Lucky

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already late in the evening and yet Taeyeon’s still inside her office doing her research. Her superior asked her this afternoon to finish the report with regard to the changes on the Earth’s surface for the past decade.

 

She was doing her research with her laptop only illuminating the room. Taeyeon non-stop typing rhetorical facts and theories that she has gathered until her phone got her distracted.

 

Taeyeon checked who’s calling her at this hour and sees that it’s Yuri. Thinking that the call might be important, she stopped doing her report for a moment. She swiped the screen and answered the call.

 

“Taeng. Is Tiffany in your office right now?” Yuri immediately asked as soon as she placed the phone onto her ear.

 

Taeyeon takes a short glance at the clock hanging on the wall and sees the time. It is already quarter to eleven in the evening and the way Yuri asked her just made her worry. “Why? Is there any problem?”

 

“Y-yeah.” Yuri replied shortly.

 

Taeyeon already sensed that there’s something wrong with the way her friend answered her question so she asked, “What is it, Kwon Yuri?”

 

There were a few minutes of silence on the other line and then Yuri speaks up. “Sooyoung and I think that she has overheard our conversation earlier.”

 

“Conversation about what?” Taeyeon asked with a bit of pressure on her tone.

 

“About you… liking someone.” Yuri told her hesitantly.

 

Taeyeon sighed. She knows that snapping at her friend won’t help so she just keeps herself calm.  “Did she hear your entire conversation? Have you mentioned her name?”

 

“We don’t know. That’s why I’m asking you if she’s there. You know that it’s already late and she’s not the usual person who goes out at this time unless she’s in the bar.” Yuri stated worriedly. She’s really feeling guilty about them being careless with their conversation.

 

“Have you tried calling Bora?” Taeyeon insinuated.

 

“Sooyoung did. She said that Bora didn’t see Tiffany in the bar tonight.”

 

“Okay. I’ll try to look for her.” Taeyeon said.

 

“We’re sorry, Taeyeon-ah.” Yuri said apologetically.

 

“It’s okay.” Taeyeon said briefly and hung up.

 

It didn’t take a few minutes until a message popped up from her notification feed. She swiped the screen and opened the message. It’s from Tiffany.

 

MIYOUNG

At the observatory rooftop. Now.
11:11PM

I forgot to bring coffee so get me some when you go up.
11:11PM

 

 

Taeyeon shoved her phone back in her lab coat’s side pocket and walked her way to the nearest espresso machine to get her best friend a drink. After the machine filled the cups, she headed immediately at the observatory rooftop to meet Tiffany.

 

The cold breeze of the spring air welcomed her the moment she arrived at the observatory rooftop, there was Tiffany who is silently sitting on the bench, enjoying the stars shining brightly above them. She quietly approached her best friend and takes her seat next to her.

 

“Yuri and Sooyoung were worried about you. They thought that you were kidnapped or something.” She said and handed her the coffee cup.

 

“So, they already called you.” Tiffany looked down and takes the cup from her best friend’s hand.

 

“Mmm.” Taeyeon replied briefly and takes her sip of the warm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter