For Fubuki

Story Request Time!

 

Oneshot prompt: Fubuki: 

Don't know if you're willing to do, but top!hun and bottom!kai expecting their first child.

Scenario: cuddling during labor, sehun comforting kai


It was a miracle, a true miracle because that’s the only way they could even begin to explain what was going on. When they first found out Kai was pregnant, Sehun’s first instinct was to run. To just run and never come back. Though he had nothing against children, having kids of his own wasn’t in his cards and especially not so early in life. It wasn’t what made him gay, but he was sure thankful he was so he wouldn’t accidentally knock up a girl and have her come banging on his door claiming he had fathered her child. No, he was gay and he was free of that burden unless he decided to adopt with his partner. With both him and Kai clean of diseases, using protection was just not something they practiced, so there was nothing to worry about it.

 

Until now. Suddenly and somehow Kai was pregnant, with his kid and they were going to have to deal with it. It was hard at first, male pregnancy was so uncommon there was nothing really written about it. Just the ramblings of hormonally and high strung fangirls. All fiction, at least that’s what Sehun would have thought if he wasn’t faced with the reality that Kai was indeed pregnant. Since there wasn’t any credible literature, he decided to read up on what others “assumed” would happen in the forms of fanfiction and what he read sounded so plausible. At least in the form of delivery. C-Section because natural birth just seemed impossible. Then again, Kai got pregnant somehow, so there had to be a space somewhere in there that acted like a womb for the child to grow in, right?

Right? Natural birth seemed incredibly scary and he didn’t want to put Kai through that really. Despite his initial desire to run away, he really did love Kai. He loved him alot and if he could do anything to help keep him from being in pain, he would. It was hard to do research about this type of thing, to find valuable information and in the end, Sehun decided to just buy pregnancy books and they could probably tailor what they were learning to their current situation. Nine months, that’s what they had to try and figure everything out and each day was definitely a challenge, especially when Kai got further along and the cravings hit. It annoyed Sehun alot, to be woken in the middle of the night to run to Taco Bell to get the other food.

 

How he managed to get through most of the pregnancy was a blessing honestly. As the last month came up on them, Sehun spent most of his time fixing up their nursery while Kai spent most of his time in front of a mirror complaining he was fat. Hormones, that’s what Sehun had to keep reminding himself. It was always hormones, especially when Kai just broke down and cried for hours, called him terrible names, blamed him for things and then apologized. It was a rocky rollercoaster for them and it honestly did test their relationship. It was Sehun’s will to stay with Kai that allowed him to keep his level head and reassure Kai that everything would be alright. As the due date grew closer, Sehun found himself staying by Kai’s side more often.

 

Sehun groaned softly as he felt Kai shifting around on the bed next to him. He rolled and reached out, arm slipping over Kai’s waist, hand resting on the large baby bump, fingers it lightly. He could feel their child moving under his hand and he smiled softly.

 

“Hunnie.” Kai groaned and shifted once more.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sehun muttered, still half asleep. He could feel Kai trying to move away, so he tightened his grip and pulled the other back against him. “Kai?” he asked. Lifting his head, he opened tired eyes and stared down at his tan love that was still wiggling and shifting on the bed.

 

Kai shifted onto his back and looked at Sehun with pleading eyes. That look had Sehun waking up rather quickly. He had never seen his lover look like he was in so much pain. Sitting up in bed, Sehun was leaning over Kai, hand immediately resting on Kai’s stomach where his hands were resting. “Sehun...it hurts.” Kai whispered, his normally tan cheeks, flushed brightly red at the pain he was feeling in his swollen abdomen.

 

“It hurts?” Sehun asked and rubbed his stomach gently. “Is it time baby?” he asked gently. Kai gave a soft nod and Sehun nodded. “Okay baby. Okay. Hang on okay?” he said as he scooted out of the bed and slipped on his slippers. He walked around the side of the bed and carefully helped Kai sit up in the bed before getting him out of it and got his slippers on. “How bad is the pain?”

 

“Really bad.” Kai breathed out with a grunt. Sehun looked him over for a moment before he reached over and grabbed the bag that was in the corner of the room and hauled it onto his shoulder. His arm moved around Kai’s waist and he started leading the other out of the bedroom. Because of the sensitivity of the nature of this situation, Sehun hadn’t been all that eager to learn they would still need to go to the hospital for Kai to have their child. But they had least found a place that was very discreet about what happens there and when a specific doctor was asked for, caution was greatly taken to help the patient. At least he could look forward to immediate help for Kai.

 

He wasn’t going to lie, he was very nervous. He had no idea what to expect, even with all the books he had read. It’s easy to read and picture it in your head, it’s another to go through it. And even though he wasn’t the one going to give birth, it was his lover, someone he cared about so much and that alone was terrifying. As much as he knew things would most likely turn out alright, a part of him was afraid of what could go wrong and those scenarios were constantly running through his head as he loaded Kai into their car and headed for the hospital. The ‘what if’ scenarios were going to drive him to an early grave and Sehun was just praying nothing would go wrong. Everything would be ‘run of the mill’ normal for a male pregnancy. He was begging for it.

 

Sehun was thankful when they arrived at the hospital, sliding into the ER/Valet parking. Getting out, he handed one man his keys while he went around and helped another get Jongin out and into a wheelchair. It didn’t take much prodding before they were inside and Sehun was checking Kai in to see Doctor Kim Mil. One of the nurses came around from the front desk and escorted them to the elevator. The walk seemed to take forever, the wait even longer, mainly because he was more worried about Kai and how he was handling the situation. Which, from every time he glanced down, he didn’t think the other was handling it every well.

 

Whining softly to himself, Sehun was more than relieved when they finally made it to the right floor and the right wing and Kai was helped into the bed. He was pretty sure the nasty looks he was given was because he was climbing in the bed with Kai, his arms wrapped around his lover tightly, but he couldn’t really care. He needed to be close to Kai, to comfort him. It seemed to help, or at least he hoped it did. Kai rested against him, both their hands over his stomach and he seemed more calm and relaxed. And for that, he was grateful.

 

“Hunnie.” Kai groaned at one point, his hand moving to squeeze around Sehun’s fingers, making him wince in pain. “It hurts, so ing much. When will it end?”

 

Sehun shushed him with a gentle kiss to his forehead. “Soon.” he whispered though his voice cracked, letting Kai know just how nervous he really was. “Just a little longer.” he assured him and cuddled closer to Kai, smiling softly. “And then we’ll have our son right here with us.” He felt Kai’s head nod, but the other didn’t say anything. They laid there for what felt like hours, but it couldn’t have been that long. They waited for as long as Kai could stand it. But eventually the pain got too much and it was time.

 

Sehun wanted to go with Kai, but because of how delicate the situation was, the doctor didn’t want to risk having him in there incase something bad did actually happen. So Sehun stood back and watched as they wheeled Kai off to the operating room with parted whispers of ‘I love you’. Sehun was left to pace and worry and pray. Pray that Kai would make it out alright. Pray that their son would make it ( though they didn’t know what gender they were having). Pray that in the next few hours Sehun would be greeted with the lovely sight of his family. And if it happened, if everyone made it out alright, then he swore on everything important to him (like his bubble tea because that was like his #1.9 after Kai and his soon to be born child) that he would finally take the plunge and settle down and make Kai his for the rest of their glorious lives.

 

It was only an hour later when the doctor returned, and shortly after Kai was brought back. The overwhelming sense of love and happiness that filled Sehun when he saw the other was indescribable. Even more so when he saw the bundle in Kai’s arms with an adorable blue little beanie on his head. Just like it should be. Their son.

 

It took all Sehun had not to rush over. Instead, he waited until the doctors and nurses left before making his way to the bed and stared down at their son with such a loving gaze. He was just the right color of tan to be a perfect mix of both of them. “He’s precious.” he whispered.

 

“He’s got your eyes.” Kai snickered. “But he’ll have my good looks.” Sehun snorted and rolled his eyes.

 

“He’ll have your ego too if you start him this early.”

 

“Oh I will. He’s going to know he’s y” Kai chuckled and little chubby cheeks. “He’s perfect.” he said and Sehun nodded.

 

“Of course he is. He’s ours. Thank you, Kai. For going through all this. For being so strong.” Kai looked up at him then and smiled. Leaning up, he kissed Sehun gently and sighed.

 

“Thank you, for being an adult and taking responsibility.” he teased and Sehun pouted.

 

“So rude.”

 

“I love you, Sehunnie.”

 

“I love you too, Jonggie.”


Author's note: Ah yes! This is being revised! Haha, oh lord not sure how I'm going to post the chapter scenarios but I will. I know this has been a long time and I'm sorry it has taken so long, but I'm going to be working on this as much as I can! Thank you for your patience!