Chapter 7

A Time The World Forgot

 

THROUGH WATERY WALLS OF THE EXODUS

The dawn sky was on fire. There was streaks of gold running across the red aura of the heavens. And then, there was the trembling of the ground thunder in the distance.

It was dawn of the fourth day. Moses looked across to the dead sea, the prevailing wind forcing his hair back and his people huddled together behind him. All were bewildered, scared or in awe of what was going on. This strange phenomenon of the unknown that was acting out around them.

The waves of the sea were choppy and the foam came up onto the beach. Ber came to stand at Moses side and looked at him. He said he had faith in him but now, he was starting to doubt it, all this outlandish action going on around them. It was Ishtar, the evil volcano god of the reptiles of Sodom. He was indeed taking his revenge for Moses' escape.

Moses was doubting himself, doubting that the dream he had was just a dream and the voice was probably his in his head. He had led his people to their doom. They would die in the fires of death from the skies above, or get up in the choppy waters of the dead sea.

"Moses...you must lead your people...you must lead your people to the promised land...do not doubt I...the guardian of your destiny...have faith and witness...

...and don't be afraid..."

Moses could hear the voice in his head, it was so real. And all around him was the wind, a howling so loud, Ber was shouting and pointing and the others were screaming, but their voices could not be heard.

Moses turned his focus to what the others were pointing at. A massive fire ball in the red sky with a tail of golden flame. It soared over them such a din, the people fell to the knees and clamped their hands over there ears.

The spawn of Sodom were on the browe of the ledge that sloped to the beach. The amassed army, the disciples of Ishtar, were waiting sat aback on their brontothere rides. The great powerful beasts snorting and kicking the dirt back to get going with the charge set by their masters.

The Lizard-emperor had come out to take command his warriors this time. Through cold slitted eyes his brilliant reptile vision could see the beast vermin on the beach cowering from the strange enigma from the skies.

This was Ishtar. This was him showing that the people of Sodom were to be avenged and that that beast-men would be forced down to the burning fires of the bowels.

The monstrosity in the sky soared over the dead sea in such a speed, the waters parted and began to rise a path in front of Moses and his people. Moses's eyes were wide in awe and at the same time, realising that this was what was promised.

Moses pointed ahead. He yelled out to run...run through the path where towers of water spilled out to the skies at either side of them.

Ber took charge and started to make a run and he pulled Freda along. Others took their mates and were in hot pursuit as the former slaves made sprint across the wet sand where all sorts of fish, behomeths and Meglodon-sharks were snapping at their feet from where they laid helpless on the mud.

Moses watched them grow smaller up the path. He then turned and saw the spawn of Ishtar on the approach. Moses held his eyes to the heavens and closed them. His arms were up and outstretched.

The Lizard-men looked on in awe as Moses then parted his hands and looked toward the yonder.

The Emperor's eyes narrowed as he gazed towards the human beast, his nemesis, the one who had escaped him and his destiny to be at one with Ishtar.

Moses opened his eyes to the heavens, the fish dead now on the mud at his feet. His eyes closed again as he felt the inner force flow through him, the red flames of the angry sky raising to a sonic boom

Through the walls of sheer water on either side, Moses made forth his escape to the promised land. At first a canter and then at a run.

The lizard-king of Sodom was adament that Moses be captured and beheaded on the spot, whether his body would rot through the sands of time. He pointed his finger thus, and the army marched forth on their monsterous rides at a thunderous gallop.

Moses turned and made his exodus and ran until his lungs were burning with fire. There was a strange aura about him - about the land - a rushing wind that pulled onto the waves making them sway either side of him.

And then a white flash of blinding light his eyes had ever witnessed. A flash that threw his battered body to the sand and then a thunderous roar that threatened to make his ears bleed in sheer pain.

He managed to lift his warey tired head up from where he lay and saw the water start to tumble down in foamy stormy rains.

Moses hadn't made it. He had not reached the coast. He closed his eyes and waited his destiny. But he smiled, for the reptile emperor and his armies were completely engulfed as the waters sunk them beneath the waves till the waters were high and their evil cold hearts were drowned forever.

The sun was bright as the former slaves of Jericho looked about them at the tropic beautiful valley. The widerness was to the south and the dead sea, now calm, to the north. Birds and parrots flew from tree palm to tree palm. A clear stream ran through the oasis where fish were aplenty.

The sun at risen seven times since the exodus across the sea.

That afternoon Ber looked out to the sea and held the hand of Freda. Both looked into eachothers eyes for a moment and then there was a splash and from the waves Moses came out from the water.

His cuts and wounds were healed, he was refreshed and young looking. It was like the sea had given birth to him.

He came forth and took Ber's and Freda's hands and told them not to be afraid.

He was here to lead them and help them and together nurture the human race. Through their leadership they would plan and build a new Jericho for the people that would grew and grew and take over the land.

For mans time in the world had come...

THE END