

****

There were seven of them, including Taehyung, sitting round a long table. Minister Namjoon sat at the head with his mate, Seokjin, at his left and Taehyung at his right. Also on Taehyung’s side of the table was Hoseok— who was trying to keep his distance. On the other side were the twins, Choa and Way, and another guard Jimin, sitting between them.

Namjoon stood to take his place by the screen on the wall. “Right, let’s start with a ship’s report. Hoseok, how are the engines holding up?”

Hoseok looked down at his data pad. “Engines are fine, and we are good with keeping this speed up until we enter Earth’s airspace.”

Namjoon nodded his thanks and looked at the twins. “Choa, how long until we reach Earth’s airspace, and Way, are the comm systems ready?”

One twin nodded. “Yes, the comm system is fully operational, and we are only waiting to get into comm range. Choa?” She looked at her twin.

“We will be in comm range in two cycles and will be in Earth’s airspace in four cycles.”

Namjoon nodded his thanks again before turning to the last person. “Jimin, are the weapons fully functioning but ready to go off-line? We don’t want any mistakes to lead to any misunderstandings.”

Jimin nodded. “Yes, sir, everything is ready and fully functioning. I have coded the weapons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter