Chapter 1 | Problems already?

Best Friend Vs Crush

Chapter 1 | Problems already?

{English} {Thoughts}


“I still don’t get it.” Chi, Baemi’s classmate, said as she looked at the paper in front of her. Baemi was explaining to her about the math problem they got from the teacher at school that morning. It took her 30 minutes to explain everything slowly and clearly.

“What’s pie again?” Chi asked.

Baemi’s jaw dropped at her friend and her grip on her pencil tightened, causing it to break into two. Chi’s eyes widened when she saw the pencil broke and gave Baemi a confused look.

“I’ve been explaining it for 30 minutes now! Were you even paying attention? And it’s pi, not pie!” Baemi shouted as she got up and left the room. They were at Chi’s house and she had asked Baemi to come to her house to tutor her.

“What’s the difference?” Chi asked to no one in particular. “Wait, are you still going to tutor me?” She shouted, hoping Baemi would still hear her from the stairs.

“NO!” Baemi shouted back before slamming the front door.

Baemi walked off to the bus stop angrily, stomping her foot every time she took a step. When she arrived at the bus stop not long after, she took a sit and waited for the bus while she mentally cursed her friend.

“Stupid Chi! And I mean, literally stupid!” Baemi crossed her arms in annoyance and made a face.

Seconds later, the bus arrived and she entered the bus. She swapped her card and took a seat near the door. As the bus was moving, she looked out to the window and watched the buildings that looked like it was speeding like lightning. She suddenly remembered the scene in Teen Top’s Crazy music video.

L.joe was running beside the bus, hitting the window violently but the girl didn’t seem to notice him. Weird. Baemi thought. She was so focused on Teen Top that she didn’t realize the bus has stopped at her bus stop. She got off and walked home.

As she was on her way to her house, she took out a small book. It was yellow and had Dorothy of Oz on it. It was a book where she’ll write down all the homework she has for the day. She opened it and looked at her recent notes.

“Algebra homework? Done.” She said to herself. “Arts? Done.”

“…Done.”

“…Done too.”

“All done!” She beamed and grinned to herself. She finished all her homework so now she could read and study, just in case Mr. Park gives a surprise quiz like yesterday.


Meanwhile at Korea 2 pretty boys were carrying their bags to board the airplane. One was wearing sunglasses even though it was already dark, while the other one wore thick glasses. He was on his phone, texting his friend.

The boy who was wearing the thick glasses turned to look at his friend. He looked up, seeing how shorter he was than the other boy, and sighed. The other boy noticed him looking and turned his gaze to him.

“What?” The taller boy asked.

“Tell me again why we’re going to Malaysia?” The shorter one asked.

“For a trip.” The taller boy shrugged. “Besides, it’s been a long time since we went somewhere together.” He smirked.

“But why did you bring me? I’m a girl!” The shorter boy, or girl, hissed.

“Taegyun, calm down! You act like a boy every time you’re with me, so what’s wrong if you stay in the same room as me?”

ert.” Taegyun muttered.

“What was that?” The taller boy asked, frowning.

“Nothing, Minjun oppa.” Taegyun stuck out his tongue.

Minjun shivered when Taegyun called him oppa. Usually he would call him hyung or just Minjun. Before he could say anything else, someone called his name. Both of the turned around to look who it was and saw 4 familiar faces.

“Taejun hyung!” Taegyun called out, waving his hand at the older boy.

“What are you doing here?” Taejun asked the both of them when he was in front of them.

The other 3 were slowly carrying their bags to their direction. Minjun turned his gaze to the other 3 and saw him. He panicked when he saw Hyungseok, carrying a big bag while complaining to the other boys. He didn’t know why but he felt nervous when he saw Hyungseok.

“We’re going to Malaysia. Well, Minjun is, I’m just being dragged along.” Taegyun glared at Minjun, who wasn’t paying attention.

“Oh, we’re going to Malaysia too!” A boy with dark brown hair exclaimed. He grunted as he carried his own bag. “Why is this so heavy?” He shook his head.

“It’s because you bring unimportant things, Chihoon-ah!” Taejun said, shaking his head too.

“Hyung, is this the right plane?” A boy with black hair asked from behind him as he looked at his ticket.

“Yeah, it is, Jiho.” Taejun nodded his head.

