5. Don't Tell Me

Some Brewed Coffee (Maid Café)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Five

 

It was even harder than any math question in the world... And Chaeyoung did fairly well in that subject.

Chaeyoung's mouth ran dry for reasons she wasn't so sure of; but she opened to answer anyway, "A Red Velvet cake with some hot strawberry tea to accompany it?"

A chuckle as soft as though it was the most fragile thing in the world rang inside Chaeyoung's ears. She thought she was hearing angels, but no, it was Myoui Mina who had chuckled.

"Guess you're having a hearty snack with me, then." Mina darted her eyes from Chaeyoung to the window. "Do take a seat please."

With fingers fidgeting behind her back, Chaeyoung inhaled a sufficient amount of air before taking the empty seat in front of Mina. It was awkward to be sitting in front of someone she barely knows, but at the same time she was oddly glad, because she was someone who Chaeyoung is genuinely interested with - not because this Myoui Mina was the epitome of all things beautiful, but because of the underlying mystery she held.

As she's told herself before, she was going to figure out what Mina's deal was.

Myoui Mina raised her hand and called the attention of Jihyo, who coincidentally passed by their table. The lady had to stop and stare first before finally deciding that she was being summoned.

After a few seconds of deliberating - seeing how Chaeyoung had occupied a mistress' table and that mistress was someone she wasn't expecting - Jihyo walked towards the table and showed off a polite smile, "What can I do for you, mistress?"

"Say, how about some Red Velvet and some strawberry tea for me and my date?"

Chaeyoung choked on her seat, whilst Jihyo remained calm.

"Certainly will do, Mistress." Jihyo made a small bow and proceeded to the kitchen.

Disbelief was etched on Chaeyoung's eyes, and though she tried to look as passive as she could, she couldn't do it any longer. First, Myoui Mina lied, she ing lied about the red velvet, and now she called her her date. What sense did that make?

"Quit gaping, Chaeyoung," Another round of chuckle escaped Mina's lips, "though you look cute, but at the same time, you look like a puffer fish, no offense."

"What do you want from me?" Chaeyoung asked her supposed date. She didn't want to sound rude, but the more she stayed, the more she felt uncomfortable under Mina's presence.

A smile was the only answer Mina gave to her.

"I didn't lie, though." Mina looked at Chaeyoung as if the former was reading what was going on inside the latter's mind, "I originally wanted some Blueberry tarts and a vanilla coffee frappe, but since you suggested the red velvet, I assumed they were your favorite," She chuckled, "After all, our suggestions are often the reflection of what we want."

And damn, she was straight on point. I did want some red velvet earlier.

"But why dine with me?"

"I just wanted to," Mina placed her elbow on the table and leaned her cheek on her open palm. "Would you believe me if I said this was all a coincidence?" One end of Mina's lips curved up before she continued, "Cute uniform by the way."

Without any form embarrassment evi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter