final.

kyungsoo-hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KYUNGSOO-HYUNG

 

"I'm not sure what I should be more concerned about," Jongin mumbles and Sehun turns his head to look at his best friend, confusion written all over his face. If Jongin needs counselling, then surely, Sehun is the wrong person to ask. Rather than being one to give out advice, he's the one in need of help, too.

"What?" He asks, attempting to be a good friend, but as the sound of laughter is carried over to their table, Sehun's attention diverts again, easily drifting over to where four junior students are sitting, two of them cracking up about some joke that the two others clearly don’t enjoy. Junmyeon hyung is forcing a smile while Kyungsoo continues eating, completely ignoring the world around.

"Today's lunch menu or your eternal crush on Kyungsoo-hyung."

" you."

Sehun huffs as Jongin laughs. It's definitely the lunch menu that Jongin should worry about. Luckily, Sehun never had to gamble like his friend - his mother always sends him off to school with homemade lunchboxes. He won’t die young due to food poisoning, unlike Jongin who had to buy his lunch at school every day, usually consisting of a bowl of rice, a bowl of undiscernible stew and a few lonely looking pieces of kimchi as side dish.

"I'm not going to share lunch with you," Sehun states, smirking when he sees Jongin's longing gaze directed to the neatly packed dosirak in front of him. He’s not gonna cave in this time.

"Oh, please, Oh Sehun, bestest of best friends," Jongin whines dramatically and Sehun flinches at the volume. "Stories of your benevolence and generosity shall be passed on to the whole world and generations after if you feed me some of your lunch. Kyungsoo-hyung, too, shall hear of your nobleness, and he will fall in l-"

Sehun stuffs Jongin's mouth with an extra-large piece of chicken and sighs. He's definitely being too good to his noisy friend. Next time he will just leave and let Jongin ramble on by himself, even if that means possible embarrassing stories being shared with the whole student body assembled in the cafeteria - including Do Kyungsoo, the school council's president and Sehun's crush.





Oh Sehun, sophomore and transfer student at Chungang High School, had taken a liking to Do Kyungsoo the moment he laid eyes on him. It had happened about two months ago, on his first day at the new school.

Born and growing up in Seoul, his best friend since childhood days had always been Jongin, so Sehun was elated to hear that after going to school in Busan for middle school, where his father had been working for a few years, they were relocating back to Seoul. And even better - Sehun would be reunited with his best friend with whom he had stayed in contact with throughout the years, meaning, he wouldn't be the new kid with no friends. He would start at the same school Jongin was attending, so at least, he had one good friend in the same year, and if he was lucky, they would be in the same class even.

Unfortunately, Jongin didn't live in the exact same neighborhood, but in another direction, so Sehun had to take the bus alone. Of course, going to school alone didn’t scare Sehun. He might look like he was trembling, but it was not nervousness or anxiety. It was expectancy. He was sixteen years old, after all. He did feel a bit lonely though, seeing everyone else chatting and laughing with their friends on the way to school, so when a younger boy wearing Chungang High's uniform took a seat right next to him, all scared, wide eyes and tense expression, Sehun decided to talk to him.

"Starting at a new school, huh?" Sehun began casually and smiled as the other turned towards him more. Like this, he could see the boy's face - young, boyish, and just so, so adorable. His cheeks were squishy, a baby face that Sehun would love to touch and pinch. Maybe later on he would be allowed to, once they were close, not simply sunbae and hoobae, but hyung and dongsaeng. He was sure that the boy didn't mind having an older friend. Older friends were cool, that had always been the case.

"Not really," the boy said. His voice was a lot deeper than Sehun had expected, but it had a nice, warm timbre to it. He sounded like he could be a good singer, and Sehun imagined the boy as the shy, quiet one in class who would surprise everyone with his smooth vocals if they ever were to do a noraebang night together.

"Ah, so you've attended Chungang Middle School, before?" That was Sehun's conclusion, to which the other just nodded, seemingly disinterested in continuing the conversation. Sehun wouldn't be Sehun though if he were to give up so quickly. He really wanted to befriend this cute freshman for a reason he couldn't tell yet (he told himself it was protectiveness over a cute, small dongsaeng, that and loneliness).

"Then, you don't have to be so scared and nervous," Sehun continued. "I mean, you'll probably have some of your former classmates and friends in the same class as you here as well."

There came no response and the boy had turned his head away again, yet Sehun continued to speak. He was sure the other was still listening.

"I'll be starting at Chungang High, too," he said. "I'm transfering from Busan. I do have a friend here though, so I won't be lonely. And if you don't have any friends in your class, you can always come to see me? I mean, I can be your cool sunbae. I'm a sophomore, you know?"

At that, the other looked at him through narrowed eyes and pursed his lips. Sehun just smiled back, not minding the glare. Maybe the boy was just socially awkward.





Sehun continued chatting to the boy despite the lack of response. He didn’t feel offended, but thought it to be the boy’s nature to be this calm and reclusive. It didn’t matter. The boy was cute, and Sehun had all intention of becoming friends even if all he knew about the other was the fact that they were both attending the same school. That information was enough as of now. They would surely cross paths again, somewhere on campus. Their school couldn’t possibly be that huge.

“We gotta get off here,” Sehun said before the bus had come to a stop. He heard the bus station’s name being announced and not wanting to make the mistake of missing the station he needed to get off at and risking to come late on his very first day at Chungang High, he got up quickly, one hand shooting out to drag his new friend by the wrist. Weaseling through the crowd of people in the bus was difficult, but somehow they managed, and Sehun continued to pull the younger boy with him, not letting go until they arrived in the main hall.

“Don’t worry,” Sehun tells the other with a bright smile. “Your first day will be great. New schools aren’t scary, okay? If anything bad happens though, just search for Oh Sehun, sophomore. See you later!”

The other didn’t reply and frowned, so Sehun told him to wait there until he had looked up his new class. Oddly, this school would only announce which student belonged to which class on the first day of every new school year. The students would be shuffled and put in different classes, the shuffling and choices most likely been done a few days before school started, similar to the way some Japanese schools were run if one was to trust manga and anime. Sehun didn’t mind th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter