1-1

Couple survey

Jinyoung looked at the tickets once again, he knew there was something odd about them, maybe the design or the fact that they were available only today, on Valentine’s day. But he shrugged this thought away as soon as Mark reached him in front of the amusement park’s gate.

“Hi.” Mark smiled sweetly.

Jinyoung let his gaze linger a bit longer than necessary on his friend, but no one could blame him when Mark was so hot. Every piece of him screamed boyfriend material, Jinyoung didn’t know how Mark could still be single…

Maybe he wasn’t? Jinyoung shook his head. Nah, he would’ve surely told me.

“Are you okay?” Mark asked, not getting why his friend was acting like that.

Jinyoung sheepishly shook his hands in front of his face. “It’s nothing, let’s go.”

 

When they entered the park, they could tell that its theme was shifted from funny to something more romantic for Valentine’s day. It was full of hearts shapes everywhere and there were many couples, too.

“What do you want to do first?” Mark asked.

Jinyoung bit his lip while scanning the park, searching for something appropriate for two best friends, something not romantic at all. “Let’s go on roller coasters!”

Mark chuckled. “Weren’t you afraid of them?”

“Yes, when I was 7. I’m just ten years older now!” Jinyoung defended himself, remembering how scared he was the first time he rode a roller coaster. He clearly remembered how Mark complained about Jinyoung breaking his arm because he was holding him too tightly and also about how Jinyoung almost made him deaf because he was screaming too loudly.

“Fine, but still try to not pee in your pants.” Mark , then - knowing the consequences - he turned around and ran away.

“It have never happened!! If I catch you, you’re a dead man!” Jinyoung wanted to chase Mark, but unfortunately he trapped on his own feet even before starting running. By reflex he put his hands in front of him; his face was safe from hitting the ground, but he couldn’t deny the presence of scratches on his palms. He got up quickly, not wanting people to look at him in such and embarrassing moment.

“Oh god, I’m sorry, it’s all my fault.” Mark ran back to Jinyoung and he immediately trapped the younger into a hug. Jinyoung enjoyed Mark’s warmth for a bit, but he pulled away because his heart was already beating too fast.

“I’m fine.” Jinyoung murmured.

Mark grabbed his right wrist and looked at his hand with a worried expression. “Do you want to go home?”

Jinyoung shook his head. “N-no! It’s nothing, really. Le-let’s go on roller coasters.” He mentally cursed himself for stuttering, Mark’s hold on his wrist was more than enough to produce such effects on him.

“My boy is so strong!” Mark said before placing a quick kiss on Jinyoung’s hand.

The younger quickly pulled his hand away, blush already creeping on his cheeks. He knew he shouldn’t blush for something like that, he knew his heart wasn’t supposed to beat so fast when Mark touches him, he knew he shouldn’t have a crush for his best friend, but still he did all those things.

“Are you blushing, Jinyoungie?” Mark asked with that stupid smile of his.

Jinyoung widened his eyes and tried to not blush even more. “I-I’m-“

“Sorry for interrupting, but do you have a few minutes for a survey? There are only four fast questions.” The voice of a young woman prevented Jinyoung from embarrassing himself in front of Mark, his saviour indeed.

“Yes, sure!” The younger replied a bit too eagerly, he was just so glad this woman saved his reputation.

“Thank you! Actually, I’ve been asking dozens of couples, but they were all too busy, if you know what I mean.” Jinyoung swears, he could feel his blood freeze in his veins at that statement. “Well, the first question is: how long have you two been together?” The girl finished with a smile.

“I’m sorry, but we’re not-“ Jinyoung tried to explain that they weren’t a couple, but he got interrupted by Mark.

“Two years.” His voice firm, as if it was the truth. Jinyoung looked at him wide-eyed, but he wasn’t able to deny what the other said.

“Cool! The second question is: who confessed first?” The girl spoke as she took note of what Mark has just said.

“Me!” Mark playfully raised his hand. Jinyoung was still frozen in his spot. Why was Mark acting like that?

The girl chuckled. “Well, this was a kind of useless question for a gay couple… My intention was to see if boys still confessed more frequently than girls, so would you at least tell me who’s the dominant one in your relationship? If you don’t mind, of course.”

“I am the dominant one here, don’t think otherwise just because I’m a little shorter than my boyfriend.” Mark pulled Jinyoung closer to him by circling his waist with his arm. At this point Jinyoung started to wonder if it was just a dream because everything felt too unreal.

“OK! Next question… It’s a little private so feel free to not reply if you don’t want to…” A few moments of silence followed before she asked the question. “Have you done it yet?” Her voice unsteady, she visibly uncomfortable.

It you mean… ?” Mark raised his brows.

The girl nodded, biting her lower lip.

“Uh, not yet, Jinyoungie’s still underage and we don’t want to rush things. Though this September he’s finally turning eighteen.” Mark ended his nonsense speech with a smirk.

