Chapter 1: Unexpected News

Eterna: 4ever Eternal

Pellets of rain hit her head as she ran to the entrance of the company. Bo-Yeong could feel every single drop as it touched her skin and left a mark. The rain was heavy and she clearly did not dress for the occasion. 

Bo-Yeong quickly ran inside the automatic sliding doors and sighed at how she was completely drenched. She quickly wiped at her forehead, clearing some of the water away. She then placed her hair behind her ears as if to prevent it from getting in her way.

After looking a little more presentable she headed to the front of the company, approaching the woman sitting anxiously at the desk. She couldn't seem to stop moving as her eyes flitted across the screen and continuously glanced at the phone, seeming to wait for a call.

Bo-Yeong walked towards the desk, hoping to be helped when the strange woman did not even give her a second of her time. She watched her move, wondering when to ask the question she was eager to find the answer to. But because of her invert shyness, she couldn't bring herself to speak. Bo-Yeong is a rather quiet individual; she likes to avoid certain situations where she would have to interact with others outside of her comfort zone but it seems like she was going to have to get used to that, and real soon.

With encouragement from the little voice in the back of her head, she tried to get the woman's attention.

"E-Excuse me?" Her voice barely came above a whisper and the woman didn't hear a thing. She continued to flip through piles of papers stacked on her desk, and eyeing the phone. Bo-Yeong tried again.

"Excuse me, miss?" She spoke a little louder this time and it seemed to work to a certain degree. The woman glanced up to see her drenched state and the look of worry plastered on her face. She returned to the work she was doing before.

"How can I help you?" Bo-Yeong was relieved that she was able to hear her and she then gathered a little courage to ask what she had been waiting to all this time.

"Um...W-Where is the president's room?" The woman looked up again and after staring at the girl once more, her eyes widened a little to see who it was. She immediately got up and bowed towards her, apologizing repeatedly. 

"Oh miss, I am sorry I was preoccupied with all this work and I didn't even know it was you! I am sorry, let me call him and tell him that you are on the way. Sorry again miss..." She trailed off, hoping to get a name from the shy individual in front of her.

"Bo-Yeong." 

"Okay Ms. Bo-Yeong, just head over to the elevator on your left and head up to the 21st floor. He will be waiting for you when you get there." She smiled warmly towards Bo-Yeong, making her a little embarrassed but still grateful.

"T-Thank you," She said before running off in a hurry to see the man she had kept waiting. Her converses hit the floor running and she almost slipped on a puddle on the ground. She caught herself thankfully and then went to hit the elevator door button. After a few minutes of waiting, she eagerly stepped inside, hitting the button that read 21.

As soon as the doors closed, a man yelled for the elevator but it was too late. She blinked a few times, thinking that she imagined the thing and decided to just go with that. She then decided to work on what she was going to say. She had decided to go with the story that traffic was crazy because of an accident on the road which is accurate to say the least. She had to leave the cab she was riding in and run the rest of the way to the building. From her appearance, he should hopefully believe that. 

The elevator started to slow down and as Bo-Yeong looked at the floor, she had reached her level. It came to a stop and the doors opened. What she didn't expect though was to see a person immediately on the other side of the doors and she jumped a little. 

He was all dressed in black, wearing incredibly dark sunglasses and had what appeared to be an communication device in his right ear. His hands were held tightly in front of him and he stood in a pose only those of authority would show. She was startled by the appearance of the strange man and she had no idea what to do.

"Hae Bo-Yeong?" Upon hearing her name, she stared at the man not wanting to answer. But seeing that he would not move, she gave a slight nod to see if that would be enough. He then moved to the right, opening up a space for her to get out. Hesitant, she walked out of the elevator slowly, watching the man's every move. She glanced around, astonished by how the place looked.

The hallway was long but by no means narrow. Smoothed granite was on the walls in a gray color and cherry wood flooring made the floor smooth and spotless. Exotic plants lined the halls, bringing out a little color to the otherwise kind of dreary looking hallway. There was only one door at the end of the hall and there were no paintings hung anywhere. 

She glanced at the man once more and he stayed silent, standing like how he was before. Curious, she took a step down the hall and quickly glanced back at the man. He remained unmoved and only seemed stare straight ahead of him. Bo-Yeong decided then that this must be where his office is. She was determined to make a good impression on her first day, despite being a little late and as drenched as a rat. Step by step, her shoes made a little noise on the ground, creeping her out a bit. 

After walking to the door, she leaned an ear to the side, waiting to see if she heard anything. She listened attentively, hearing multiple voices inside. She leaned back and reached out to knock. She bit her lip out of nervousness as a habit, trying to calm down a bit. She then lightly knocked three times consecutively before entering the door. She placed her hand back down in front of the other, rubbing the thumb lightly over her skin. All the voices suddenly stopped and that made her even more anxious.

"Come in." After hearing the given words, she reached for the door handle and turned it right, pushing it open slowly. With each inch, her nerves increased, wanting to either open the door fully or run away. She peeked inside and noticed that there were two other people sitting down and the CEO seemed to be at his desk. Before being able to fully opening the door, something hit her, causing it to fly open. She fell to the ground, face first and yelped in pain.

She started to move up when the one of the two stangers rushed to her side.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked in a worried tone. She opened her eyes to see a rather attractive man in front of her. His eyes were filled with worry for Bo-Yeong and that made her heart flutter a bit. 

"I-I'm okay," she whispered, moving to stand up. After getting up, she winced when she realized that she hurt her right knee. Upset, she looked to see what it was that pushed her when she saw someone else. Another man, one that looked vaguely familiar. Without even apologizing, he went and sat down at one of the chairs, crossing his legs. Bo-Yeong scoffed a little, clearly peeved at the rude man.

"So...are we going to start this or what?" He talked, seeming to have a certain 'I am better than you all' air about him. 

"Start this? First you should apologize to her." The one who helped her spoke. He had short brown hair and was at least 10 inches taller than Bo-Yeong. He had kind eyes and seemed to look kind of american.

"Apologize? She was slow opening the door. It's her own fault." He muttered, clearly not realizing how he had hurt her. Bo-Yeong noticed the american looking man's jaw clenched, trying to hold back from hurting this incompetent man in front of him. 

"Her fault? Are you-"

"I-It's fine. I'm okay," She spoke, not wanting anything to start. The last thing she wanted to do was to start a fight, especially in front of their boss. They all looked over at Bo-Yeong and saw that she was looking down, fumbling with her fingers. Instead of wanting to be stared at the whole time, she sat down in the chair in the back, away from the other four people in the room. 

"Well...that is one way to meet each other." The CEO then sighed, sitting up from his chair. Bo-Yeong looked up at that and noticed how distressed he looked. As she looked around the room it felt more like a hangout area than an executive's office. It was tiny, the carpet was red and soft to the touch, the walls were plastered white, with numerous landscape paintings decorating the area. There were a few trophies on a stand to the left of the desk, showing off the accomplishments of the bands the company has. His desk was narrow, and cluttered, obviously showing how much work he has to sort through and deal with in one day.

"You all know why you have been called here, correct?" He questioned, studying each one of the faces in the room. Bo-Yeong nodded along with the third man she did not know yet while the other two looked lost. 

"Well after each of you have been training with this company for a few years, we thought that it was time to place you all in a group." He began, placing his hands in front of him as he spoke. At that Bo-Yeong suddenly got a sense of what was happening and she did not like one bit of it.

"Wait-"

"You can't mean-"

"You four are going to become the first Coed group at this company." He stated, leaving them all in shock. None of them were expecting such an idea. 

"Hell no!" The rude one suddenly rised, bursting out. "Join a group with these three losers?! No way. I'm out." He then left the room, leaving the CEO to go after him. 

"Yah, get back here!" He stopped before going after him and turned to the other three of us. "You guys stay put. I will handle this." And then he was gone, the door clicking as it locked into place.

Bo-Yeong's mind started to go crazy. She was excited when she heard she was going to be in a group but being the only girl? She had no idea how to handle this and the thought of being in a group with that bastard was the last thing she wanted to do. 

