end.

i'll give the shelter like you've done for me

 

 

Jungkook and Taehyung met online. It was about three years ago - on late june, he remembers. They started off with an awkward twenty questions conversation, which luckily, ended up pretty great. They have a lot of things in common; similar interests. They have the same taste in music, books, movies - Jungkook found that somewhat endearing. Even Taehyung’s personality was endearing. He was sweet, charming, weird . Jungkook could go on for days, weeks, months, and perhaps years talking about Taehyung despite knowing him through social media.

 

It was bad enough that he was quick to fall for him. Almost like those movies where people would fall in love in first sight.



 

Jungkook had missed a class the next day because of Taehyung. He claimed to his friends that it was all worth it .



 

It was tough to fall in love with someone who could presumably only exist in books or in another part of the universe. Jungkook’s life was a complete wreck and his friends weren’t being supportive either - well, they have tried.

 

1.

 

“At least he knows who you are, and vice versa. It is safe to say he is not a sixty years old e?”

 

Jungkook sighed, contemplating for the sake of his friend to understand what he had said. Wondered whether knowing Taehyung is not a sixty years old e would be the answer to everything.

 

It wasn’t. “I know he isn’t, Jimin - no, don’t give me that look - we’re both in the same age but he is the epitome of freaking Yoo Seung Ho while I am -” Before Jungkook could compare himself to a garbage truck, he was cut off almost instantly.

 

“So, what is the problem?”

 

Jungkook hid his face behind his hands, gazed on a round wooden table in wonder, “ I like him .” He had thought carefully about what he said. It was almost scary how sure he sounded. “Besides, we’ve only communicated through texts and sending each other pictures,” Jungkook mumbled, slowly moved his hands away from his face to sip his lukewarm coffee.  

 

“Call him? Video call?”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and groaned, “Easier said than done. You know I can’t. Video calling with someone you haven’t seen face to face is frightening.”

 

“Video calling with someone you have seen face to face is frightening to you as well,” Jimin pointed out for his sheer amusement.

 

Well.”

 

“I remember we all had a video chat when we’re all away for a vacation and you just sat there silently, typing away.”

 

Jungkook slapped Jimin’s face with his pillow that had been sitting on his lap since Jimin came in. He deserved it, especially when he was laughing like a piece of he is.

 

“It is weird okay? Especially with someone who doesn’t have their earphones on,” Jungkook glared, “I could hear my own voice like an unnecessary echo.”

 

“You have a beautiful voice, Jungkook,” Jimin teased, which earned him another slap on the face.

 

2. 

 

“What should I do?” 

 

“First off, stop the moping act. Second, I am pretty sure he likes you too.” Wheein pat his head as some sort of comfort.

 

Jungkook face immediately litted up with hope until he realised that it may be impossible for his feelings to be mutual.

“You don’t understand how happy I am to hear that but you’re trying to make me feel better so I am not going to stop moping like a brat.” Jungkook crossed his arm, leaning back as he stares at the ceiling.

 

“Why don’t you just confess?”  

 

Jungkook sighed, gripping his bangs out of habit he had picked up on whenever he is conflicted, “Easier said than done . It is not that easy.”

 

“I could only think of a straightforward solution. Guess you are on your own on this one.”

 

“Thanks.”








 

Jungkook does not believe in miracles. However, miraculously the next day, he had received a very interesting text message from Taehyung in the middle of the night.

 

[1:03am] taehyung:

Ims o du krn

[1:05am] jungkook:

I could see that.

[1:10am] taehyung:

Ur os funnny    dont le t other pp l tell u oterwi se!!!!

[1:11am] taehyung:

Ur also vvvvvv pretty

[1:11am] taehyung:

Cute too

[1:12am] jungkook:

Flattering but I’m neither of those. You need sleep.

 

[1:12am] taehyung:  

Is  ti bad  tha ti like u????

[1:13am] taehyung:

I rly rly rlryrlry lr y rlry like u !

[1:14am] taehyung:

Thsi carly smth sm th son gis playing and i was thinking about u <3

[1:15am] taehyung:

Jungkooooooook

[1:16am] taehyung:

Wh yru not replyi n g do u hate me :9(

[1:17am] taehyung:

Don t hateme pls

[1:20am] taehyung:

I like u

 

Here’s the thing, handling confession through a text had never been a talent of Jungkook’s. He didn’t think it was a requirement for his life. Nobody had given him a guideline of how and what to reply to Taehyung’s 1:20am drunk confession?

 

Drunk.

 

But Taehyung was drunk. He couldn’t possibly -

 

Jungkook tried to compose himself and stare at his screen, beaming at him.

 

Asjdkhaksjdh

 

Typing random letters really does express his current emotion at its finest yet he deleted them anyways.

 

I like you too.

 

Of course. He deleted that blunt confession too. His shaky hands refused to press send.

 

[1:34am] jungkook:

What.

 

Better.



 

Jungkook hadn’t fallen asleep. He thought it was a good idea to wait for a text from a Drunken Taehyung.

 

[12:15pm] taehyung:

hey sorry i was drunk as you can tell

 

[12:16pm] taehyung:

i know you are confused as hell right now

and i couldnt save myself with a good reason

[12:19pm] taehyung:

im not going to lie to you but yea, i like u

[12:20pm] taehyung:

pls dont freak out. we can stay friends if you like... i don’t want to ruin the friendship we had



 

[12:29pm] jungkook:

I don’t want to ruin the friendship we had either.

 

Jungkook thought that message was the dumbest message he had ever sent. He was planning to go smooth and suave but that was absolutely not part of his trait. He decided to send another one,

 

[12:31pm] jungkook:

Is it bad that I like you as well?



 

They’re together after that. Only with their screen as a barrier. It was hell to be in a long-distance relationship yet they made it work with trust. Jungkook trust Taehyung like how Taehyung trust him. They constantly text and call each other whenever they can.

 

1.

 

“Save me from this insufferable pain of being an art major.” Jungkook exhaled a long breath, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. “There is too much to do but then creative block decides to end me.” He grabbed three pieces of chips at once and chewed it tiredly. “I will fail. I will fail and be an unsuccessful artist.”

 

“Hey - hey, no, babe. You will not fail. Trust me. I’ve seen your artwork and they are absolutely astonishing. You are really talented, you know that?”

 

“God, I probably don’t deserve all of that but thank you. You’ve always known what to say, huh?”

 

“You’re overthinking too much, you deserve it.”

 

Jungkook smiled, his head whispered I love you. 

 

2.

 

[7:30pm] taehyung:

random question. are you a flower person and letter person?

 

[7:33pm] jungkook:

What kind of question is that?

 

[7:34pm] taehyung:

you didnt answer my question

 

[7:34pm] jungkook:

Fine. Flower, I guess.

[7:34pm] jungkook:

Why?

 

[7:34pm] taehyung:

just wondering what i should give

you if i ever come and meet you

 

[7:35pm] jungkook:

Are you?

 

[7:36pm] taehyung:

maybe ;-)

 

3.

 

“You know, saying ‘maybe’ with a winky face doesn’t give a definite answer.”

 

Taehyung laughed, “You are too cute.”

 

“Stop trying to flatter me so you could change the subject,” Jungkook stuttered, obviously flushing at Taehyung’s comment and he knows Taehyung has this smug look on him.

 

“Well, you are and I will. Soon.”

 

Jungkook leaned forward too quickly, almost falling off of his chair, “You - are you serious?”  

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Ah - I hate you.”

 

Taehyung chuckled, slowly faded into a comfortable silence. Jungkook found it pleasant - to share a quiet moment with someone without the feeling of panic that he has to say something.  

 

“I didn’t see you as a flower type of person.”

 

“But receiving letters are nice too though? I’m not too keen on the two but flowers are nice to look at. I enjoy drawing them.”

 

“Is it?”

 

Jungkook hummed, his lips curved slightly as he explained why flowers are interesting to sketch and colour. How using different sorts of medium give its own uniqueness and beauty. The way petals can curl, twist, or repeat its pattern. Or how most flowers can look the same yet it is distinctive the closer you look.

 

Surprisingly, Taehyung was listening through all of it.

 

[11:59pm] jungkook:

Can I call you?

 

Jungkook’s phone ringed a tune. He swiped right on his screen and pressed the phone to his ear, waiting for Taehyung to speak.  

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Please don’t look at me like creep if I tell you this,” Jungkook muttered promptly, fiddling with his bangs for comfort.

 

“If it makes you any better, I can’t exactly look at you like a creep.”

 

Jungkook grinned a little, feeling a tad bit relaxed but then he remembered what he was supposed to say, “Please don’t think of me as a creep if I tell you this um -”

 

“You’re starting to scare me, Jungkook.”

 

“Yeah, yeah , I am, maybe this is better if I do this on text - - I’ll -”

 

“Don’t hang up. It’s fine. I won’t think of you as a creep. You can tell me what’s going on.”

 

“Okay, okay. Here’s the thing - so, if our relationship gets well, serious , I would want to let you know that I don’t want to get married until I’m twenty three?” Jungkook confessed, letting out a shaky breath he didn’t know he was holding. He realised what he had done. Taehyung will delete his contact and never talk to him ever again. “Oh-oh god, please don’t leave me. I’m sorry. I just really want you to know or - or else you will proposed and I would embarrass you for saying no just because I wasn’t ready. I - I don’t want that. I really don’t. I love you, you know?”

 

. Jungkook did not expect to say that out loud.

 

He thought he was screwed this time.

 

He wasn’t however.

 

Because Taehyung was laughing at the other end. Clearly amused to whatever Jungkook had said, which he doesn’t know whether he should feel in ease or alarmed.

 

You are seriously too - I really don’t know what to say um, t-thanks?”

 

Jungkook waited for him to continue.

 

“Oh Jungkook. Babe . You’re making it hard for me to resist from hailing a cab and just go there to meet you. Who needs a degree in horticulture when I can meet someone precious as a plant like you .”

 

“What the hell are you saying?” Jungkook tried to bit back a laugh, immediately relaxed at how Taehyung was okay with everything.

 

“It means that I love you too.”


















 

Thus, Jungkook and Taehyung lived together in a small rented house with a cat named Joy. Jungkook found her when he walked back home from his university a month ago. He didn’t plan to adopt the cute cat but when Joy followed him home, he just had to .

 

Taehyung wasn’t allergic to cats, fortunately. Sketching his boyfriend and his cat was truly a bliss whenever he needed a break.


















 

Jungkook gather his art supplies to his shared office, laid it out where he thinks it is easier for take within arm reach. He sat down with a thin smile - unsure with the plan he had on his notebook. His coursework is supposed to based on Life . It is too vague. Jungkook having the freedom to draw basically about anything relating to Life is not a good idea.

 

He had brainstorm some ideas he could design for his portfolio. He had thought about doing something organic, the animals, the four seasons, death - yes. The freedom is not a good idea. Why did he bother taking art as his major again? Why was his class assigned to a topic people couldn’t figure out the exact meaning of it? God , he needs a break.

 

Jungkook pulled the handle to his table drawer, takes out his black drawing tablet on the table. He stretches his fingers and grip on the pen. He decides to continue his digital artwork of a small illustration based on an animation he watched yesterday. He sometimes would sell his artwork online, which earned him enough for his needs. It feels nice that there are people he doesn’t know are interested at buying his works.

 

A subtle creak on the door, he turn his head to see Joy walking into the room, her tail swaying left to right like a calm waves of the ocean. She nudges her head on his leg and meows, probably wanting food.

“You ate, like a minute ago you cutie.” Jungkook lean forward to pick up his cat, “Don’t give that look.”

 

His cat tilt her head to the side as if she didn’t remember that she ate already. She meows once again.

 

“You have eaten already.”

 

She waggles off from his hands when he refused to feed her. He watches her walks out from the room, upset. As he was about to focus back on his drawings, he sees Taehyung walking in - greeting him with a smile.

 

Jungkook spread his arms, waiting for Taehyung to return his hug, “You’re home.”

 

Taehyung lower himself to his embrace, “Of course I am. I miss you,” he grins and press his lips on the crown of Jungkook head, “So, how ‘bout you? Did you get anything done?”

 

Jungkook grunt in irritation, “Don’t remind me. All I managed to do was to get some ideas here and there. I didn’t get anything done despite all these art supplies on the table,” Jungkook sigh, “This is frustrating.”

 

Taehyung reaches for his notebook, “Can I see what you’ve got?” Jungkook nod and watches Taehyung eyes follow curiously on each branch.

 

“You got death in here. Interesting concept.”

 

“I have this great idea where I’ll just paint black with an acrylic on a large canvas and call it modern art.”

 

“Too bad it already exist. Besides, it is not creative.” Taehyung chuckle, still surveying on Jungkook’s notes.

“Yet it still earn millions of dollars.”

 

“Because it is original .” Taehyung mock because though he is not an art student, he sure hell knows a black canvas shouldn’t earn that much. Taehyung put his notebook back on the table, “Why don’t do something that inspires you in life?”

 

Jungkook consider that idea, “That’ll be interesting.”

 

Taehyung crook his body forward, presses his lips on the top Jungkook’s head again, “You go do that. Do you want some tea?”

 

“Yes, please.”








 

Eventually, Jungkook had done some progress (with the help of tea that Taehyung made) after thirty minutes of self-loathing and frustration. He had researched, sketched some drawings relating to his list of ideas, and procrastinated for an hour - God , he never felt so thankful that he has to go to work very soon.








 

The road to his workplace isn’t too far away from his university hence the reason why he chose to work there in the first place. He greets his co-workers with a cool nod, and rush behind the counter to start serving the customers.

 

“How may I help you?” He smiles.

 

“By getting my damn coffee that’s what.” A young grumpy man grumble at him with this piercing glare that he didn’t ask for, which oh boy , this is why Jungkook love to get employed here. Having to deal with customers has always been a great fun.

 

“Right away, sir.”

 

“Doesn’t seem like it.”



 

Jungkook noticed the side glance of pity his co-worker gave him, which was appreciated but, he wished his co-worker would clean up his attitude instead. And perhaps - fingers crossed - the man would have a slight change of behaviour towards people.

 

“Here you go,” Jungkook smile politely since it is his duty to be a decent human being. At least the next customer isn’t too bad.  








 

It has been an hour and a half serving customers and striking up small conversations with his co-worker. Now he just wants to get to bed and sleep. While cuddling with Taehyung, of course. However, the exhaustion disappeared when Taehyung came by. He told him he got nothing to do at home.

 

Taehyung was sat down on a stool nearby the counter, which Jungkook won’t lie about how many times he kept his gaze on Taehyung’s delicate hands. His thin, structured fingers curled still on his tall cup of coffee. The way his free hand tap rhythmically on the surface as a habit whenever he is concentrating on something. Or the amount of times he kept his gaze on Taehyung’s lips when it touched the rim of the cup -

 

Wheein nudges him gently with her elbow. Confused, Jungkook crane his head up and immediately regret for doing so because of the knowing smile he didn’t ask for.

 

“Now is not the time to be ogling your eyes on him,” she smirks, trying to hide her fits of laughter, “You know, this place isn’t a place to be eye-ing.”

 

“Hey, hey , what’s with the eye-ing and who is Jungkook eye-ing at?” Taehyung frown, his eyes clouded in sadness.

 

Jungkook freaks out a little though.  

 

“Who else would he be eye-ing at?” Wheein say as a matter of factly, eyeing the two with her eyebrow lifting up proudly for causing the both of them in a flustering mess.

 

“You sure do adore embarrassing me don’t you?” Jungkook squint his eyes, flashing a sarcastic smile afterwards.

 

“Why wouldn’t I?”

 

As Jungkook was about to shoot a snarky comment back, he stopped when he heard Taehyung’s laughter ringing to his ear like a melodious bell. He was absolutely tongue-tied.

 

Wheein gives him her signature smug look again.


















 

They were both at home, laying down in bed with the cat sleeping soundlessly around the edge. Jungkook relaxes on Taehyung’s chest, loving the touch of Taehyung’s hand playing with his hair while he talks about school.

 

“The kids are lovely as always,” Taehyung grin adoringly, resting his head back on the soft headboard, “I was teaching them how to play instruments today and they went crazy.”

 

Jungkook can’t help but plaster the same enthusiasm as his boyfriend. He stares fondly and in glee as Taehyung rambles about his students. How much he cares for the kids, never wanting leave out each of his students in the conversation is sweet.

 

“The school actually wanted me to teach them all recorder instead which, of course, I didn’t want to. I think it’s nice for them to explore the instruments they are actually interested in instead of forcing them to do something they don’t have the motivation to.”

 

“How did that go?”

 

Taehyung’s face lits up, “I gave them a twenty minute session on recorder and let them play the instruments they wanted to play the rest of the class. You see, only a few enjoyed playing the recorder.”

 

Jungkook hum, letting him continue talking about how he heard the kids singing to a song. Weirdly, the thought about Taehyung with kids give him a strange feeling in his chest. Imagining being in a family with Taehyung makes Jungkook’s heart swell. He doesn’t know whether to take this as a good or bad sign . Will he have to call the ambulance and tell them, “I think I’m having a cardiac arrest because the thought about being in a family with my boyfriend makes my heart feels light. Help.”

 

Jungkook had visited Taehyung at work before, shadowing himself behind the classroom while watching Taehyung in pure delight. He noticed Taehyung never fails to break out a smile to his students, always replying in genuine happiness. He managed to remain patient when one of his student throws a tantrum. It was really an amazing sight.

 

Jungkook knew that Taehyung love to teach them music. He would occasionally bring his acoustic guitar to class and play couple of tunes for them to sing along. He also got pleaded to join in because someone bragged to his class that, “Jungkook has the most beautiful voice ever”. Truthfully, it wasn’t bad. It was nice. It almost looked like Taehyung was serenading a song to him.

 

Jungkook .”

 

He flinch, looking up at Taehyung with a questionable look.

 

“What were you thinking about?”

 

Jungkook thought about that for a moment and say, “You.”


















 

Jungkook’s coursework isn’t due until eight months so there shouldn’t be anything for him to worry about. He had ideas. He had researched. He had a centerpoint to focus on. He felt content. He did little drawings here and there, saving it as a possible use for something else in his portfolio. Plus, aside from that, Taehyung wanted to reward him. By taking him on a date at an annual carnival nearby. Sweet.


















 

Lights shining brightly, blinking in different colours - couples playing games to earn gifts for their partner and families following their children around as they excitedly wanted a toy. Jungkook haven’t been in a carnival since he was six years old. It feels a little bit nostalgic.

 

Taehyung shows him the pink cotton candy on his hand centimetre away to which Jungkook obediently parted his lips, letting him feed him the candy they had just bought a minute ago. Jungkook likes how it dissolves in his mouth.

 

“You see, I don’t like cotton candy but this is romantic so -” Taehyung tries to feed him again, “I will continue feeding it to you anyways.” He grin cheekily, his cheekbones glistening due to the lights and how warm the place is .

 

“Hey, I want to get you something!” Taehyung swiftly grabs his hand and drags him to the nearest game stall. “I will try this in one go.”

 

Jungkook watches him with the slightest hope though he is expectant with how it goes. Taehyung nibble on his lips, eyes squinting in concentration as he tries to throw a ball in the hole. He failed.

 

I’ll try this in one go. ” Jungkook mimic what Taehyung said and giggle.

 

“Okay, how ‘bout in three goes. Third time the charm right?”

 

Third time the charm does not work.

 

“Again!”



 

Jungkook knew he had to stop him but it was amusing. Although , he knew Taehyung would be spending his money carelessly just to get him something.

 

“I’ll do it instead.” Jungkook offers.

 

Jungkook takes the ball out of Taehyung’s hand and give it go.

 

He did it in one go.

 

“You are not human.”

 

“People call me golden not for nothing you know.”

 

Taehyung roll his eyes, “Your confidence made me gag,” he pretends to choke obnoxiously.

 

“Hm? I can’t hear you over my astonishing victory.”

 

“Well, you don’t get the plushie. I do.” Taehyung reaches for his chosen prize and stuck his tongue out childishly.

 

Jungkook peck his cheek shyly - couldn't help himself because Taehyung was too cute. What’s even better is when he has a radiating sunshine grinning at him for receiving a small kiss.

 

“Let’s go on the ferris wheel and be cliché together,” Taehyung giggles, intertwining his fingers to his, pulling him to a short line queue. “Plus, I’m tired of walking.”








 

Taehyung looks so pretty, gazing out the windows in awe. His eyes glimmering like the stars and Jungkook couldn’t help but lean in to give a chaste kiss on the corner of his lips. He failed to refrain himself from gasping as Taehyung switches his focus on him - quite an intimate eye contact. He wishes he could capture the moment with his camera, implant the scene in his mind - letting it replay over and over again like a filmstrip or draw him with the color of space because Taehyung is his universe.



 

“Now we’re cliché.”

 

Jungkook groan, pushes him to the side, “You just had to ruin the moment.”


















 

“Your birthday is coming up soon.”

 

“Please do not rent a train at the mall again.”

 

“I know you enjoyed it though.”

 

“Who wouldn’t love to see you and my friends singing and dancing so enthusiastically?”

 

Taehyung laughs, curl his arms around his waist and fiddling with his shirt, “Embarrassing you is one of my best talent.”

 

Jungkook looks up, eyes blinking in confusion, “One of yours? Don’t you mean the only talent?”

 

“Wow,” Taehyung cross his arms - sulking about, “You’re not getting anything for your birthday.”

 

Jungkook snicker in amusement, “Fine, I take it back.”

 

“Good. Let’s enjoy the movie now,” Taehyung grin, his cheek leaning contently on his head. Jungkook plays with Taehyung’s fingers.

 

However, Jungkook’s stomach decides to growl.

 

“You know we don’t have food to cook in the fridge right?”

 

“Can’t we order take out instead?”

 

“No,” Taehyung sit up straight, patting Jungkook’s cheek lightly, “Get your bum off the couch. We can’t depend our lives with take-out food everyday.”

 

Jungkook whined, pouting cutely for the sake of his lazy , “Can’t we just make an exception today?”

 

“Aw,” Taehyung stares at him in awe and lean forward to peck his pouty lips - Jungkook thought he had him sold but,

 

“You are cute but I’m not going to fall for that,” Taehyung flick his nose lightly.

 

Jungkook scrunch up his nose, frown at his failure but does what his boyfriend said anyways.


 

 


 

Jungkook pushes the cart as he scan around the shelves, confused.

 

“I thought we’re going to find some ingredients to cook - not that I’m complaining or something um - why are we in the snacks section?”

 

“Why not?” Taehyung said simply, hugging various selections of chips to his chest. Jungkook shake his head fondly, takes the snacks Taehyung is struggling to hold inside the cart.

 

Taehyung beam to himself as he head towards to a different section of the market. Jungkook follow his steps from behind, curiously watches what Taehyung is grabbing and inspecting at with careful eyes, which to be honest, these type of thing, he let Taehyung do everything.

 

“Do you mind if I cooked curry?”

 

“I don’t mind. You make curry all the time.”

 

“That’s the point,” Taehyung frown, “I make it all the time, don’t you get bored?”

 

Jungkook didn’t know Taehyung would get upset about such a small matter, “I’ve told you before, haven’t I? I love curry so why would I get bored?”

 

Taehyung contemplate silently as he fix his eyes on the packages stacked in a cold fridge, he sigh, “So it’s fine?”

 

“You told me you taught yourself how to make curry because you wanted to impress me so yes,” Jungkook smile, wrap his arm loosely around Taehyung’s waist, “It is fine.”

 

Taehyung lips curl upward slightly, “Why do you have to be so corny to comfort me?”

 

Jungkook blink, gape his mouth in a mix of incertitude and awkwardness. He blink again, suddenly feel the heat rushing to his cheeks, “God damn it Tae - ” He stutter.

 

Taehyung chuckle with his teeth proudly shown, “Your reaction is too priceless. Thank you for your kind words though.” Taehyung winks.  

 

“Remind me not to comfort you again.”

 

“Aw, how else would I embarrass you now?”


















 

“Your birthday is coming up.”

 

“I know Tae, I know.”

 

“You’re turning twenty-three pretty soon.”

 

“Are you planning on something?”

 

“Well, do you want a party?”

 

“No? I guess? I rather spend time at home.”

 

“Alright then.”

 

Jungkook agape at him, bewilder at his nonchalant acceptance, “What? No disagreement?”

 

“Why would I complain being alone with you during your birthday?” Taehyung raise his eyebrow suggestively.

 

Jungkook slap his arm, “You’re not getting it.”

 

“What do you mean by It? I didn’t mean anything dirty .”

 

“I - How do I win back at your comment?”

 

“You can’t.” Taehyung shrug, “I’m unbeatable.”

 

“Says the one who can’t put a ball inside a hole from a meter away”

 

“How dare you brought that back,” Taehyung gasps, poking his side.

 

Jungkook flinch and wheezes, “Not sorry!”


















 

Jungkook realise what the age twenty-three meant.

 

I don’t want to get married until I’m twenty-three.

 

He slams his thin, round tip paint brush on a wooden table. He had completely forgotten that he had told him about the age he wanted to get married. He comb his hair out of annoyance; almost poked himself with his brush. He couldn’t believe he had said that. He groans, hating that his brain is pestering him to recollect his memory. This is great, he breathes. This is totally great.