Was he making fun on this girl by lying like this? Was he making fun of him? Jinyoung wondered.

“Oh, good! There’s one last question… You both are really young, I don’t know if you can answer this, though.” The girl said before pouting with disapproval. “Do you have or would you want kids?”

“Well, we don’t have kids. Jinyoungie’s my only baby for now.” Mark chuckled. “We obviously won’t be able to have kids by our own, but I’d like to adopt when there’ll be the right time.”

The girl nodded while taking notes. “You’d like to adopt, what about your boyfriend?”

 “Y-yea, me too.” Jinyoung stuttered, not really knowing why was he playing Mark’s stupid game.

“Perfect! Thank you so much, I hope you’ll have fun at the amusement park!” The girl waved goodbye and walked away.

Jinyoung turned around to face Mark, pulling away from the elder’s hold on his waist. “Why did you do that?”

“Well, you said you wanted kids, too!” Mark laughed at him.

“That’s because you had already dragged me in that mess and I couldn’t just say that we’re not a couple when you had already replied to all the survey’s questions!” Jinyoung raised his voice, feeling mocked by Mark.

“Calm down, I was just trying to make you laugh because I was feeling guilty for making you fall down.” Mark frowned, not expecting this kind of reaction from Jinyoung.

“Well, that wasn’t funny at all. You know what? Have fun at the amusement park alone, I’m going home.” Jinyoung was sick of Mark’s behaviour in these days. It was almost like he knew that Jinyoung had a crush on him and he enjoyed teasing him in every possible way. Or maybe it was his crush towards the elder that has worsened…

“Jinyoung, wait…” Mark called, grabbing his wrist. “I’m sorry, I-“

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! You always say that! But it doesn’t seem like you’re really sorry since you keep doing things that upset me!” Now Jinyoung was really shouting.

“It upsets you that I said you’re my boyfriend? You hate me that much? What’s up with you in these days?” Mark starts to raise his voice, too. Frustrated by Jinyoung’s behaviour.

“I don’t hate you, Mark.” Jinyoung mumbled. “At least it’s the opposite.”

“I don’t hate you either, Jinyoung! You’re like the most important person in my life, how could I-“

“I didn’t mean that! You don’t understand anything.” Jinyoung pulled his hand away from Mark’s grip and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Then help me understand! You’re making me going crazy.” Mark pleaded, not wanting to fight with someone he treasures so much.

“It’s not that easy.”

Mark sighed deeply, covering his face with his hands. Jinyoung will be the death of him.

Jinyoung was aware of the fact that he was acting like an annoying middle school girl. He wasn’t like that, in a few months he’ll be a man and he really should start acting like one. “I love you, I’ve been in love with you for a few years now. I didn’t like it when you said that I’m your boyfriend because it felt like you were making fun of me.” Jinyoung was proud of himself, he was a man indeed, but he couldn’t look at Mark after what he’s just said.

“Are you joking around?” Mark asked, disbelief present in his voice.

“No, I’m not. Unlike you, I don’t like to joke about such things. I already have to deal with this unrequited love, I don’t need your teasing.” Jinyoung continued bravely, though his eyes were still on the ground.

“That’s-that’s not unrequited. Not at all.” Mark cupped Jinyoung’s cheeks and forced the younger’s eyes to meet his. “When I was joking about those things… It was because I was craving for those moments, but I didn’t want to scare you, so I thought the only way for me to enjoy them was by making fun of them. Like you inviting me to the amusement park on Valentine’s day… I couldn’t just show how happy I was.”

Jinyoung could only stare in awe as Mark’s cheeks assumed a pinkish colour.

“Can you accept one last ‘I’m sorry’ for not getting your feelings and making you suffer while acting like a jerk?” Mark asked, slowly moving his thumbs to caress Jinyoung’s cheeks.

The younger could only nod, still not completely realizing that Mark does have feelings for him.

Mark smiled. “I love you.” The elder approached Jinyoung’s face and he softly sealed their lips in a sweet kiss. They stayed a bit like that, enjoying each other’s warmth and taste. When Mark pulled away he couldn’t help but give another quick peck on Jinyoung’s lips before completely distancing himself. “What about the roller coasters?”

“You know I’m afraid of them.” Jinyoung pouted. “What about the scary love tunnel?”

“As the word says, it’s scary. Are you sure you won’t p-“

“Mark!! Do you want this to be the day we got together and broke up?” Jinyoung interrupted Mark’s sentence.

“I’m s- I love you!”

“You can’t just change your ‘I’m sorry’ to ‘I love you’.” Jinyoung scolded him.

“Why not?”

“I’m weak for it.”

 

 

 

 

 

A\N: I managed to finish this because I'm not feeling well so no school yay (?) but I feel like it came out too messy and nonsense lol sorry I love you