"Great. Just great," The other man spoke. He had short lighter brown hair as well and he was a scrawny fellow, almost to the point where he looked anorexic. "Why in the one chance that I get to debut it is with a jerk, an american, and a little girl." Bo-Yeong was startled by his harsh words and tried her best to not let it show how it affected her. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" The other guy asked, also seeming hurt by his words. "And why are you being a jerk yourself? You think any one of us knew about this?" He brought up, making the other guy squirm in his seat a little bit. 

"Well, no but-"

"But nothing. Also, don't go assuming anything until you get to know us first." He left it at that, and the room suddenly turned silent. Bo-Yeong did not know what to do in this situation. Should she say something? Should she introduce herself? All these questions circled in her head but she didn't do a thing except wait along with the others. 

It took a bit for the CEO to come back with the rude boy but when he did he seemed to have calmed down a little bit. He went and sat back where he was before, seeming to be what was pouting. The CEO then sat back down in his chair and turned to face all of us.

"Okay, any more complaints or should I just let you all go back to training for another few years before you even have a possible chance of another debut?" He spoke harsh, tired and frustrated from this situation. The four sat in silence, not wanting to be the one to make the CEO become uncorked. 

"Good. Now, it will still be a while before you debut but we already have the song and choreography for you guys. So we want you to practice as soon as possible so we can make sure you four are perfect by the time you have your first performance." Bo-Yeong grew nervous, now knowing that this was going to not be anything like she expected. Much less with three guys, with only one looking nice so far.

"Therefore, you will start rehearsals tomorrow. For now I want you all to get to know each other better and see if you can at least try to get along." He looked at the two that fought earlier in particular. "So, let's get started, shall we? Follow me this way." He then rose from his seat, and started to walk towards the door. The four followed behind shuffling their way out with Bo-Yeong being the last one. She shut the door behind her and hurried down after the others.

They all climbed in the elevator and headed down to level 10 where the practice rooms are. There are 6 floors dedicated to practice rooms and 4 of them are for trainees while 2 levels are for the professional bands. It was exciting to be going to this floor as Bo-Yeong was careful to not been seen up here as trainees have gotten in trouble for doing so before.

The elevator opened, and they all climbed out and continued to follow the CEO. Bo-Yeong made sure to stay in the back, separating herself from the others. She is not that great around guys and so it was going to be a while before she warmed up to them more. If she ever will.

After multiple turns, they finally stopped. The CEO grabbed a key from inside his jacket pocket and began to open the door. In a few seconds, the door opened and Bo-Yeong was curious to see what their practice room looked like. 

"Go on in. Check it out yourselves." The CEO ushered them inside, waiting next to the door. They were all in awe. It was much bigger than the practice rooms for trainees and it was incredibly spacious, fitting probably up to at least 15 people in there to practice. Bo-Yeong noticed that there were mirrors on the longest wall most likely to help see the mistakes and areas they need to practice in while they are dancing. 

It was then that something unexpected happened. What the four didn't realize was that the CEO stayed outside for a reason. And it was this reason that they were now trapped.

The door closed loudly, startling the four inside. And then that sound followed by a key locking it from the outside. The rude boy went and ran over to the door as the others watched, confused. 

"Yah! What is this?!" He yelled, banging on the door as the CEO's shadow could still be seen.

"This is to make sure you all actually get to know each other. I will be back in three hours so I hope by that time you all can all bond a little. Have fun~" He sang as he walked away whistling from the door, disappearing down the hall.

The rude boy continued to bang on the door calling out for him but after a minute he stopped. He then fell to the floor, most likely frustrated.

"Well, guess there is no choice." The american-korean started, going to sit in the middle of the room on the hardwood floor. "We might as well do what he says since we are trapped in here." 

The other three stood still staring at the man who was being weird. He glanced at each one of them, waiting for them to come as well. 

"Well?" He waited, patting the spots next to him. Bo-Yeong, looked at the other two and after noticing that they weren't moving she decided to make the first step. She slowly walked over to where he was and took a seat near him. He smiled at her, and glanced at the other two as well.

After seeing her move, the third man came to sit down as well, sighing heavily as he did so. The rude guy did not seem like he was going to move but after a minute he reluctantly came at least closer to the circle. 

"Alright!" The american-korean man said excitedly, glancing between each one of his fellow bandmates. "Now... who wants to go first?"