23.59

23.59

23.00
The long clock hand moved to 12 as the old clock cuckoo's upstairs chirped for 11 times. It was an hour before new year and people partying hard at the lower floor. They would have the party at the garden if the bad weather not forced them to move everything inside, so no BBQ and fireworks this year. The party was held in the Jeon's private villa which is considered pretty old but still livable. The youngest son, Jeongguk was the one who often hang out here with his friends, like this new year party.

 

23.10
People were partying as hard as the rain outside and the music was as loud as the thunders. They danced and laughed except 3 persons, a blonde boy who giggled with his girl and the party holder Jeon Jungkook. He took a piece of chocolate cake on the table. He glanced at the couple who started to make out.
"Ya hyung go get a room," he ate his cake and give them disgusted look.
The blonde guy stopped whatever he was doing and smirked, "just mind your own business kookie, I like it here. Go away if you can't stand us," Jungkook rolled his eyes as the blonde guy continued kissing that girl.
"Whatever hyung," he groaned. Jungkook finished his last piece of cake and sipped his champagne before stand up to going upstairs.
"Where are you going?" Jungkook turned around to look at the one who ask him. It was a brown haired guy.
"Upstairs. I'm going to bring some confetti since we can't use the fireworks."
"Oh. You don't need me to accompany you, don't you? Your 2nd floor is scary you know," the browned haired guy his body, already got goosebumps just from imagined it, "and maybe you need someone to help you bring the confetti."
"I'm not a scaredy-cat like you hyung," Jungkook laughed, mocking his hyung, "and I already bring half of it here, there are just some left. In case we need more."
"Okay then," the brown haired guy nodded. He came closer to Jungkook's ear and whisper, "good luck."
Jungkook just laughed and the brown hair guy back to his other friend, chatting and dancing.

 

23.30
Like what the browned haired guy said, the second floor of that villa is kinda creepy. The wooden floor and light dark color of the hallway wall reflect the dim light in a scary way. The storm outside was not make anything better.
Jungkook came out from the bathroom after finished his business before getting the confetti in the storeroom. The storeroom was located at the opposite corner, a bit far from where he stand right now. He needs to across the dark hallway to get there. That was not a big deal for him because he already used to. He spent most of his time here day or night. But he felt something unsual yet familiar feeling. He wasn't sure what is it so he hesistated a little before take his steps. Nothing happened until he reached the door and the clock hand moved to 9. Jungkook stopped for few seconds before smirked and entered the storage room.

 

23.50
"What time is it now?," the blonde guy's girl asked.
The blonde guy checked his left wrist, "oh! 10 minutes before new year!" He shifted his gaze to the girl and smiled, "let's get ready babe~," he pecked the girl.
That blonde guy get up and searched for the party holder but he was nowhere to be found. He went to an orange haired guy who flirting with a girl.
"Hey, where's Jungkook?" the blonde guy asked.
"I dunno, toilet?" answered the orange haired guy slightly annoyed.
"Stop flirting dude new year is in less than 10 minutes."
The blonde guy walked to the big screen television when Jungkook came down.
"Oh Jungkook you bring down more confetti? Great, you can hand them to those brats. I gonna turn on the tv so we can doing the countdown," Jungkook nodded and the blonde guy continued his way to the television.

 

23.58
"Are you okay?" A pink haired guy asked Jungkook when he handed him the confetti. Jungkook just smiled amd nodded. He was about to go to the next person when the pink haired guy talked again.
"Do you know.. You seems weird tonight. And you don't look excited for new year."
Jungkook face hardened before he answered, "I'm... I'm just a little tired hyung, don't worry."

 

23.59
"Are you ready guys?" The brown haired guy shouted.
"Yeeees," the crowded answered.
"Let's count down the time!" They waited for few seconds before started the count down with the mc in television.
"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2!"
CLAP
The light was out before they could say 1. Everything was so quite like the people and medias were shutted down, including the music and the television. The only sound that could be heard was the breathing sound that came from someone at the corner. The thunder struck again and the light shown a smirk in that person face, the party holder. And his guest never get a chance to welcome the new year.



Done! I'll leave to your imagination about what happened to Jungkook or why was he like that and who are those Jungkook's guests. This is a short one(and I don't really feel satisfired with this one) but it's been a long time since I post fanfic and it's my first time write this kind of story so.. I hope you enjoy this~ Thank you!