Part 2 (daejae)

Take Me Away (Short Story)

 

Daehyun let out three shots and all the bullets hits point 10. he blew the tip of the gun and turned to look at Youngjae. “So? What do you think?” Youngjae had his arms crossed and stared at the target board. “Dude.. you do know I shoot better than that?” Youngjae said and snatched the gun away from Daehyun’s hand. The latter raised both of his arms in the air in defeat. “Just helping,”

 

Youngjae stood in front there and aimed the gun at the target board. His finger was placed against the trigger. He bit his lips, focusing his head on the board. “Jae?” Daehyun called but he ignored him. “Youngjae..?” he called again. Youngjae gave up and his hand dropped to his side. “I can’t… I really cant..” he said in devastation. Daehyun went up to him and held both of his shoulders. “Hey, hey..”he said softly but Youngjae kept on shaking his head. “It was too much. I can’t bear it..” Youngjae said, sobbing.

 

Daehyun cupped both of his cheeks and leaned in. Youngjae just closed his eyes and waited for what’s coming. The boy peck his lips and ruffled his hair. “You can. Come on,” Youngjae blinked a few times. I really cant believe this dude. For some reasons, that made Youngjae happy again. They had been secretly ‘dating’ for about so long he lost count already but they made sure that nobody knows. It’s pretty obvious tho.

 

Youngjae gripped tighter on the gun and aimed it at the board. He pulled the trigger a couple of times, shooting it. His all his 5 bullets hit the middle point and he smirked in victory. “Yep, our Youngjae is back.” Daehyun clapped his hands and patted Youngjae’s shoulder. “Can you leave me alone for a bit?”

 

“Sure,”

 

And by that, Daehyun left the room. Youngjae reloaded his gun and continued shooting. All his bullet went through the same hole and it made him even more proud. He finally took his sniper and went to far back of the room. He placed his cheek on the body of the sniper and looked through the eyesight.

 

Just when he was about to shoot, the memory of his sister death played again. He backed away from the eyesight and closed his eyes. Screaming, he threw the sniper away. “Youngji ah,” he sobbed. Youngjae covered his face and cried onto his palms. He missed his sister so much, it hurt him so bad. The boy lied down and stared at the ceiling. “Ya, saeng.. do you like seeing me half dead because of you? Why did you leave me… why didn’t you call for me, pabo ya..!”

 

As he slowly opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was bright light. Then, once the light began to dim down, he saw a face. A smile was drawn across his face. Youngji ah.. he blinked a couple of times, not believing on what he’s seeing right in front of his eyes. “Yoo Youngji..” he said softly. The girls smiled and flicked his forehead. “Pabo. What are you doing laying on the damn floor? Get your up,” she scolded him.

 

Youngjae sat down, still staring at her. “What.. how..” he stuttered, totally at loss of words. Youngji grinned and hugged her brother. “Do you know how painful it is to see you like this oppa?” she said, still hugging him. Youngjae, who was still confused with the whole situation, slowly wrapped his arms around Youngji. “I cried whenever you cry. I was in pain seeing you couldn’t hold those weapons as boldly like before. Where did my cool oppa gone?” she let go of the hug and pinched Youngjae’s cheek.

 

“I’m dead that doesn’t mean you have to be dead. I’m always with you, you know,” she said with the sweetest smile ever. Youngjae sighed and shook his head. “It’s too hard. I was at wrong. You should’ve been alive if I was faster.” he gritted his teeth. The anger took over him again. “No. I thought I was strong enough. Oh hey oppa,” Youngji called. He looked up to see his sister. “I have to go. I will find some handsome angel to protect me up there, so please don’t be sad.”

 

Youngjae stared at her in disbelief. “Youngji ah, I’m sorry…” he said, tears falling down from his eyes. Youngji nodded and smiled. “Don’t have to. Just.. do me a favor,” she stood up and the brother followed.

 

“Take care of Daehyun. He really loves you,”

 

 

 

**

 

 

Daehyun and Youngjae packed up for their next mission which was located in Seoul. The ride to there take almost 2 hours and they have to stay there for about 2 days. Daehyun couldn’t help but to be happy to see Youngjae was on his move again. He looked better than before and happier too. “You’re ready to go buddy?” he put his arms around Youngjae’s shoulder. “Let’s get some money shall we,”

 

Youngjae took the driving and he drove to Seoul whilst Daehyun studied their target on the laptop. For some reasons, Youngjae felt the urge to tell Daehyun what Youngji told him few days ago but everytime he wanted to speak, the words just don’t want to come out from his throat. He wanted to ask him.. does he really loves him? 

 

They arrived at their hotel and went up to check in. After done checking their room, the two of them changed into some leather jackets and jeans, getting ready to visit the exhibition. “Well, from what I studied, the exhibition will end at 9 pm today and those people will come approximately at 7.30 pm during the peak hour and they will have some performances too. So, I want us to split up around 7.15 and meet back at 8 pm. Make sure you get the picture.”

 

“Daehyun..”

 

“Hm..?”

 

“Nothing..”

 

Youngjae grabbed his gun and stuck it into the gun holder that was tied around his waist. He grabbed his back that have his sniper in and walked out from the room. Daehyun quickly followed Youngjae and they both went to exhibition.

 

Their mission was to get the picture of the group leader and kill him. the reason why they have to take picture was that the one who sent the request want to see his face before he dies. Youngjae personally knew who was the person who sent the request. It was none other than his ex-wife. Youngjae knew her when they were at Europe and she was one of the assassin in that country who fell in love with a mafia.

 

“I’m going in,” Daehyun informed using the walkie-talkie that was attached to his ear. Youngjae took the signal and went up on the other building. He had to do the set up before it’s too late. He took a glance at his watch and saw it was almost 7.10 pm. Youngjae used his binoculars to search for Ilwoo. “He’s coming in,” Youngjae said through the walkie-talkie.

 

“Copied,”

 

Youngjae set-up everything and looked through using the eyesight of the sniper. Honestly, he was nervous because one mistake might send danger to Daehyun. Youngjae gripped tighter on the holder. “Relax, Jae. I’m fine,” he heard Daehyun said. He scoffed. “You’re the one who isn’t relax,” he retorted, trying to sound smart.

 

He saw Ilwoo came in with 4 men in total. He noticed that all of them was armed with guns and dagger. If he start shooting, he has to shoot fast.

 

“Take the picture Daehyun,” he sang, trying to ease down the atmosphere. “How many people are they?” Daehyun asked. “5. everyone is armed. Be careful,” Youngjae said. “Well, cover my ,”

 

“Will do. Because that belongs to me anyways,”

 

“Do you have to do those pickup lines in this kind of situation?”

 

“Sorry, did you say I love you, Jung Daehyun?”

 

“ you, Yoo Youngjae,”

 

Youngjae chuckled as he continued watching. He saw Daehyun took a few snapped using the small camera that he invented a couple of weeks ago. The picture was sent to his phone and he took a look at it. “Nice. Take few more. Up close,” Youngjae said. He could hear Daehyun clicking his tongue but did it anyways. “Good. Now move,”

 

He looked through his eyesight and began shooting. He hit two men at the back of their heads and when he was about to shoot Ilwoo, someone knocked him hard at the back and he fell unconscious

 

 

 

Part 2 End

 

 

 

 

A/N: thank you for reading! hope you'll read my other stories too !! :D