 

Is this why Taehyung asks questions about his birthday?

 

Jungkook had told him he didn’t want any party. He wanted just the two of them.

 

Oh god .

 

Just the two of them?

 

Is that why Taehyung was fine with it? Is that what he meant by the It?

 

Jungkook never thought screaming internally would be possible.



 

The thought of marriage is - Jungkook has no answer to that yet. Taehyung to him is like a memorable date. They day he known him through the internet, the day he met him, they day they moved together, everyone of the firsts they’ve done together - he would like the mark it on his skin. If one day, somebody out there would like to know tale behind every single one of his tattoos, he will tell them with a genuine smile and blushing cheeks.

 

He is going to be officially twenty-three years old the next two days. He sigh. Jungkook had been afraid of commitment. He has always been an overthinker. The itching thought the the person he likes might not love as much as he loves them. The itching thought that the person he likes might leave him because they found someone better than him. The itching thought that it could possibly be some sort of practical joke.  

 

Jungkook shuts his eyes.

 

Taehyung might not propose to him during his birthday. And that is fine. It is fine. They haven’t reach to that stage yet. Not getting married to the person he loves doesn’t mean anything.

 

Jungkook feels stupid for thinking. Stupidstupidstupidstupid -

 

“Hey, hey. I’m here. I’m here, don’t worry.”

 

Jungkook gasps at the sudden warmness enveloping his body. He laughs weakly, “You came in at the wrong time.”

 

Taehyung spins him around, “I am not,” he taps on his chin softly, “Look at me - Jungkook, hey, babe , please look at me .” Jungkook obeys. “You know you could tell me what’s wrong, right? If you don’t feel like sharing now, let’s go out for an ice-cream instead. I’ll treat you.”

 

“At this time?”

 

“It’s not that late.”








 

Jungkook and Taehyung wander to the park, enjoying their boring flavour of ice-cream.

 

“I can’t believe we’re eating ice-cream at this hour.”

 

“Eating ice-cream has no time limit.”

 

“That sounds oddly philosophical, what are you on?”

 

“High on this delicious ice-cream.”

 

“Never knew that was possible.”

 

Taehyung jut out his bottom lip in thought, “You know, it probably exist.”

 

“Why am I not surprised?”

 

Taehyung chuckles, engulfing the silent night but soon dissipates and alarms Jungkook at the sudden absence of sound. Jungkook surveys him in wonder. He sees Taehyung’s thick eyebrow furrowing close, his teeth grazing slowly on his bottom lip and his index finger tapping on the the ice cream and - oh, he’s looking at him.

 

Jungkook express a nervous laughter, breaks away from his eye contact immediately to stare at his ice cream in fake fascination.

 

“Do you want to talk about what happened?”

 

Jungkook freeze. Of course he would mention it.

 

“I - I was being petty…” Jungkook admits, “I was crying over nothing. I mean you’ll probably think it isn’t ‘nothing’ but really, it was nothing. You know me,” Jungkook feign a laugh, “I’m always overthinking bad will happen to me.”

 

Taehyung’s hand reach for his neck, caressing the side gently with his thumb, looking at him with a thin smile but an obvious concern clouding his eyes.

 

“It couldn’t be nothing when you’re feeling this way.”

 

Jungkook’s head lean on Taehyung’s hand, “I just had a thought. Thinking that you would - leave me or whatever.” Jungkook looks down on the pavement floor. He was dumb for making assumptions. Taehyung would probably think so as well. However, Taehyung’s hand falls on Jungkook’s hand instead. Clasping it as he gives a light kiss on his knuckles then say, “I promise. I will never leave you.”

 

“Promises break.” Jungkook shuts his mouth, instantly regretting for not trusting the words he said. For quickly judging rather than believing.

 

“I wouldn’t know what happen in the future. I wouldn’t know what will happen today. I do know that I am happy to have you as the first thing I see in the morning everyday. I love you and love everything about you. Every hour, every minute, and every second. You might know that already or you might not and that is okay with me. I will not be tired of reminding you how much I love you.” Taehyung ends with a chaste kiss on Jungkook’s lips as if desperate for Jungkook to know that every words he had conveyed was genuine.

 

Jungkook feels it.

 

He finally found the answer to the one thing that had led to where he is right now.