Fin 1/1

Black Van, Traffic, and Night Conversation (Kim Taehyung x OC One-Shot)

The words in italic inside the quotation marks means the characters are talking in English.

The words in intalic outside/without the quotation marks shows they inner thoughts. 

Enjoy :)


 

"Excuse me! Out of the way, please!" Jena pops out her head out of the window to get rid of the fans that are jamming her way. She drives the black van full of props into the TV broadcasting building. It's only been a week that she's being hired here after the work at the supermarket. 

"Jena… Jena, why do you have to do such things like this?" Her boss Jiyeon folds her arms as the girl comes down from the driver seat to open the back door. 

"Well, I need some cash." She shrugs and keep detaching the boxes. 

"Try out a model agency or audition to be an idol! Look at your face!" 

Well, true. Her face is the beauty that came from two origins. Plus ripped jeans, a pair of Vans, a rock band T-Shirt, and the only girly-looking piece is her long khaki wool coat. 

"I have zero talent, Miss Jiyeon." She smiles lightly as she brings down the last piece. "Well, it's all here now. Do I need to go back again?" 

"Nope. Take a break at the office now. It's dinner time anyways." Jiyeon looks at her watch and then at her again. "Thank you for today, Jena. Good job." The boss smiles too then walks away from her.

"You too, boss." She bows down, giving the last greetings before going into the office. 

 

"Damn!" After looking at the clock, she immediately puts down her coffee cup and rush outside to her van. It's 8 PM and she supposed to be at home earlier because she has to buy the medicine for his father. Not thinking anything again, she drives the van towards home immediately. 

"Why are these cars walking so slowly? Aren't we out of the rush hour?" She talks to herself before finally got a phone call from her cousin* from the father's side who lives with her. She is an orphan now. 

"Hi, Jessi." 

"Jena! Where are you?" 

"On my way home. I don't know why there's still traffic at this hour."

"Me too. But I'm walking. Probably can arrive in 15 minutes or something. How's JBSTV so far?"  

"Only been a week and the people are already being nice to me. I should work harder then." Jena answered with her vivid accent. 

"Are you sure you're not going to audition any agency? You know there's a lot of… people from those companies in the building, right?"

"I don't…. know. Jess, if there are some, it would be the staffs only not the scouting people." Her eyes squinted at the street. Damn, the interstate is packed up with vehicles; it is definitely jammed. 

"Well then try going into their companies. Be a famous person so I can be proud of my cousin!" Jessica insisted, she really thought that her beauty is not for waste. 

Jena laughs it off. "Yah, you selfish . You do the auditions instead!

Jessica laughs too on the other line. "I could. But I know I'd slay the other applicants and got in eventually." 

"This girl, really. Say whatever you want, I won't try auditing in the mean time. Gosh damn the traffic is so crazy my car hasn't moved for-" The girl looks at the rearview mirror and got her eyes widen and jaw dropped. She sees another three pairs of eyes, looking at her also in worry manners. 

"Jen? Jena? Jeny? Hello?" Her cousin on the other line snapped her back to reality. 

"Uh… I got to hang up. Bye." Not thinking anything, she immediately turns off her phonecall. Then her body freezes, only capable of gulping her saliva and clears . 

I have kidnapped three members of BTS. 

Jena takes a deep breath a couple times because she's really scared of being accused of taking these boys on purpose. 

But she's not. It's a pure mistake.

Holy , I have brought the wrong van!

Still on the traffic jam, she turns around and ready to face them. "Um, hi. I-I'm sorry for the inconvenience but… I think I got the wrong v-van." The girl ends with an awkward grin. 

"It's fine." Jungkook answered, but being aware.  

"I-I'm really sorry I didn't meant to do any of this-"

"Hey, it's okay. We can just go back and I'll contact our manager." Namjoon smiles, revealing the cute dimples that's enough to make her blush. 

Though later then, her heart suddenly thumps so fast. She's seriously scared of being scolded by her boss and you know, just simply accused of being a crazy fan that tried to kidnap three idols. 

Then she might loose her job,

and have to find another,

then some rejections…

I wanna yell so bad. She thought. 

Jena is still in an awkward position of driving but then suddenly Taehyung pops his head from behind, flashing a very sweet smile of his. 

"Were you trying to kidnap us?" He said in a sudden sarcasm and stern voice.  

Damn why is this boy reading my mind?

"N-no."

"Ok, then." He smiles again and goes back to his seat. This is truly a one weird kid, exactly like how his image is. 

 

After about half an hour, they don't go much from the spot before. Jena only need another 500 meters for her to come down and be able to go back to JBSTV's building. But the fortune is not on her side now, making the awkward atmosphere more decent. 

Suddenly, her phone rings for another call. "Yes, Jessi?"

"I'm already at home and Uncle Kim was hyperventilating and complained about the pain in his head. But he had already ate the last medicines, and a bit okay now. I think you should come home faster and buy them."

Holy . "Oh my God…" She runs her hands through her hair. "Jess, can you buy them at that pharmacy near home? I'll pay you back later. I'm still on my way and the traffic is so crazy."

"Jen, this isn't just medicine, remember? You need prescription from the doctor and it's always in your wallet." 

Jena sighs deeply, wanting to burst into tears right away. "Alright, just take care of him for me, yeah? I'll be home as soon as possible." 

"I will."

"Thank you, Jessica."

"You are very welcome." 

Since the van is still not moving, she covers her whole face with her hands, releasing a bit of the tears. But she heard something behind her, like someone transferring from behind to the front seat…

It's Kim Taehyung, now seating at the front with her.

Jena looks away and swiftly wipes up her tears, putting her hands on the steering wheel again. 

"Why are you here?" 

"It's our van." 

"Oh," Right.

"And, look at my mates they are sleeping like pigs. I'm bored." He shrugs, bringing his mouth to a corner. "So…"

"Crazy, right? The traffic jam?" She interrupts. 

"Yeah."

Then silence occurs for a good minute.

"Sorry, I'm not actually the kind of person who likes staying awkward. I like making friends and, y'know, go crazy with them. So I'm gonna go straight forward to make conversation; Why did you cry?"

Woah, this boy. "I wasn't crying." She lied.

"You sobbed a little."

"No, I was yawning!" Now they are both grinning, initially starting a word-fight. 

"And there's something under your nose."

Jena widened her eyes and quickly covers it with a tissue. But a laugh suddenly bursted out from his mouth.

"You lied, weren't you?" 

He nods as an answer and still laughing, keeping his hands on his stomach. 

"Yah!" Naturally, Jena hits his upper arm, but soon realized that she just hit a star of this century. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to." 

"Eyy, it's okay. We're friends!" He lightly pushes her arm too. 

Friends? 

"And friends can tell each other about anything, right?" Now his voice turns slightly serious. "Is your dad okay?"

Jena is lightly shocked. "How do you.."

"Your headset isn't sound proof. I heard everything. Thank God my lads weren't snoring." 

"Well… He isn't okay." She says barely audible, forcing a smile.

"May I know why?" 

"He's got a brain illness, not long after my mum passed away." 

Taehyung is taken aback, feeling guilty about asking that. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I'm fine now." Not.

"Alright, I'll talk about other things. Where do you come from?" He says, catching her blue deep-blue eyes perfectly. 

Realizing that, she blushes. But can't help to keep staring back. 

"I heard you were talking in English with that very weird accent." 

Jena stares longer that Taehyung had to clap once. "Hey!" 

"Y-yes. I was in an English high school." 

"What?" 

"What?"

Then again, he bursted out the silent-laugh. "I was asking of your origin." 

"Oh! I'm half British from my mum's side and Korean in my father's."

"Hmm… how do you speak in Korean so fluently?" He cornered his chin with his fingers. 

"It's because I'm half Korean, Taehyung-ssi." She said, matter-of-factly.

He then comes to realization. "Right."

"Is your job a driver? Why?"

"Uh…."

"Wait, I have nothing behind my question I am seriously being curious."

Jena smiles at his freaked out face, then turns ahead to operate the car again. Still another 300 meters for the exit. "I don't really excel in anything. I only graduated high school and decided to learn driving for this kind of job. I have to substitute my father's role in the family, so, I am fine with any labour job."

On and on and on, they talk about things. It is mostly Taehyung asking about her and she just believe in him like that. Jena doesn't know why it just feels so… safe to tell these to him. He seems promising and caring. 

Well, all of this will be gone from his memory anyways. He has more things to worry beside this random conversation. She thought. 

"Me and Jessi love any kinds of music. We like to dance crazily on the mattress and all."

"Yeah? You listen to our songs?"

"Of course! As long as they can make us do crazy things then we'll enjoy hearing it." 

"Ah… you probably don't like my solo one."

To be honest, she likes them, but she hasn't heard all of their songs. "Actually, I haven't heard it yet." 

"You should. No, you have to." He jokingly threatened her. 

"Promise!" Jena chuckles lightly.

They finally reached the exit way from the interstate and thank God the road under it is not as bad. But suddenly, she forgets something in her mind. 

"Taehyung-ssi-"

"Just Taehyung, please."

"Okay. Taehyung, I've been answering your questions and I think I should ask something to you too."

"Cool. Ask me things."

"I can see you guys in every music show. I mean, what do you feel about that? Aren't you all tired? Don't you miss… home?"

He brings his head down and sighs lightly. "I am tired and I miss my family back home. But I also have to give back to my fans. They're the best persons after my parents and my siblings." 

As a reaction, Jena just nods a couple times. "How about you?"

"Hmm?" His face is confused.

"You. Are you happy? Are you satisfied with your environment?"

"I am. But sometimes it's just…" 

Kim Jena why the hell are you so rude? "I shouldn't have asked that, I'm sorry if I'm too presumptuous." 

"Hey, you make me look like I'm not a human that needs this kind of talk," He gives a signal though; Let me just continue.

"See? this is the kind of things that I hate. It's not easy to make conversation like this to other people when I'm feeling so low. Yet I also hate the way they think that I'm…."

"Untouchable." Jena interrupts. 

"Yeah. But at the same time now, I believe you." 

While driving, she finds herself being taken aback. Be honest, it's too hard to comprehend:

A famous boy would believe an ordinary girl like me? The one that they might think a sasaeng for kidnapping three idols?

"Taehyung-ssi, that honor is not easy to earn from other people and I was just being declared as one. Thank you for that,"

"Thank you for believing me when you might thought that I'd take you to somewhere else."

Taehyung smiles tirelessly. "I knew you wouldn't take us anywhere. I knew that now I can see that JBSTV building again."

Jena is at so much ease. It is so nice to have people believe in you to keep their secrets. It feels good that she's able to listen to him.

When she parks the van, she slowly turns to him only to find the boy has been looking at her. And there for a good minute, they stare at each other's eyes. 

"So, I'm going now. It was really nice to see you." 

"Me too. That was a fun talk."

"Y'know, when I recall the convo, you did ask me a lot more than I do to you." Jena opened the door while saying that, ready to hop off. "Goodbye, Taehyung." She gives a last smile before leaving them. 

But suddenly, Taehyung goes out of the car too and chase after her. "Hey! I've never officially known your name."

She turns around, then holding her hand out. "I'm Jena. Kim Jena." 

"I'm Kim Taehyung." He takes her hand for a handshake,

and also passing a small note to her.

Puzzled, she opens it slowly but then their manager interrupted both of them.

"Thank God you all are in one piece! Taehyung, where's Jungkook and Namjoon?"

"In the car, sleeping and snoring!" He yelled back. "Since I owe you your questions about me, call my number and I'll ready to answer-"

"Kim Taehyung, let's get the hell outta here!" The manager yells again from the van.

"I'm usually off at seven in the evening. Or somewhere around after-midnight. Do it around those times. Bye, Jena!" Taehyung gives a smile and waves his hands. 

 

Even when their car is already gone, Jena keeps standing there and looks at her palm.

Your friend Taetae; 101-3322-1313

Is this boy crazy or what? Giving out his number just like that?

No, I think this is a prank. It couldn't be this easy,

right?

In case, she keeps it in the pocket of her khaki coat and goes back to her real van, ready to go home. 

 

1.31 AM

After taking care of the house, Jena finally finished all her work for today and ready for bed. But there is this one thing still bothering her mind.

Is this real? She asked herself again while holding the paper Taehyung gave to her. 

I'm usually off at seven in the evening. Or somewhere around after-midnight. The girl remembers his message earlier. Since this is the hour, she wants to try it, not really caring if this is a random people's number and she'd ended up waking them up. 

Nothing to loose anyways.

Jena presses the numbers and lies down on her bed, literally not expecting anything.

But after three notes, the person on the other line finally picks up.

She's even more surprised when she finds out that his deep husky voice is very familiar. "Hello?" 

Then she smiles so big, knowing that it is her friend who eventually answers her phonecall. 

 


*) A bit background explanations: Jena's father and his only sister (pure Koreans) had lived in the UK since they were kids. Her father is married to a British woman but his sister married another Korean. The couple died in a car crash so their only daughter Jessica (the cousin) had to live with Jena's family. 

 

SOOO how was it? hehe it was very random and I had to write it down, finished in only two hours ._.

leave a comment or upvote if you want. I appreciate your feedbacks!

Thank you for reading!

Love love, kenny :)