Park Hyungseok, who was standing next to Chihoon and in front of Minjun, stared at Minjun. He was feeling the same thing as Minjun; nervous. Why is he here? He thought to himself.

“Are they going to Malaysia?” Jiho asked and Taegyun nodded.

“Good! We could explore together.” Taejun smiled while laughing. No one else was laughing so he stopped a second later.

“Wait, you’re going to Penang too?” Minjun asked.

“Yes.” The 4 of them answered together.

Great.” Minjun mumbled to himself and cursed under his breath.

All of the ulzzangs boarded the plane and sat at their own seats. Luckily for them, they sat at the same area. Minjun was sitting with Taegyun and Hyungseok while the other three sat at the back of them. Minjun wanted to sit by the window – because he wanted to avoid Hyungseok – but Taegyun quickly made his way to the window seat.

“Yah! That’s my seat!” Minjun whispered loudly. “Get off!

Taegyun stuck out his tongue and ignored him. He took out his iPod and plugged in his earplugs. His head was bopping up and down to the music but he stopped when he saw one of the stewardesses’ glare at him. She shook her head and he bowed his head. He took off his earplugs and turned off his iPod.

Minjun groaned and puffed his cheeks. He took a glance at Hyungseok and saw him looking at him. Upon seeing that, he quickly looked somewhere else. Minjun didn’t know what to do so he just took a place in the middle. Hyungseok let out a deep sigh and took his place.

When the plane was set off, things became even more awkward between Minjun and Hyungseok. They didn’t talk to each other at all since then. Minjun wanted to talk to Taegyun, making it seem like he was busy to talk to Hyungseok but Taegyun failed his plan because he was listening to his iPod.

Minjun let out an awkward sigh, causing Hyungseok to look at him. Minjun looked at him and awkwardly gave him a smile. Hyungseok gave him a crooked smile but looked away quickly.

“So…” Hyungseok began to say. “How’s Jihyun?” He asked.

Minjun gulped. It was the question he wanted to avoid being asked by him since the first time he dated Jihyun. Minjun knew Hyungseok used to be Jihyun’s boyfriend but they broke up and now he’s dating her.

“Um, she’s fine.” He replied, nodding his head.

“Oh, that’s good then.” Hyungseok bit his lower lip.

“Yeah, I guess.” Minjun shrugged and plugged in his earplugs.

Hyungseok sighed and tried to rest his mind, but his memories with Jihyun just keeps flowing inside his head. How unlucky for him to be sitting next to his rival. He banged his head on the seat a few times before gaining some stares from everyone around him, even Minjun stared at him.

“Yah, Hyungseok what’s wrong with you?” Taejun asked from behind.

“N-nothing, hyung.” He replied, as he turned around to look at Taejun.

Minjun shook his head and rolled his eyes. He continued to listen to his music and closed his eyes. This will be a tough week. He thought to himself.


the melon speaks

finally i update .-. sorry for making you wait! ><
and omg! 5 subscribers already? :o asdfgj! thankyou!
i thought this fanfic would be a fail since not people love ulzzangs as much as I do :D hehe~
well, this is just short (is it?) and it's just to introduce the characters ^^
i was planning to add songs to this fanfic, but right now I can't think of a song that suits this chapter :I 
after reading some fanfics like Say "No!" To L.Joe and Target; e Noona, I saw them putting songs
in every chapter. I wanted to try doing that but I can't think of a good song ;A; 
oh, well. hopefully there'll be one in the next chapter ^^ thanks for reading!


@xinfinity - taehoon is the best! *-* i hope you don't die too! xD i need a reader like you ;P

@--retsnom - omg, you y twin! ;D hahaha, thanks for reading gongjoo! <3 lee taegyun looks kinda weird in the cc xD his posseee! <3

@icecream-- - mwahaha! these people need to be well known ;D lool. andd you'll see who's the good guy ;3
besides, i don't think Hyungseok suits the bad boy look :o 

@gummybeartakeover - your name! ;A; so cute! lol. MIN JUN IS SO WEIRD! but he's adorable ;D haha.
yes, yes! that's the weird thing xD Taegyun is a girl but she's also a tomboy ;3 and the 'old' ulzzangs have to be put in too! 
glad you're happy XD 


p/s: sorry for any mistakes in the chapter and spelling your name. LOL too lazy to check xD sorry :3

oh, and! look down~

park hyungseok + park jihyun 

kwak minjun + park jihyun